or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 896

post #13426 of 19606
However it's many more than this forum digging the 2030. You would not see nearly every stocklist with it otherwise
post #13427 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

25 pairs?? That's impressive

Been buying Vibergs for 5-6 years now.   When they still did the individual MTO, I was a little crazy.   

post #13428 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

25 pairs?? That's impressive

Been buying Vibergs for 5-6 years now.   When they still did the individual MTO, I was a little crazy.   

 

LOL...I am glad I missed the MTO days...pretty sure I would be living out of a Fridge box surrounded by Berg's

post #13429 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

However it's many more than this forum digging the 2030. You would not see nearly every stocklist with it otherwise

That's true.   Viberg has really evolved beyond the style that first attracted me, which is great.  There's not much not to like about Viberg and I pretty much love everything they do, except the 2030.   I found Viberg when they were into the look that they currently supply to the Japanese market.   They've moved on.  I just wish I could sneak a pair going to the Japanese market once in a while.   

post #13430 of 19606
Understood. But I think you only don't like the 2030 due to personal fit issues, correct? I think we can both agree the shape of the last is pretty great
post #13431 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post
 

What's wrong with trying out some new styles?  I currently own 25 pairs of Vibergs on every last but the 2030.  I owned one pair of 2030s for about a week and sold them on Ebay.   I really don't like the 2030 at all.  There's more to life than 2030 service boots with stacked leather heels on danite.   This forum is really pretty limited to a small group focused on what seems to be a consistent style.   There are a lot more Viberg customers out there that like other things.  


Wow 25 pairs of Vibergs.

 

So besides Viberg do you have any other favorite shoes or boots.

post #13432 of 19606
And i thought i owned alot. Im afraid to count. And yes I agree with trying new things. All good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post

What's wrong with trying out some new styles?  I currently own 25 pairs of Vibergs on every last but the 2030.  I owned one pair of 2030s for about a week and sold them on Ebay.   I really don't like the 2030 at all.  There's more to life than 2030 service boots with stacked leather heels on danite.   This forum is really pretty limited to a small group focused on what seems to be a consistent style.   There are a lot more Viberg customers out there that like other things.  
post #13433 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Understood. But I think you only don't like the 2030 due to personal fit issues, correct? I think we can both agree the shape of the last is pretty great

No, they fit fine.  I just really prefer a rounder-toe look for a casual shoe.   I wear Aldens for dress occasions and Vibergs for everything else.   I love the 110, 2045, 2040, 1035.   Got these on today to play a gig at the author's party at the Southern Book Fair.  These are on the 2040, which my favorite look for the service boot.   (They also match my 1938 Martin D-18:)

 

).

post #13434 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post
 

No, they fit fine.  I just really prefer a rounder-toe look for a casual shoe.   I wear Aldens for dress occasions and Vibergs for everything else.   I love the 110, 2045, 2040, 1035.   Got these on today to play a gig at the author's party at the Southern Book Fair.  These are on the 2040, which my favorite look for the service boot.   (They also match my 1938 Martin D-18:)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

).

 

That's a pretty sweet Martin.  I've always wanted a Martin but only sprung for Ovations.  Can't imagine how much Martins cost nowadays, let alone a 1938.

 

Back to shoes.  25 pairs is incredible, and I thought I owned quite a few Vibergs.

 

There almost seem to be two camps of Viberg fans --- the rounder, more workboot camp and the more, dare I say, fashion boot oriented 2030 camp.  Most of my Vibergs are on the 2030 and that's not only because I like the shape of the last but as I've said on different threads before, the 2030 is the best fitting last across all manufacturers for my particular feet.

 

I am attracted to Vibergs on the other end of the spectrum, though.  When the right boots on the 310 come along, I might give them a go.

post #13435 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post

What's wrong with trying out some new styles?  I currently own 25 pairs of Vibergs on every last but the 2030.  I owned one pair of 2030s for about a week and sold them on Ebay.   I really don't like the 2030 at all.  There's more to life than 2030 service boots with stacked leather heels on danite.   This forum is really pretty limited to a small group focused on what seems to be a consistent style.   There are a lot more Viberg customers out there that like other things.  
I agree with this sentiment. (But I've never tried a 2030. Seems to dressy)

Have you ever posted a pic of all your boots? Must be an amazing assortment.
post #13436 of 19606

Does Viberg use the bobcat last anymore? Looks really cool, somewhere between the 110 and 310. An SF makeup would be sweet.

 

post #13437 of 19606

 

Wearing my Colour 8 CXL stitchdowns today.  Nothing special here except after wearing them for about a year, I thought they looked a little too red and I wanted to change things up so I slapped some black cream on them.  I'm happy with the results, with the almost variegated look adding some extra character.

post #13438 of 19606
Horse butts heading to the game, so happy it will be dropping to the 40 degrees tonight...ugh

post #13439 of 19606


Billymax - I would very much like to see pictures of your 25-pair collection, especially since it steers clear of the current overwhelmingly favored 2030 last. It should be a strong boost for those lasts which we don't see very often nowadays on stockist's websites. What a great collection!

post #13440 of 19606
Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post

Does Viberg use the bobcat last anymore? Looks really cool, somewhere between the 110 and 310. An SF makeup would be sweet.



Love everything about this
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots