or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 895

post #13411 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post

I picked these up from Bureau Belfast. I know most of you boys out here don't like the chunky Vibram look, but I love these on the 110 and they are the most comfortable Vibergs I think I own. Long live the 110 orthopedes. Now all I need is my Half Japanese and I'll be happy for about a week until I need another fix. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I like that chunky 110 look.  I have never liked those Vibram soles but my opinion has changed of late.  I think it changed when I changed my opinion about crepe soles.

 

I am now waiting for some boots I like on those specific soles.  I believe you that they are your most comfortable Vibergs.  Congrats on picking those up.

post #13412 of 19290

I have these scout boots from Bureau Belfast.  The gloxi-cut soles are so comfortable.

 

 

I also like the nigel cabourn chukka.  

post #13413 of 19290
I brannock at about an 8.8 or so and went with the 8 on the 2030 i believe the 1035 is roomier. Sucks to be a tweener I know how pronounced is the slip in the 8.5 I have always been learly of assuming or hoping something will stretch just my .02
post #13414 of 19290
I am guessing the natural shell may be a launching pad for a new last.

https://instagram.com/p/8oEk5liglx/?taken-by=brett_viberg
post #13415 of 19290
Hmm... No cap toe, 8 eyelets. That natural shell looks smooth. Sample last is going to need some sizing advice prior to deposit. I'm in.
post #13416 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

I am guessing the natural shell may be a launching pad for a new last.

https://instagram.com/p/8oEk5liglx/?taken-by=brett_viberg


If it ain't broke, stop fucking with it! That last looks quite similar to the 2030 shape. I don't get the point in making small modifications to something that works so well already. The 1035 is the result of taking a beautiful shape and trying to make it something it isn't. I hope the same thing isn't happening here. 

post #13417 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
 


If it ain't broke, stop fucking with it! That last looks quite similar to the 2030 shape. I don't get the point in making small modifications to something that works so well already. The 1035 is the result of taking a beautiful shape and trying to make it something it isn't. I hope the same thing isn't happening here. 


The new last could be geared specifically for GYW since the 2030 on a gyw don't quite look the same as it does on a stitchdown

post #13418 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by hem state View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

 


If it ain't broke, stop fucking with it! That last looks quite similar to the 2030 shape. I don't get the point in making small modifications to something that works so well already. The 1035 is the result of taking a beautiful shape and trying to make it something it isn't. I hope the same thing isn't happening here. 


The new last could be geared specifically for GYW since the 2030 on a gyw don't quite look the same as it does on a stitchdown

Agree that would make sense...plus maybe it will have room for a double row of welt stitching.
post #13419 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
 


If it ain't broke, stop fucking with it! That last looks quite similar to the 2030 shape. I don't get the point in making small modifications to something that works so well already. The 1035 is the result of taking a beautiful shape and trying to make it something it isn't. I hope the same thing isn't happening here. 


I don't understand the anger.  They might be trying to offer their customers more choices since not everyone can wear the 2030.  Different models and leathers can benefit from a different last.  An engineer boot or hiker on the 2030 would not work in my opinion.

post #13420 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask boot View Post


I don't understand the anger.  They might be trying to offer their customers more choices since not everyone can wear the 2030.  Different models and leathers can benefit from a different last.  An engineer boot or hiker on the 2030 would not work in my opinion.

I totally agree- different lasts for different boots. I just think their classic service boot, especially in shell, benefits from the 2030. I haven't seen a shell makeup that I thought looked good in another last
post #13421 of 19290
Viberg olive nubuck from lost and found. 2030 plus commando soles



post #13422 of 19290

I wasn't crazy about those from the pics at lost & found, but they look good on the foot.  Nice pickup.

post #13423 of 19290

What's wrong with trying out some new styles?  I currently own 25 pairs of Vibergs on every last but the 2030.  I owned one pair of 2030s for about a week and sold them on Ebay.   I really don't like the 2030 at all.  There's more to life than 2030 service boots with stacked leather heels on danite.   This forum is really pretty limited to a small group focused on what seems to be a consistent style.   There are a lot more Viberg customers out there that like other things.  

post #13424 of 19290
25 pairs?? That's impressive
post #13425 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark View Post
 

I have these scout boots from Bureau Belfast.  The gloxi-cut soles are so comfortable.

 

 

 

 

I also like the nigel cabourn chukka.  

 

These are great looking boots.   I like the Cabourn chukka too.   I have a pair in every color. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots