or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 88

post #1306 of 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqblackbook View Post

I hear BS all the time, but I will tell you that all rumors, whether fact or fable, should be put aside for a moment. From all interviews, write-ups, official and unofficial responses from Viberg (etc., etc), cordovan is something that they'd rather not work with. Cordovan boot construction cannot be implemented while the factory is in full production of non-shell boots. I've heard that Viberg yields experience and cordovan know how to the oligopoly, Alden and Allen Edmonds.

Fact: I've seen what's been made by everybody around the World for decades. I've seen processes change and quality diminish. He'll, I've seen entire industries crumble in towns and cities that were once thought to be the footwear hubs of the World.

With all the movement in the wrong direction, there has been little good news in terms of integrity and craftsmanship improving in mens footwear. Get ready, Folks. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen. Viberg is doing it right and honing their blades while the others get dull. This should be an exciting time for all who are interested in good people doing things the right way.

I don't believe i've ever seen anybody write so closely to Hunter Thompson's style on an online forum without the intention to do so.
post #1307 of 7047

Kiya,

I'm one of your best customers. I take what you said as a great compliment. I'm heading over to the Self Edge thread next.

 

For those who are unfamiliar with Kiya, he is the Steve McQueen of Persian Denim perveyors who like myself made the voluntary choice that hair slowed him down. To speak accurately, Kiya is the most influential individual in the United States denim market since denim was created...thus making him the most important and influential individual who has ever exposed the United States to denim. I'm not talking about the NY garmentos who enter and exit the denim world every 3-6 years, each time with a brand which further deteriorates their already non-existent group of admirers.

 

Without Kiya, we have no Flat Head, We have no Iron Heart, We have no Sugar Cane, we have no Dry Bones, we have no Strike Gold, we have no RJB and , most important;y, we have no Roy. Kiya is on the verge of doing what Michael Milken made an artform out of in the 80's. We call it a hostile takeover. I do not see the department of trade getting involved when SE starts carrying Samurai, Studio, PBJ and Momotoro. Blue in Green tries to be so authentic that they literally cannot communicate with their perspective U.S. customers. Just as AT&T lost the iphone, Kiya will soon be carryingall of these brands and will stop his ceasefire with a store which fails to understand that their goal os to be one of two leading outposts where Americans can purchase the finest Japanese Denim. Go get 'em, McQueen!

post #1308 of 7047

I like this guy.

post #1309 of 7047
Sits back and waits for Guy to show up.
post #1310 of 7047
Crazy McCrazerson
post #1311 of 7047

I lol'd.

 

Seriously though, if y'all haven't noticed, Self Edge focuses on Japanese brands with an American flavor.  Many of BiG's brands have a decidedly more Japanese character, like Momotaro, PBJ, Samurai, etc.  So it's not guaranteed that he'd stock all of them even if BiG didn't, they don't necessarily fit in with the store's flavor.

post #1312 of 7047
Amen! WTF is going on here??
post #1313 of 7047
Amen! WTF is going on here??
post #1314 of 7047
lurker[1].gif
post #1315 of 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqblackbook View Post

Kiya,
I'm one of your best customers. I take what you said as a great compliment. I'm heading over to the Self Edge thread next.

For those who are unfamiliar with Kiya, he is the Steve McQueen of Persian Denim perveyors who like myself made the voluntary choice that hair slowed him down. To speak accurately, Kiya is the most influential individual in the United States denim market since denim was created...thus making him the most important and influential individual who has ever exposed the United States to denim. I'm not talking about the NY garmentos who enter and exit the denim world every 3-6 years, each time with a brand which further deteriorates their already non-existent group of admirers.

Without Kiya, we have no Flat Head, We have no Iron Heart, We have no Sugar Cane, we have no Dry Bones, we have no Strike Gold, we have no RJB and , most important;y, we have no Roy. Kiya is on the verge of doing what Michael Milken made an artform out of in the 80's. We call it a hostile takeover. I do not see the department of trade getting involved when SE starts carrying Samurai, Studio, PBJ and Momotoro. Blue in Green tries to be so authentic that they literally cannot communicate with their perspective U.S. customers. Just as AT&T lost the iphone, Kiya will soon be carryingall of these brands and will stop his ceasefire with a store which fails to understand that their goal os to be one of two leading outposts where Americans can purchase the finest Japanese Denim. Go get 'em, McQueen!

I'm (obviously) very flattered, you should write our press blasts for us.
FYI, the SE thread is right this way: http://www.styleforum.net/t/26625/self-edge-sf-ny-la-japanese-denim-more-flat-head-iron-heart-strike-gold-3sixteen-roy-etc-affiliate-thread/5625
post #1316 of 7047

this thread took an unexpected and entertaining turn. kiya mcqueen. it fits. change approved.

 

oh yeah, here are my vibergs after a couple months of almost everyday wear. relevance.

 

AppleMark

 

post #1317 of 7047
Hey guys. I just got some custom 145s from Viberg in a size 8 and they are a bit big. Anyone have anyone recommendations are fixing the fit situation?

Thanks in advance.
post #1318 of 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartusch View Post

Hey guys. I just got some custom 145s from Viberg in a size 8 and they are a bit big. Anyone have anyone recommendations are fixing the fit situation?

Thanks in advance.


Add an insole. Buy a couple of different thicknesses - experiment.

post #1319 of 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post

this thread took an unexpected and entertaining turn. kiya mcqueen. it fits. change approved.

 

oh yeah, here are my vibergs after a couple months of almost everyday wear. relevance.

 

 

 

 

Looking good!

post #1320 of 7047

Just wondering whether the 2030 last (with unstructured toe) is significantly sleeker/slimmer than the Red Wing Iron Ranger (D width) last?

 

I'm thinking about getting a pair of service boots but I want to be able to dress these up with slim chinos and a collared shirt (possibly even with a casual suit) and not look like my boots have just stepped out of a construction site and/or a clown performance.

 

I find the IR last balloons around the mid foot and looks really chunky and a bit clowny.

How about compared to the Wolverine 1000mile as well? I'm looking for something a little sleeker than these as well.

 

Some photos I see of the 2030 service boot look nice and slim and dressy and some look kind of chunky.

 

If anyone has fit pics of these with slim jeans/chinos, that would be grand as well.

 

Thanks.

 

 

Slim/sleek:

 

 

Pictures: (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Chunkyish:

 

Pictures (Click to show)

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 96

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots