or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 85

post #1261 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

Seer: The more I see these shoes the more I want a pair. How are they breaking in? I am hoping to catch a pair on sale somewhere or find another vendor like Yuketen that makes something close in look. I know the quality most likely wont be the same. I like the black sole you put on those. More of a classic look. 'I am interested to see what the MTO choices the group decides will look like for the boot ,shoe, chukka etc Have a good weekend all DuckOB

They are breaking in fine, actually they are broken in - I have worn them a lot. They still look exactly the same, the leather is so thick that it doesn't really crease like my old Aldens or AEs. I have a pair of Service Boots in Red Dog leather ordered - MTO. It will be a while but I will post pictures when I get them. From what I know the Yuketens are a good shoe - I think they are made in Canada too - but I don't know by who.   

post #1262 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post

They are breaking in fine, actually they are broken in - I have worn them a lot. They still look exactly the same, the leather is so thick that it doesn't really crease like my old Aldens or AEs. I have a pair of Service Boots in Red Dog leather ordered - MTO. It will be a while but I will post pictures when I get them. From what I know the Yuketens are a good shoe - I think they are made in Canada too - but I don't know by who.   

 

I will get my first pair of Viberg Oxfords next week (brown harness leather, cap toe, vibram christy) and am not able to compare Yuketen and Viberg directly yet. But I have 4 pairs of Yuketen that I absolutly love! The quality is great and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. From what I understand they choose from different artisans who produce fore them, mostly in Maine but also in Mexico and newly in Italy, where my brand new Yuketen Sneakers are from (very stylish!!) Let´s see how the Viberg Oxford will be.. Z
post #1263 of 9351

How does their 2045 Last fit?

 

Is it typically TTS, and is it safe to assume it would be a full size less than the typical US size?

 

 

I wear a size 11 1/2D in most shoes, and a size 11 Alden Barrie, so would I be safe to assume I would wear a size 10 1/2 UK in this Last on their service boot?

post #1264 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by zola View Post

 

I will get my first pair of Viberg Oxfords next week (brown harness leather, cap toe, vibram christy) and am not able to compare Yuketen and Viberg directly yet.But I have 4 pairs of Yuketen that I absolutly love! The quality is great and they are the most comfortable shoes I own.From what I understand they choose from different artisans who produce fore them, mostly in Maine but also in Mexico and newly in Italy, where my brand new Yuketen Sneakers are from (very stylish!!)Let´s see how the Viberg Oxford will be..Z


I believe you will find that the Vibergs are heavier, more substantial. There will be a little more break in time, but they get supremely comfortable - especially on the Vibram sole.  

post #1265 of 9351

Hey guys, a little help on the lasts and sizing.  I'm looking at making this oxford as one option for the SF MTO.

 

 

Just have a question between the 2030 and the 110 last.  Some pictures.

 

2030 Last

 

110 Last

 

Now, the 110 is obviously rounder.  How would you size these?  Is the 2030 last still a "normal width" last or is it long and narrow?  Can anyone comment and compare them to...say...the Alden Barrie last?  I'm leaning towards the 2030 last, but if its considered long/narrow, then maybe not.  Thanks.

post #1266 of 9351
If this is helpful for someone.

I have Viberg 2040 last boots in size 8 and the fit is perfect . I'm size 9D US TTS and wear Alden 9D in Plaza,/8.5D in Barrie lasts.
post #1267 of 9351

I think the 2030 is far and away the best looking last Viberg has

post #1268 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I think the 2030 is far and away the best looking last Viberg has

wait until you try 2040.. might not be as sleek as 2030 but it's unreal in terms of comfort and still has nice profile.
post #1269 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Hey guys, a little help on the lasts and sizing.  I'm looking at making this oxford as one option for the SF MTO.

 

 

Just have a question between the 2030 and the 110 last.  Some pictures.

 


Now, the 110 is obviously rounder.  How would you size these?  Is the 2030 last still a "normal width" last or is it long and narrow?  Can anyone comment and compare them to...say...the Alden Barrie last?  I'm leaning towards the 2030 last, but if its considered long/narrow, then maybe not.  Thanks.

I was just talking to Morgan at Viberg about this. The 2030 last has quite a bit less toe room and instep room than the 110 last.I think the over all length is about the same.

post #1270 of 9351
To me the 2030 last is what distinguishes viberg from say White's and other work boot brands. It has the perfect combination of toughness and quality construction, but at the same time, its sleek and gorgeous just to look at. Personally, I don't think the quality of construction is so much superior that viberg can charge 2-3 times of white's rw etc.
post #1271 of 9351

110 last is still great looking and distinct

post #1272 of 9351

Is it possible to have 110 last on service boots?

post #1273 of 9351
You can do a service boot on any last.
post #1274 of 9351

Thanks PhilPsi32. I now wonder how the service boots look like on 110 last as I have wide feet. I assume that they look quite different from ones with 2045 last. 

post #1275 of 9351
I have wide feet too, and I wanted my service boots to look a little chunkier and less sleek than the 2030 last, so they are going to be built on a 110 last. I'll post pictures when they come.

Cheers,

Fok.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots