or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 73

post #1081 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

can't wait for pix.
do they take repair order [ie, re-sole] @store or do you need to arrange thru mail?

I'm sure if you're there they'll take your resole order at the store. Probably not practical for most people.
post #1082 of 4579
my service boots just arrived on Friday - my favourite pair by far !

post #1083 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I got sized on the 2030, 2040, and the 110 (sort of). No 310s near my size.

I was severely delayed at SEA-TAC. I'm lucky I was able to catch Morgan at the factory and get fitted. Custom order to follow shortly.

Overall, top notch. The staff really is great, just very very busy.

 

Can you report on how the different lasts compared with regard to fit, especially in width and feel of the toebox...?

 

Thanks!

post #1084 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emixam View Post

my service boots just arrived on Friday - my favourite pair by far !

 I like those - are they rough-out leather? Do you like that type of leather? They look comfortable.

post #1085 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emixam View Post

my service boots just arrived on Friday - my favourite pair by far !


Nice! Waiting for my pair to arrive from the sale. Checked out the boot maker part, pretty cool.
post #1086 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

 

Can you report on how the different lasts compared with regard to fit, especially in width and feel of the toebox...?

 

Thanks!


I can comment in a very general way.  The 110 is quite wide, I mean really wide, in the toe box. Even adjusting for UK sizing, I might still go down a half size.  Hard to say as I didn't have a full range of sizes to try on.  The 2040 also has a wide and round toe box but not as pronounced as the 110.  And I would go 1/2 to 1 full size larger than the 110.  The 2030 is their "sleek" last, long and narrow and a slightly pointier toe.  The 2030 seems to fit TTS (after adjusting for UK sizing i.e. US size minus 1).  There were no 310s near my size to try on, but they should fit comparably to the 2040.  Wish I could be more detailed.

post #1087 of 4579

Great info.

 

I have a pair of oxford in the 2030 last & is wondering if I should switch it to another last for my next MTO. I guess I'll stay with the 2030 last.

post #1088 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

Great info.

 

I have a pair of oxford in the 2030 last & is wondering if I should switch it to another last for my next MTO. I guess I'll stay with the 2030 last.

 

Depends on what kind of look you want.  The 110 and 2040 are beefy but can compliment a variety of clothing styles.  All depends on what you like.  I'm working on a 2030 MTO, but I'd like to do something on the 310.

post #1089 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post

 I like those - are they rough-out leather? Do you like that type of leather? They look comfortable.

yes rough out leather. very comfortable and much lighter than my scout boots in CXL ice mocha.
post #1090 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

 

Depends on what kind of look you want.  The 110 and 2040 are beefy but can compliment a variety of clothing styles.  All depends on what you like.  I'm working on a 2030 MTO, but I'd like to do something on the 310.

Have you contacted them yet? I dropped 2 emails to them but received nothing yet. Not sure if they are busy or their email is not working.

post #1091 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

Have you contacted them yet? I dropped 2 emails to them but received nothing yet. Not sure if they are busy or their email is not working.


They are crazy busy.  It's a small operation considering their popularity.  You might try calling maybe middle of this coming week.  Patience is best.

post #1092 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emixam View Post


yes rough out leather. very comfortable and much lighter than my scout boots in CXL ice mocha.


I think rough-out is going to be my next choice. Thanks

post #1093 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

Have you contacted them yet? I dropped 2 emails to them but received nothing yet. Not sure if they are busy or their email is not working.

Who did you email? The mto@viberg.com account was bouncing back because of a server issue. Should be functioning as of today.
post #1094 of 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyferguson View Post


Who did you email? The mto@viberg.com account was bouncing back because of a server issue. Should be functioning as of today.

I would just use morgan@workboot.com I always get a quick response.

post #1095 of 4579
That's great, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post


I can comment in a very general way.  The 110 is quite wide, I mean really wide, in the toe box. Even adjusting for UK sizing, I might still go down a half size.  Hard to say as I didn't have a full range of sizes to try on.  The 2040 also has a wide and round toe box but not as pronounced as the 110.  And I would go 1/2 to 1 full size larger than the 110.  The 2030 is their "sleek" last, long and narrow and a slightly pointier toe.  The 2030 seems to fit TTS (after adjusting for UK sizing i.e. US size minus 1).  There were no 310s near my size to try on, but they should fit comparably to the 2040.  Wish I could be more detailed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots