or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › please recommend a watch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

please recommend a watch - Page 2

post #16 of 45
Watchbuys.com is the official US representative of most German brands. I just picked up a German piece to use as a daily beater off FleaBay

Greg,
I've had the Marine Diver for over a year though I haven't had a tripod to take macro pictures without getting a ton of blurring. My camera still stinks, and I get quite a bit of background noise, but they are at least sufficient for quick pics, sales, etc. I haven't been able to get a movement shot, though I only have one piece with a display back.
post #17 of 45
Thread Starter 
thanks for the replies you all! i wanted a watch where i could change the band so that it is a dress watch if i have it on leather strap and casual if i have it on steel bracelet. again, thanks for the suggestions. besides the price, would a cartier pasha or some other cartier model fit the description?
post #18 of 45
I picked up this Oris Atelier watch and absolutely love it. I believe retail is $1595.
LL
post #19 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I picked up this Oris Atelier watch and absolutely love it. I believe retail is $1595.

It's awesome - I love the design!
post #20 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
It's awesome - I love the design!

Ditto.
post #21 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_is_james
thanks for the replies you all! i wanted a watch where i could change the band so that it is a dress watch if i have it on leather strap and casual if i have it on steel bracelet. again, thanks for the suggestions. besides the price, would a cartier pasha or some other cartier model fit the description?

opinions?
post #22 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_is_james
opinions?

Personally, I don't think that would fit your criteria #4. But that's just my taste I guess - I can't think of any men's Cartier watches that I like, except for some of the (very) expensive Tortue collection
post #23 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
Personally, I don't think that would fit your criteria #4. But that's just my taste I guess - I can't think of any men's Cartier watches that I like, except for some of the (very) expensive Tortue collection

what if #4 is modified to:
timeless. classic. sophisticated. not flashy or not so flashy.

reference for the watch: http://www.authenticwatches.com/w31074m7.html
post #24 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_is_james
what if #4 is modified to:
timeless. classic. sophisticated. not flashy or not so flashy.

reference for the watch: http://www.authenticwatches.com/w31074m7.html

If you like it, go for it! I can think of dozens of other watches I'd rather spend $3k on. But again, it's just not my taste
post #25 of 45
I don't particularly like the Pasha -- I think it looks a bit effete -- but it is an icon of watch design and if you like it, go for it. Has your budget increased by $1,500 overnight?

I like the IWC Mark XV. It is bigger than classic dress-watch dimensions, but I think it would go great with a suit or jeans:

http://www.watchseller.com/iwcmkxvwhitd.html
post #26 of 45
i ve been so delighted by my new oris from bernard watches.

here is their link to the watch ,http://www.bernardwatch.com/Oris
it is BW# ORI237

the second from left. retail is $1350 according to the site but whether it is or not, i am so satisfied with mine. it is beautiful and great bargain for 350.

no im not affiliated or getting anything from bernard other than i just want to spread the word.
post #27 of 45
Thread Starter 
right now i'm heavily leaning towards the omega seamaster aqua terra and would probably save up to get a cartier in the future. i like the IWC Mark XV too though it's a lot more expensive. can someone tell me the brand image of omega and IWC?
post #28 of 45
omega is widely considered to have the best value for money. iwc is also well regarded in that range.
post #29 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy
omega is widely considered to have the best value for money.

I know that best value is a relative term but I think that JLC would garner the honor, certainly if chosen from among the top makers. I love Omega, a Pre-Moon Speedmaster was my first quality watch, but generally speaking they're not a top maker. Omega is Rolex, less the hyperbole.
post #30 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Omega is Rolex, less the hyperbole.

imo, omega and jlc sits on different planes in the watchworld. but as to what i've quoted from you- that is why i think omega has the best value for money. (well at least compared to the watches in the omega price range)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › please recommend a watch