• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exercising in the morning

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did/does anyone find it hard to start working out on a regular basis in the AM? I think it's the only time of day to I'm able to work out; I've tried in the evenings but there is just zero motivation after work.

Any tips on morning workouts? Is it wise to have a cup of coffee and a snack beforehand? Ultimately I think it will come down to just doing it and creating a routine.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i can only go at night. but you'll get used to it, jazzercise is a lot different than what i do in the gym.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is a pain in da ass but you need to get into the routine and make urself get up and going!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i can only go at night. but you'll get used to it, jazzercise is a lot different than what i do in the gym.
its hard to do dexterous things in the morning... like writing... and for jazz class: spirit fingers
tumblr_led2nwJ3XM1qfcpjoo1_500.gif

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just go with a cup of coffee. It may feel weird in the beginning but you'll get used to it. Strength was not affected in my experience.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I workout about 1.5 hours after I wake up.. I do it with coffee and sometimes a couple of bananas beforehand. I'd do whatever is comfortable for you.

GSquared

Reaction score
I tried going in the mornings and it's killer. I take a little longer lunch and go during that time as there is a gym by my office and home that I belong to (Snap Fitness). That way I don't need to wake up early and also am not pissed when I go after work and then don't get actually home until 7 and can enjoy my night.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get my exercise on the way to and from the office...of course this requires me to move further and further from work as I get stronger.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your reason for not exercising at night instills little confidence in me that you'll be able to maintain regular trips to the gym in the morning, regardless of any advice dispersed here.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avoid Deadlifts before standing for 4 hours at work/lab.
teacha.gif

dsgNYC

Reaction score
I'm not what you would call a morning person, but I forced myself to workout in the mornings because I had no will to put in a workout after a long day at work. Do whatever you have to to get into a routine and you'll find it easier to wake up as time goes by.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown
I'd do whatever is comfortable for you.

^This.

The best schedule and the best exercise regimen is the one you will stick with.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when I was going to Pratt freshman year, I would wake myself up at 4:30 every morning, get in my car, drive over the Brooklyn Bridge, hop on the FDR going North, park on 5th avenue around 70-75th street, and take my morning jog through central park. Sometimes I ran up and down Fifth and Madison avenue, appreciating all the store window displays. I also would utilize the Apple stores bathrooms that are open 24/7. It's really a different place so early in the morning, before the masses of people are swarming about. I have no idea what my motivation was to get up so early to do this, but I did it every day and I loved it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads