or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › You ALDEN HATERS Are Gonna Have Mixed Feelings Re: This Thread **NOW RESOLVED 2/28**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You ALDEN HATERS Are Gonna Have Mixed Feelings Re: This Thread **NOW RESOLVED 2/28**

post #1 of 148
Thread Starter 



My whiskey shell LWBs and ravello shell LWBs after just ONE wear each. Both on the inside left vamp. Same stitching coming out.

Recommendations? One is from Alden SF, the other, Shoemart.
post #2 of 148
Contact Alden to get them fixed.

I've had it happen on a pair of calkskin indy boots where I easily fixed it on my own, but that would be a bit more difficult with shell.
post #3 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Contact Alden to get them fixed.

I've had it happen on a pair of calkskin indy boots where I easily fixed it on my own, but that would be a bit more difficult with shell.
+1. Yes, contact Alden.
post #4 of 148
I've been wearing shoes almost my entire adult life and that's never happened to me.
post #5 of 148
damn... that really sucks :/
post #6 of 148
Contact Alden. They will fix them. Judging by the pictures I've seen of similar fixes, I'd say the quality of repair varies from "fairly good" to "total shit". Your shoes look brand new, and I hope Alden is able to fix them to your satisfaction.
post #7 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLA View Post
I've been wearing shoes almost my entire adult life and that's never happened to me.

Almost???
post #8 of 148
Thread Starter 
I'm sure they will do a good job...seems like a simple fix, and if they don't, I'll just find a local guy to do it. Just sucks I'm gonna be without them for weeks...
post #9 of 148
Have had same problem with 2 pair alden, each time a $6 fix at cobbler. No big. Granted, shouldn't happen, but as QC problems go it's a minor annoyance.
post #10 of 148
This has been one of several recent posts that makes me think Alden's quality has dropped a notch. Maybe I'll stay with C&J and other english brands.
post #11 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Almost???
Was just thinking the same thing as I read that comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I'm sure they will do a good job...seems like a simple fix, and if they don't, I'll just find a local guy to do it. Just sucks I'm gonna be without them for weeks...
I'd be curious to find out what Alden says when you call them. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that so called well made shoe would come apart that easily. -LR
post #12 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I'm sure they will do a good job...seems like a simple fix, and if they don't, I'll just find a local guy to do it. Just sucks I'm gonna be without them for weeks...

PM Nick V and get his thoughts.
post #13 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcollector2454 View Post
damn... that really sucks :/

SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY #8 LONGWINGS.
post #14 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
Have had same problem with 2 pair alden, each time a $6 fix at cobbler. No big. Granted, shouldn't happen, but as QC problems go it's a minor annoyance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post
This has been one of several recent posts that makes me think Alden's quality has dropped a notch. Maybe I'll stay with C&J and other english brands.

I wouldn't let is stop you from buying Alden. I know people like to talk about their faults a lot, but I think thats overblown. I have had (and still have most) about 10 pair of Aldens and these were the first problems I've had.

If AR Six has it right, I won't be too upset. I'd rather pay the $12 than have to ship and wait for these to get fixed.

You think this is a result of all of their collab work? Maybe their "House Shoes" suffer because their focus is now on what they produce in small batches for designers.
post #15 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I wouldn't let is stop you from buying Alden. I know people like to talk about their faults a lot, but I think thats overblown. I have had (and still have most) about 10 pair of Aldens and these were the first problems I've had.

If AR Six has it right, I won't be too upset. I'd rather pay the $12 than have to ship and wait for these to get fixed.

You think this is a result of all of their collab work? Maybe their "House Shoes" suffer because their focus is now on what they produce in small batches for designers.

Good to know. I haven't had the pleasure of owning Aldens (they seem more expensive than foreign shoe brands on the eBay, brand recognition maybe?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › You ALDEN HATERS Are Gonna Have Mixed Feelings Re: This Thread **NOW RESOLVED 2/28**