or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Management Consulting Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Management Consulting Discussion - Page 11

post #151 of 477
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoood View Post
So what would count as 'major firm' in this context?

Bain, BCG, McKinsey +Accenture. Maybe Booz. Maybe IBM.
post #152 of 477

..


Edited by merkur - 7/30/11 at 7:35am
post #153 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur View Post
I know these firms have a yearly intake for analysts and associates (or whatever the correct term is but you get the drift) coming from the college and MBA graduate ranks but is it possible to join say an MBB midway through the year at a junior level or does one have to wait for the beginning of the next year to start (especially if one is already working)?

I think the MBBs interview and hire off cycle as well as on. You might want to submit your resume online and then shoot an e-mail to the person who coordinates hiring at the regional office you're interested in.
post #154 of 477
Any comments on risk with respect to IP?
post #155 of 477
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
Any comments on risk with respect to IP?

I'm not sure I follow...can you clarify?
post #156 of 477

..


Edited by merkur - 7/31/11 at 5:38am
post #157 of 477
Not to sure if these were answered... (forgive me if these were already answered) Can you describe what an average day is like for an entry-level analyst/associate? What is the difference between an analyst and/or an associate? In an average day, are you constantly busy or are there lulls where you can take breaks?
post #158 of 477
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeezle View Post
Not to sure if these were answered... (forgive me if these were already answered)

Can you describe what an average day is like for an entry-level analyst/associate?

What is the difference between an analyst and/or an associate?

In an average day, are you constantly busy or are there lulls where you can take breaks?

It varies so much it is hard to say. There is research, analysis, internal and client meetings, slide creation, etc. This is a resource for you:

http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/what...ay_to_day.aspx
post #159 of 477
I feel like MBB is caught up on Ivy recruiting. I can't imagine what they accept Public college students short of a Rhodes Scholar...
post #160 of 477
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
I feel like MBB is caught up on Ivy recruiting. I can't imagine what they accept Public college students short of a Rhodes Scholar...
In my experience they like Berkeley and UVA students a lot.
post #161 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
In my experience they like Berkeley and UVA students a lot.

Also, the regional offices (Minneapolis, etc) seem to have a fair representation of the local flagship graduates.
post #162 of 477
so what do you (artisan fan) do and what are your primary duties?
post #163 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
Bain, BCG, McKinsey +Accenture. Maybe Booz. Maybe IBM.

A.T. Kearney not on this list?
post #164 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
I missed out on Kitzbuhel as well. Lots of good European travel though. Did some serious damage in Milan and London and Cologne which was great for Kiton deals back in 2000.

Kitzbuhel is awesome - my favourite Firm training location
post #165 of 477

..


Edited by merkur - 7/31/11 at 5:36am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Management Consulting Discussion