I had a 38R suit (snagged it for what I thought was a great deal on ebay) the shoulders were 20".
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandGianluca Capannolotagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGianluca Capannolo Jackettagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandZegnatagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Dress better as the boss? Last post on 9/10/12 at 1:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Style crimes: fit vs formality Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 4:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Slight Step Up In Style For Work Last post on 7/9/12 at 9:18pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing - Page 442
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6617 of 67158/28/13 at 6:08amQuote:
So if I want a true 38R in CB for RLPL, I should go for a 34R or 32R? Crazy stuff.
Is the cut inspired by a particular era?post #6618 of 67158/28/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by dreamspace
Spotted this solid navy RLPL 42R SC going for 70 bucks.
orphan suit coat.post #6619 of 67158/28/13 at 9:28am
Yeah, the CB stuff seem to run ridiculously large over the shoulders. Hell, even the SA RLPL rtw suits and coats seemed to run a bit wider, than say their Polo line.
Not sure of the reasons. Maybe the "power suit" styling still hanged on, well into the 90s ?
Ralph himself wears (or wore) coats with obnoxiously wide and padded shoulders.
edit: Seems like the CB suits run up to 4 sizes larger than normal PRL suits. I remember once picking up a 38R CB RLPL suit, and the shoulders were like 19.5", and 21" chest...If you have 18" shoulders, don't even bother.
Edited by dreamspace - 8/28/13 at 10:18ampost #6620 of 67158/29/13 at 5:12pmpost #6621 of 67159/8/13 at 1:46pm
I'm new here and female to boot. So bear with me. I've been reading your advice for weeks now and think I'm ready to buy my husband suit. He's losing weight so I don't want to spend a lot of money yet. What do you think of this?post #6622 of 67159/17/13 at 11:30ampost #6623 of 67159/17/13 at 2:55pmpost #6624 of 67159/17/13 at 3:20pmQuote:
Nope - this is a thread to share clothes that are on eBay. I don't think that post was related to your question at all, nor was it supposed to be.post #6625 of 67159/17/13 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by PJShep
I'm new here and female to boot. So bear with me. I've been reading your advice for weeks now and think I'm ready to buy my husband suit. He's losing weight so I don't want to spend a lot of money yet. What do you think of this?
But to answer your question - no, I would not buy that suit you linked to. Not a big fan at all.
Is he a 46S?post #6626 of 67159/19/13 at 1:56pmpost #6627 of 67159/30/13 at 1:30pmpost #6628 of 67159/30/13 at 7:19pmpost #6629 of 67159/30/13 at 7:25pmpost #6630 of 67159/30/13 at 9:02pm
- ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Slim, Warm 38L Topcoat - A Thinksgiving Challenge 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin Japan Blue Oxford Large NWOT 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...