I had a 38R suit (snagged it for what I thought was a great deal on ebay) the shoulders were 20".
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandGianluca Capannolotagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGianluca Capannolo Jackettagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandZegnatagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Dress better as the boss? Last post on 9/10/12 at 1:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Style crimes: fit vs formality Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing - Page 442
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6617 of 67178/28/13 at 6:08amQuote:
So if I want a true 38R in CB for RLPL, I should go for a 34R or 32R? Crazy stuff.
Is the cut inspired by a particular era?post #6618 of 67178/28/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by dreamspace
Spotted this solid navy RLPL 42R SC going for 70 bucks.
orphan suit coat.post #6619 of 67178/28/13 at 9:28am
Yeah, the CB stuff seem to run ridiculously large over the shoulders. Hell, even the SA RLPL rtw suits and coats seemed to run a bit wider, than say their Polo line.
Not sure of the reasons. Maybe the "power suit" styling still hanged on, well into the 90s ?
Ralph himself wears (or wore) coats with obnoxiously wide and padded shoulders.
edit: Seems like the CB suits run up to 4 sizes larger than normal PRL suits. I remember once picking up a 38R CB RLPL suit, and the shoulders were like 19.5", and 21" chest...If you have 18" shoulders, don't even bother.
Edited by dreamspace - 8/28/13 at 10:18ampost #6620 of 67178/29/13 at 5:12pmpost #6621 of 67179/8/13 at 1:46pm
I'm new here and female to boot. So bear with me. I've been reading your advice for weeks now and think I'm ready to buy my husband suit. He's losing weight so I don't want to spend a lot of money yet. What do you think of this?post #6622 of 67179/17/13 at 11:30ampost #6623 of 67179/17/13 at 2:55pmpost #6624 of 67179/17/13 at 3:20pmQuote:
Nope - this is a thread to share clothes that are on eBay. I don't think that post was related to your question at all, nor was it supposed to be.post #6625 of 67179/17/13 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by PJShep
I'm new here and female to boot. So bear with me. I've been reading your advice for weeks now and think I'm ready to buy my husband suit. He's losing weight so I don't want to spend a lot of money yet. What do you think of this?
But to answer your question - no, I would not buy that suit you linked to. Not a big fan at all.
Is he a 46S?post #6626 of 67179/19/13 at 1:56pmpost #6627 of 67179/30/13 at 1:30pmpost #6628 of 67179/30/13 at 7:19pmpost #6629 of 67179/30/13 at 7:25pmpost #6630 of 67179/30/13 at 9:02pm
- ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 25 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 26 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 35 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 40 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 46 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...