or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing - Page 433

post #6481 of 6712
Selling an Anderson and Sheppard, eat it up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180807731720#ht_720wt_1141

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #6482 of 6712

I usually use ebay and amazon, but was recently introduced to http://stylefeed.com/

 

post #6483 of 6712
/Anyone purchase an Partenopea suits/sportscoats from mrmorgliano or sartoriale lately?

I see an influx of it, especially with sartoriale. I'm curious as to the quality of the lines.
post #6484 of 6712
post #6485 of 6712

The 2nd one is from an SF member. Buy from him directly and save him the eBay fees.
post #6486 of 6712
post #6487 of 6712
I bought a 'suit' from an ebay seller, but it is two separates.

The jacket is Canali size 52 sportsjacket. The model number is 14227/00 (all Canali sports jackets have 00 as the last two digits as this is left to denote the trouser type).

The trousers are a size 50 with model number 00000/40. Luckily they've been let out at the waist so it fits me but they are bit squeezier than normal.

The owner claims to have bought the suit at a NYC showroom. However, before I give negative feedback, should I give the vendor the benefit of the doubt that he was actually able to split a suit size from the Canali shop? Although strictly speaking its not really a suit, otherwise the model number on both the jacket and trousers would be 14227/40.

Then again, maybe it's my own damn fault for not noticing the model number discrepancy after I bid.
post #6488 of 6712

THe only one I bought on ebay a few months ago was a Drakes silk tie. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a suit there as I'm not sure about quality.

post #6489 of 6712

suits aren't a good thing to buy on ebay at all, each suit is a different cut and size which could be completely wrong for your body shape even if the measurements are correct.

post #6490 of 6712
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

/Anyone purchase an Partenopea suits/sportscoats from mrmorgliano or sartoriale lately?
I see an influx of it, especially with sartoriale. I'm curious as to the quality of the lines.

I have never bought from Sartoriale, but have bought a few Partenopea jackets from morigi. A few years back I got one which was apparently made for now-defunct Scott Hill. I have bought a couple of other SCs since then and they are just what appear to be the "mainline" black square label, standard inner tag, etc. I'm no expert but the quality seemed great to me when comparing to, say, Isaia and Zegna mainline. I remember he sold some suits a while back made for Milord?, an Italian shop. I think the feedback on those was pretty good too.
post #6491 of 6712
Quote:
Originally Posted by __PG__ View Post

I bought a 'suit' from an ebay seller, but it is two separates.
The jacket is Canali size 52 sportsjacket. The model number is 14227/00 (all Canali sports jackets have 00 as the last two digits as this is left to denote the trouser type).
The trousers are a size 50 with model number 00000/40. Luckily they've been let out at the waist so it fits me but they are bit squeezier than normal.
The owner claims to have bought the suit at a NYC showroom. However, before I give negative feedback, should I give the vendor the benefit of the doubt that he was actually able to split a suit size from the Canali shop? Although strictly speaking its not really a suit, otherwise the model number on both the jacket and trousers would be 14227/40.
Then again, maybe it's my own damn fault for not noticing the model number discrepancy after I bid.

A negative feedback is like the death penalty for a seller. What you have described is certainly not worthy of a negative feedback. If you know so much about the serial numbers then why on earth didn't you check that prior to buying? If the slacks match the jacket I really do not see what the issue is? I am just stunned by your remark "before I give negative feedback" meaning, you plan on doing so. Is there any personal responsibility for anything anymore?
post #6492 of 6712
Quote:
Originally Posted by __PG__ View Post

I bought a 'suit' from an ebay seller, but it is two separates.
The jacket is Canali size 52 sportsjacket. The model number is 14227/00 (all Canali sports jackets have 00 as the last two digits as this is left to denote the trouser type).
The trousers are a size 50 with model number 00000/40. Luckily they've been let out at the waist so it fits me but they are bit squeezier than normal.
The owner claims to have bought the suit at a NYC showroom. However, before I give negative feedback, should I give the vendor the benefit of the doubt that he was actually able to split a suit size from the Canali shop? Although strictly speaking its not really a suit, otherwise the model number on both the jacket and trousers would be 14227/40.
Then again, maybe it's my own damn fault for not noticing the model number discrepancy after I bid.

If the color and pattern match up, I don't think it's a big deal.

But I'm confused about your description; did you purchase an SC or an orphaned suit jacket?

If it's an SC, how would you find matching trousers?
post #6493 of 6712
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

If the color and pattern match up, I don't think it's a big deal.
But I'm confused about your description; did you purchase an SC or an orphaned suit jacket?
If it's an SC, how would you find matching trousers?

If you match the fabric it can be done (the tessuto number in both items is the same).

To summarise. The article did not come from the Canali factory as a suit. Otherwise the modello number in both items (jacket and trouser) would match. However, its been matched (maybe by the owner, maybe by the Canali store) as sports jacket and trouser with the same fabric.

I'm not going to give negative feedback as the dimensions were correct. I just assumed too much. Next time I'll ask more questions before bidding.

Re : fit. The jacket fits perfectly. I know what Canali models do and don't fit. The trousers are a little tight..I'll have to live with it.
post #6494 of 6712
BTW the ebay vendor responded and said it was a Made-to-Measure Canali suit ordered from the NY showroom (apparently through his work). This would explain how he was able to mix-'n'match his suit sizes top and bottom.

There you go, you learn something every day. Thanks to people for advice re : ebay ettiquette.
post #6495 of 6712
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover View Post

I am just stunned by your remark "before I give negative feedback" meaning, you plan on doing so. Is there any personal responsibility for anything anymore?

I sold an Hermes dress shirt for $75 on ebay. I received neutral feedback from the buyer because the shirt arrived wrinkled! A cotton (and machine washable) shirt had the audacity to arrived wrinkled. In 12 years of ebaying that's my only neutral/negative feedback and it still chaps my ass.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing