or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing - Page 427

post #6391 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post

Anyone seen any wicked overcoats in 40/42L? Need to kop one for winter workwear (first winter with a real job happy.gif ), and my birthday is comin' up so I need to send off some gift suggestions to my family. Like some of the stuff on eHaberdasher but nothing has really jumped out at me, & am a novice at surfing the ebay.

We need more information. What colour do you want? Will you be wearing a suit under it? How cold is it where you live?
Double breasted, or single?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #6392 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

We need more information. What colour do you want? Will you be wearing a suit under it? How cold is it where you live?
Double breasted, or single?

Yes, I will be wearing a suit under it. Colour: thinking camel, mid grey, charcoal, navy, or somewhere in between.

Climate is: Toronto winters sometimes feature short cold snaps where maximum temperatures remain below −10 °C (14 °F), often made to feel colder by wind chill. Snowstorms, sometimes mixed with ice and rain can disrupt work and travel schedules, accumulating snow can fall any time from November until mid-April. However, mild stretches with temperatures in the 5 to 12 °C (41 to 54 °F) range and infrequently higher also occur in most winters melting accumulated snow.

It gets really really cold at some points, but I never spend an extended period of time outside while travelling to work, so a coat that can handle most North Eastern winters will be fine.

Ideally double, but I like a lot of singles. Sorry if I'm being too general.

What do you wear to work in the winter in Omaha?
Cheers
post #6393 of 6711
Well I actually have around five different overcoats. DB camel coloured PRL, it is my longest and warmest coat. My current favorite is a canali SB dark gray plaid coat, it only goes to mid thigh though. Perfect for most of the winter here IMO

I also have a more casual navy blue coat, and a loro piana storm system coat in mid to light gray.

I would recommend a LP storm system coat since you mentioned you will be in some sleet/rain. Charcoal is probably the most versatile, but I like navy for something different. Camel stands out IMO, so you may like that most.
post #6394 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Well I actually have around five different overcoats. DB camel coloured PRL, it is my longest and warmest coat. My current favorite is a canali SB dark gray plaid coat, it only goes to mid thigh though. Perfect for most of the winter here IMO
I also have a more casual navy blue coat, and a loro piana storm system coat in mid to light gray.
I would recommend a LP storm system coat since you mentioned you will be in some sleet/rain. Charcoal is probably the most versatile, but I like navy for something different. Camel stands out IMO, so you may like that most.

Thanks for the in depth response. I will definitely be growing my collection to hopefully something similar to yours (though i can't imagine where i'd fit them all - i'm already so low on closet space). Where do you hunt for your overcoats? Time is on my side so I can sit on the sidelines and wait for another exceptional sale to be posted on the PSA thread.
It's slowly getting colder but the current fall Club Monaco coat I have is holding me over. I also have a much less formal APC navy coat that really should be worn with jeans and not trousers.
post #6395 of 6711
ebay, a local friend, and .......mens wearhouse peepwall[1].gif

I got the MW one free, my brother needed an overcoat, I offered to go with. They were having a B1G1 free sale so.... All in all it's not a bad coat.

The PRL I snagged on eBay for $100, it's even PRL made in Italy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last year some seller had a ton of "metropolitan view" loro piana storm system coats, I snagged mine for $150 ish.

It's kind of bad timing to look for one, as the colder it gets the higher the prices go on eBay laugh.gif

But there are some deals to be had. The safest route is to check by brand/measurements. I'd search for loro piana storm system.
post #6396 of 6711
Just scoured ebay for fifteen minutes and already tired... so much more junk to sift through than B&S
post #6397 of 6711
Search for loro piana storm. I saw several in 40/42
post #6398 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Search for loro piana storm. I saw several in 40/42

protip - instead of "storm" try storm*". The asterisk on the end searches anything with that partial term in it. IE if someone listed as stormsystem, you would not see it in your search, but you would in mine.

Try that with some other stuff too that might be spelled wrong at the end...sometimes you catch a good one. smile.gif
post #6399 of 6711

hey maybe this deserves in the shoe p0rn thread but do you guys think this scratch on these AE shoes will be a problem/unfixable?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-CORPORATE-CASUALS-CAP-TOE-OXFORDS-MENS-SIZE-11E-/200665201157?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2eb893fa05#ht_500wt_715

 

-sam

post #6400 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

protip - instead of "storm" try storm*". The asterisk on the end searches anything with that partial term in it. IE if someone listed as stormsystem, you would not see it in your search, but you would in mine.
Try that with some other stuff too that might be spelled wrong at the end...sometimes you catch a good one. smile.gif

Wow, did not know this. Very cool smile.gif
post #6401 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Wow, did not know this. Very cool smile.gif

I use it often for exotics - Croc*, Allig* snake*.
post #6402 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I use it often for exotics - Croc*, Allig* snake*.

What's the function that searches for misspelled brands?
post #6403 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post


What's the function that searches for misspelled brands?

a creative mind.

boreli
borelly
borrelly
versache
versacy
(or just versa*)


etc
post #6404 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

What's the function that searches for misspelled brands?

http://www.goofbay.com/
post #6405 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by adagio View Post

http://www.goofbay.com/

well thats going to save me some time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing