or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing - Page 419

post #6271 of 6719
Stunning CB vintage tweed jacket
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dated-1955...#ht_889wt_1139

Possible Burberrys for Harrods trench, good BIN
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Harrod...#ht_858wt_1139

Perhaps more AskAndy - BNWT Harrods detachable collars
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARRODS-BOXED-...#ht_500wt_1156

Invertere 1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VTG-INVERTERE-...:B:SHOP:GB:101

Invertere 2
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STUNNING-INVER...t_11324wt_1139

Nice Purdey tweed jacket
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PURDEY-ELEGANT...#ht_6157wt_905
post #6272 of 6719
Reasonable buy it now prices ($349.99) for RL Blue Label suits in grey and grey pinstripe -- sizes 42S, 42R and 50L, and free shipping to boot.

http://shop.ebay.com/polosoho/m.html....c0.m270.l1313
post #6273 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Maybe that was a little high, but yeah, its up there. Its a sliding scale up the dollar ladder. I just sold something for $355, and the FVF was $32, listing fee was $3, PP fee was like $18.

Damn, so many kinda fees huh? What is an FVF fee? Since you sell so many stuffs on ebay, does ebay give you kinda like a cheaper deal where you can post moar pictures but pay less fees than regular sellers?
post #6274 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlau View Post
Damn, so many kinda fees huh? What is an FVF fee? Since you sell so many stuffs on ebay, does ebay give you kinda like a cheaper deal where you can post moar pictures but pay less fees than regular sellers?
final value fee
post #6275 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by 518aata View Post
Reasonable buy it now prices ($349.99) for RL Blue Label suits in grey and grey pinstripe -- sizes 42S, 42R and 50L, and free shipping to boot. http://shop.ebay.com/polosoho/m.html....c0.m270.l1313
nice find
post #6276 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlau View Post
Damn, so many kinda fees huh? What is an FVF fee? Since you sell so many stuffs on ebay, does ebay give you kinda like a cheaper deal where you can post moar pictures but pay less fees than regular sellers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
final value fee

Yep, final value fee. If a seller is a top rated seller, you can receive discounts up to 20% off of the fees, but their structure for that is set up to be pretty hard to maintain 12 months a year.
post #6277 of 6719
I see. Yeah I only use eBay as a buyer. Selling items on it seems too dodgy for me, and has chances of ridiculous disputes from unreasonable buyers :/
post #6278 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Yep, final value fee. If a seller is a top rated seller, you can receive discounts up to 20% off of the fees, but their structure for that is set up to be pretty hard to maintain 12 months a year.

I lost my top rated seller status for one month and my total page views went from 600-800 per day to 5-25 per day. I got it back and jumped to 800 within two days.

Fixed price listings are nearly worthless if you are not top rated.
post #6279 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
I lost my top rated seller status for one month and my total page views went from 600-800 per day to 5-25 per day. I got it back and jumped to 800 within two days.

Fixed price listings are nearly worthless if you are not top rated.

Why was that? Does the search algorithm prefer 'top rated' or do buyers put that much of a preference for top ratings?
post #6280 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Wealth and Taste View Post
Why was that? Does the search algorithm prefer 'top rated' or do buyers put that much of a preference for top ratings?

When someone searches by best match it favors top rated sellers. I never knew it was such a big deal until my recent experience.
post #6281 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
When someone searches by best match it favors top rated sellers. I never knew it was such a big deal until my recent experience.

Is there also a difference in display between auctions and fixed price?
post #6282 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
When someone searches by best match it favors top rated sellers. I never knew it was such a big deal until my recent experience.

FWIW, I never, ever use best match. Always by time, recent first.
post #6283 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
FWIW, I never, ever use best match. Always by time, recent first.

+1, except I sort by "highest first"...

Anyone who uses ebay's "best match" is an idiot -- how would ebay know what the best match for me is? by putting the sellers that they think are the best, first?
post #6284 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
FWIW, I never, ever use best match. Always by time, recent first.
+1 esp to take advantage of those too low bins where the seller doesnt know or care the value
post #6285 of 6719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post
Is there also a difference in display between auctions and fixed price?

Top Rated sellers get better results, auction or fixed. However, other items come into play - i.e. your individual click through rates, time to item end, shipping costs, and some other more oblique criteria - that make auctions much more visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whusurdadi View Post
+1, except I sort by "highest first"...

Anyone who uses ebay's "best match" is an idiot -- how would ebay know what the best match for me is? by putting the sellers that they think are the best, first?

The point is that the "best match" search comes up as the default, which has a huge impact on click-through rates - and casual, impulsive shopping.

Savvy SF members may know how and where to find the deals, but to sell on eBay you need that big Worth Ave corner shop or an enormous inventory for cross-selling. Hence the importance of "Best Match," and eBay's DSR system.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing