or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

post #1 of 6711
Thread Starter 
Since people wanted the shoe thread to only be about shoes, I figured I would start this off with a nice Oxxford navy blazer with a current bid at $79.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-navy-Oxxfo...QQcmdZViewItem

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 6711
This could be a good deal on an overcoat. A Crombie 36/38:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

And I like this Kiton, but yeesh, expensive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This could end up going for a song. No idea on the maker interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rodes-3btn-Pure-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #3 of 6711
Ton of Kiton in 38-40 (maybe other sizes?) just showed up on eBay, though I haven't looked at any of it too closely.
post #4 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
This could end up going for a song. No idea on the maker interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rodes-3btn-Pure-...QQcmdZViewItem

FWIW, Rodes is a higher end men's clothing store in Louisville that is on Esquire's 'Top 30' list of men's stores. It's probably pretty well made.
post #5 of 6711
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
This could end up going for a song. No idea on the maker interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rodes-3btn-Pure-...QQcmdZViewItem

seems kinda cool, i'll bite.
post #6 of 6711
Well, since most of the 38R eBayers are here, what do you think of this Isaia (Gianluca line) suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have seen the regular line suits before and they are very nice but never the Gianluca line. Are they fused?

I am not crazy about this nitro seller as he sells what are apparently fake Zegna shirts (and the layout of his auctions drives me nuts). The rest of his stuff seems authentic and he has some very nice Isaia cashmere scarfs (I like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true)
post #7 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Well, since most of the 38R eBayers are here, what do you think of this Isaia (Gianluca line) suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have seen the regular line suits before and they are very nice but never the Gianluca line. Are they fused?

I am not crazy about this nitro seller as he sells what are apparently fake Zegna shirts (and the layout of his auctions drives me nuts). The rest of his stuff seems authentic and he has some very nice Isaia cashmere scarfs (I like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true)

I bought a scarf from him last week, I'll let you know how it is when I get it.
post #8 of 6711
Thread Starter 
There were some threads about the Gianluca line before, I think it's a diffusion line, but I believe it's still canvassed, not completely sure though.
post #9 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I am not crazy about this nitro seller as he sells what are apparently fake Zegna shirts (and the layout of his auctions drives me nuts). The rest of his stuff seems authentic and he has some very nice Isaia cashmere scarfs (I like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true)


I have picked up an Isaia sports coat from Nitro. Good price, authentic, delivery timely. Awful lay-out. If he had something in which I were interested, would do again.
post #10 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Well, since most of the 38R eBayers are here, what do you think of this Isaia (Gianluca line) suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

If it's actually from Paul Stuart (he doesn't post a picture of the label, and I'll be damned if I read through his absurd listing), it's not the Gianluca line. Isaia, according to Aportnoy, makes the Stuart's Choice line suits. Would be top quality, full canvas. For the price, a steal.

The Gianluca line is fine, but the fusing I've seen is a little thick. Varies by garment, it seems. Not always worth the price it commands, in my opinion.
post #11 of 6711
It's got a lovely lapel roll, though I find the price a bit high for olive. Olive doesn't fare too well on eBay, in my experience.
post #12 of 6711
Thread Starter 
Yeah, not sure about the versatility of olive, but hey, if you like it...
post #13 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
The Gianluca line is fine, but the fusing I've seen is a little thick. Varies by garment, it seems. Not always worth the price it commands, in my opinion.

Interesting. The Gianluca suits I've seen (mostly at Barney's and Barney's Wh. Sale) had very light fusing actually.
post #14 of 6711
Beautiful Kiton DB tuxedo, 40L. Inseam is too short for me. It's used and has functional sleeve buttons, so caveat emptor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/very-nice-Kiton-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #15 of 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
Interesting. The Gianluca suits I've seen (mostly at Barney's and Barney's Wh. Sale) had very light fusing actually.

I've only looked at the sportcoats I think, with medium to thick fabric, so that could certainly be it.

By the way, I'm glad to see this thread going. I hope it keeps up, if only because it highlights interesting stuff I might not otherwise look at.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing