or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › romantic restaurants
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

romantic restaurants - Page 2

post #16 of 26
"Pay your age" prix fixe at Park Avenue Cafe. Make sure your rez is after 8:30 pm.
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
"Pay your age" prix fixe at Park Avenue Cafe. Make sure your rez is after 8:30 pm.

A good friend threw us an engagement dinner @ the chef's table down in the kitchen here - awsome dining experience, if you really want to 'wow' someone
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
UPDATE...

A year has past, and after many fine meals later for $150+-
I can honestly say that elitism in this forum is ludicrous.

Without wine (i'm under 21 and have no intere$t in wine) I could eat
In most restaurants like the grammercy tavern and peter luger.
Unless you guys don't consider any meal not serve in Per Se adequate,
I can't see how people can seriously say options were limited.
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
UPDATE...

A year has past, and after many fine meals later for $150+-
I can honestly say that elitism in this forum is ludicrous.

Without wine (i'm under 21 and have no intere$t in wine) I could eat
In most restaurants like the grammercy tavern and peter luger.
Unless you guys don't consider any meal not serve in Per Se adequate,
I can't see how people can seriously say options were limited.

A "nice" restaurant to a college student and a "nice" restaurant to someone who owns the Michelin Guide/follows upscale dining are two very different things.

At most 1 Stars you are looking at $75-$90 per person for just food on the PF so at the "low end" of fine dining you are spending $150 + tax + tip. Of course you can go to many other places w/o a star like Le Cirque or Four Seasons Restaurant and spend that much or more on just food.

Also, what does being under 21 have to do with no interest in wine? That day you turn 21 I don't think some taste buds on your tongue form.
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
A "nice" restaurant to a college student and a "nice" restaurant to someone who owns the Michelin Guide/follows upscale dining are two very different things. At most 1 Stars you are looking at $75-$90 per person for just food on the PF so at the "low end" of fine dining you are spending $150 + tax + tip. Of course you can go to many other places w/o a star like Le Cirque or Four Seasons Restaurant and spend that much or more on just food.
This is just silly. You can eat at 3 and 4 star establishments for under $100 for 2, sanz vino.
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
A "nice" restaurant to a college student and a "nice" restaurant to someone who owns the Michelin Guide/follows upscale dining are two very different things.

At most 1 Stars you are looking at $75-$90 per person for just food on the PF so at the "low end" of fine dining you are spending $150 + tax + tip. Of course you can go to many other places w/o a star like Le Cirque or Four Seasons Restaurant and spend that much or more on just food.

Also, what does being under 21 have to do with no interest in wine? That day you turn 21 I don't think some taste buds on your tongue form.

So only college students like steakhouse's like peter luger, striphouse or sparks. Only college students like places like blue hill? Which like the grammercy tavern received a star? Your point is simply false, fine dining doesn't only happen in the 3 restaurants that received 3 stars. If you go to food forum, people reccomend all types of restaurants and even michelin has a value category. But at the same time we can't forget that in realistic terms $150 is NOT a value. Maybe in styleforum land but not in the real world, which frankly some of you seem out of touch with. Also, michelin has been said to have a french bias so many good restaurants are left out.

I don't deal with wine because i can't miss what i don't know. I'll rather start taking it up after i have my career. i don't wan't to build an interest in something that will take so much away from my other interests. Hence why i said "intere$t" in wine and not "interest".
By the way I drink alcohol, and people sell it to me because they assume I'm twenty one. But a beer at a club or bottle of grey goose every now and then is a whole different world then nice bottle of wine everytime i eat.
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
This is just silly. You can eat at 3 and 4 star establishments for under $100 for 2, sanz vino.

I'm talking about Michelin Stars.
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
So only college students like steakhouse's like peter luger, striphouse or sparks. Only college students like places like blue hill? Which like the grammercy tavern received a star? Your point is simply false, fine dining doesn't only happen in the 3 restaurants that received 3 stars. If you go to food forum, people reccomend all types of restaurants and even michelin has a value category. But at the same time we can't forget that in realistic terms $150 is NOT a value. Maybe in styleforum land but not in the real world, which frankly some of you seem out of touch with. Also, michelin has been said to have a french bias so many good restaurants are left out.

I don't deal with wine because i can't miss what i don't know. I'll rather start taking it up after i have my career. i don't wan't to build an interest in something that will take so much away from my other interests. Hence why i said "intere$t" in wine and not "interest".
By the way I drink alcohol, and people sell it to me because they assume I'm twenty one. But a beer at a club or bottle of grey goose every now and then is a whole different world then nice bottle of wine everytime i eat.

I'm sorry; but, I don't get your point.

A year ago you were talking about how you were a college student and didn't want to spend over $150 on a romantic dinner.

A year later your come back talking about how many $150+ dinners you have had and then go on to talk about the elitism of this board?

I was just using the Michelin Star scenario as a reference since it is usually understood the level of dining that it involves even if a person isn't familar with the restaurant.
post #24 of 26
The corkage fee at the Olive Garden is very reasonable.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post
The corkage fee at the Olive Garden is very reasonable.

You can bring a Barolo to help the flavors in their wonderful soup, salad and breadsticks.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
You can bring a Barolo to help the flavors in their wonderful soup, salad and breadsticks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › romantic restaurants