• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Strands $265 Good Deal?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase another pair of brown dress shoes that can also be dressed down with jeans. Walnut - AE Strands look great with jeans and even better with a Navy suit. A local shoe store sells them for $265.00 and I have a few coupons which can bring the price down to possibly $250 if they are to accept them all. The $265.00 is already about 10% off the regular price. The only place I've been able to find AE shoes in the area is Nordstrom's and their next sale is not for a few months.

Is this a good price, or do I hold out?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

sephlod

Reaction score
Really depends on how bad you "need" them. The price is fine, but you can usually find deals for a bit cheaper if you hold out. If your not in a rush, you could probably find them on the B&S here if you waited a few months for 1/2 the price.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seem as though Walnut AE Strands in size 11 have been available for quit some tim in the BS section. Anyone know how much these were running for at Nordstroms winter sale?

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
It doesn't seem as though Walnut AE Strands in size 11 have been available for quit some tim in the BS section. Anyone know how much these were running for at Nordstroms winter sale?

They were not marked down during Nordstroms Winter sale. Rarely are at Nordstroms. Staples like the Strand, Park Ave And 5th Ave usually are not.

Holding out when the Strands are on sale (anywhere) and buying em. They are beautiful.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
They were not marked down during Nordstroms Winter sale. Rarely are at Nordstroms. Staples like the Strand, Park Ave And 5th Ave usually are not.

Holding out when the Strands are on sale (anywhere) and buying em. They are beautiful.

How much have you seen them go down? And if so where? Not many stores carry them in my area.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly I saw them for I believe $219 here on B&S for size 11 D I believe. I completely missed the sale and am kicking myself for not jumping on em when first saw em.

Not sure where you can get em cheaper right now. If you need em this second, that's not a bad price. But if you can wait a few months, might get them cheaper. And Nordstroms will always price match competitors, even reputable online merchants.

dep126

Reaction score
Not sure if you are interested in seconds but I got a pair of walnut strands a couple weeks ago for $179. Didn't even have to pay for shipping. I still can't figure out why they are seconds. Call the Port Washington, WI factory store and ask for Jason. He was extremely helpful.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So just to clarify, (since I am new to this whole thing) seconds are like refurbs? Also, if Nordstroms matches the price will they do like 110% price match, meaning match the price and then beat it?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So just to clarify, (since I am new to this whole thing) 2nds are like refurbs?

....are items with minor blemishes, not refurbs...I've been very satisfied with my seconds'....

contact AE shoebank @ Retail Brookfield <[email protected] ....send them your size and they will provide you a list of seconds and discontinued items...just search for the style to see how it look.

I think Strands in Walnut sells for $250 but if u wait until Feb 10, additional 20% off

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)
....are items with minor blemishes, not refurbs...I've been very satisfied with my seconds'....

contact AE shoebank @ Retail Brookfield <[email protected] ....send them your size and they will provide you a list of seconds and discontinued items...just search for the style to see how it look.

I think Strands in Walnut sells for $250 but if u wait until Feb 10, additional 20% off

Thanks! $200 would be an awesome deal! I wonder if they have these bad-boys available in size 11 walnut. I would love these. They would rock with my navy suit.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! $200 would be an awesome deal! I wonder if they have these bad-boys available in size 11 walnut. I would love these. They would rock with my navy suit.

+100000 with Navy Suit. That is the sole reason I would get em in the Walnut. Definitely would pop with a solid Navy suit.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
+100000 with Navy Suit. That is the sole reason I would get em in the Walnut. Definitely would pop with a solid Navy suit.

Even better w/navy 3-piece suit! The other "brown" shoes I have are J&M's and are closer to the AE Brown, meaning they are a little darker than the walnut and remind me of more of a burgandy. I cannot wait until I get these guys, they will be epic. I just want to find a good price. So I will wait until I hear back from AE and see if they have them available. If not, you were the one who said Nordstroms price matches. Do they do like a 110%

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads