Nice. When I saw that you were after a budget prince the Lips were the first thing that came to mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 66post #977 of 57409/13/11 at 5:44pmQuote:
alright, one more try on the rectangle watch thing. I found a few vintage ones browsing the net todaypost #978 of 57409/13/11 at 7:52pmnice thread guys
I laughed a lot since I was reading the other post about watches you know the expensive ones and found this other thread
well these are my 3 watches I did take pictures since my cell phone camera sucks but I tried to find the more real pictures
Citizen BM6560-54H Eco-Drive
my 3 babies
I previously had a Victorinox nice watch my grandma gave it to me I loved it but I broke tre crystalpost #979 of 57409/13/11 at 7:57pmpost #980 of 57409/14/11 at 6:20amQuote:
Really dig the Tavannes. That thing in a silver or white gold case... a winner.
Looked at some of their current stuff, closest they had was this case:
Pretty slick, but still... that vintage one is a keeper. They should do a repro.post #981 of 57409/14/11 at 1:34pmpost #982 of 57409/14/11 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrisjr
Orient Mako, Parnis, or Sea-Gull? Uses: work, social outings, everyday beater. Heck, at sub-100 prices I'm fine buying 2 or 3 and saving on the shipping. Leaning towards leather because metal has always bothered the hairs on my arms, though not opposed to giving it a shot.
Big fan of Seagull for the price. I have a limited 1963 Chronograph hand-wound on a NATO band. I say get a nice Seagull handwound!post #983 of 57409/14/11 at 4:35pmpost #984 of 57409/14/11 at 5:26pm
Got this Timex at Target around 4 years ago for about $85. The face is some sort of dark charcoal color, which seems to compliment everything/pick up ambient color quite handsomely. I work in a service industry job (gee, wonder why I checked out the Po' Folk Watch Thread?) & this thing has taken an absolute thrashing on a daily basis.
I offer it as another example of a quality watch that can be had for cheap, while still looking great casually & (in a pinch) more dressed up. I get compliments on it all the time.
Anyway, I really appreciate this thread as I'm in the market for a slightly dressier watch, but still on a budget. What a great sampling of options!post #985 of 57409/15/11 at 2:26amQuote:Originally Posted by cioni2k
Here's my review of the DW watch. Got mine, and finally go ta chance to try it out. I'm a fan, but I'm not blown away. I'm no watch snob by any means but I like to think I know a thing or two about quality and have an appreciation for watches. Anyways, the watch ships fast (3-4 business days from Sweden) and they have very good contact through email. Comes packaged in very very minimal packaging (small white box with foam padding and a tiny instructions printout). Not to be considered a con in any way, what would you expect for that price.
The watch is definitely a quartz, although there is no moving second hand, so that tends to be not as noticeable. I can't comment on how accurate it keeps time, and frankly I'm not interested at this price range. The quality is pretty good, no cheap sounding rattles. The watch is super light and very thin, but wears surprisingly well on a small wrist since there's not much border on the dial. My one pet peeve is that the NATO bands have silver hardware/metal loops, while the watch itself is rose gold, which.. again, can't really be considered much of a flaw of the watch as that's pretty run-of-the-mill NATO and to be expected. Are there any NATO bands w/ gold or rose gold loops/hardware?
All in all I'd say its a welcome addition to my quickly growing sub-$1000 watch collection. For the money, it looks nice and seems to perform well.
Lastly, I'm looking to throw this on a thin dark brown leather band somewhere in the range of $50-$100. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking Ostrich, but I need a SHORT length and that really narrows down my options. I would do alligator, but I don't want to spend more than the watch is worth. If someone could point me in the right direction (much like that Skagen previously posted ) that would be great.
If anyone has any questions about the watch, please ask
Thanks for the review. I ordered mine last Friday and could only be shipped today. So let's hope it arrives fast cos I've been waiting for close to a week now from the supposedly fast shipping. And I also got a free tracking number although I have no idea how to use it as the site is in Swedish and Google Translate does a horrible job. Making sentences that makes no sense.post #986 of 57409/15/11 at 1:30pmpost #987 of 57409/16/11 at 3:29pmQuote:
Navy blue nato w/ brushed hardware (courtesy of ebay) arrived today. I think it looks great on this little guy. Maybe i'll take some better pics when work stops sucking.
justinsmnz, does yours have a brownish gray dial or black? mine seems more brownish gray in person but seems to show up as black in all photos.Quote:Originally Posted by boogaboogabooga
Took your advice as it was good. Got this suggestion.
Only 200 smackers. Pretty slick, huh? Well, minus the shipping. Good thing watches are relatively light. Shipping from France can't be cheap.
Anyone know if this guy is automatic or quartz?post #988 of 57409/16/11 at 5:04pmpost #989 of 57409/16/11 at 8:27pmpost #990 of 57409/17/11 at 8:17am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › $635 NEW IN BOX Crockett & Jones Malton - UK 9 E / US 10 D 1 minute ago
- › Business casual quality clothes that I can ship to central europe 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet LA Wilshire Jeans 14oz. Size 34 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › $635 NEW IN BOX Crockett And Jones Radstock - UK 8 G / US 9 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › $635 NEW IN BOX Crockett & Jones Connaught, Black Calf, UK 8 E / US... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding