Nice. When I saw that you were after a budget prince the Lips were the first thing that came to mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Iolom chained ring set Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:07am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 66
Styleforum Top Pickspost #977 of 50799/13/11 at 5:44pmQuote:
alright, one more try on the rectangle watch thing. I found a few vintage ones browsing the net todaypost #978 of 50799/13/11 at 7:52pmnice thread guys
I laughed a lot since I was reading the other post about watches you know the expensive ones and found this other thread
well these are my 3 watches I did take pictures since my cell phone camera sucks but I tried to find the more real pictures
Citizen BM6560-54H Eco-Drive
my 3 babies
I previously had a Victorinox nice watch my grandma gave it to me I loved it but I broke tre crystalpost #979 of 50799/13/11 at 7:57pmpost #980 of 50799/14/11 at 6:20amQuote:
Really dig the Tavannes. That thing in a silver or white gold case... a winner.
Looked at some of their current stuff, closest they had was this case:
Pretty slick, but still... that vintage one is a keeper. They should do a repro.post #981 of 50799/14/11 at 1:34pmpost #982 of 50799/14/11 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrisjr
Orient Mako, Parnis, or Sea-Gull? Uses: work, social outings, everyday beater. Heck, at sub-100 prices I'm fine buying 2 or 3 and saving on the shipping. Leaning towards leather because metal has always bothered the hairs on my arms, though not opposed to giving it a shot.
Big fan of Seagull for the price. I have a limited 1963 Chronograph hand-wound on a NATO band. I say get a nice Seagull handwound!post #983 of 50799/14/11 at 4:35pmpost #984 of 50799/14/11 at 5:26pm
Got this Timex at Target around 4 years ago for about $85. The face is some sort of dark charcoal color, which seems to compliment everything/pick up ambient color quite handsomely. I work in a service industry job (gee, wonder why I checked out the Po' Folk Watch Thread?) & this thing has taken an absolute thrashing on a daily basis.
I offer it as another example of a quality watch that can be had for cheap, while still looking great casually & (in a pinch) more dressed up. I get compliments on it all the time.
Anyway, I really appreciate this thread as I'm in the market for a slightly dressier watch, but still on a budget. What a great sampling of options!post #985 of 50799/15/11 at 2:26amQuote:Originally Posted by cioni2k
Here's my review of the DW watch. Got mine, and finally go ta chance to try it out. I'm a fan, but I'm not blown away. I'm no watch snob by any means but I like to think I know a thing or two about quality and have an appreciation for watches. Anyways, the watch ships fast (3-4 business days from Sweden) and they have very good contact through email. Comes packaged in very very minimal packaging (small white box with foam padding and a tiny instructions printout). Not to be considered a con in any way, what would you expect for that price.
The watch is definitely a quartz, although there is no moving second hand, so that tends to be not as noticeable. I can't comment on how accurate it keeps time, and frankly I'm not interested at this price range. The quality is pretty good, no cheap sounding rattles. The watch is super light and very thin, but wears surprisingly well on a small wrist since there's not much border on the dial. My one pet peeve is that the NATO bands have silver hardware/metal loops, while the watch itself is rose gold, which.. again, can't really be considered much of a flaw of the watch as that's pretty run-of-the-mill NATO and to be expected. Are there any NATO bands w/ gold or rose gold loops/hardware?
All in all I'd say its a welcome addition to my quickly growing sub-$1000 watch collection. For the money, it looks nice and seems to perform well.
Lastly, I'm looking to throw this on a thin dark brown leather band somewhere in the range of $50-$100. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking Ostrich, but I need a SHORT length and that really narrows down my options. I would do alligator, but I don't want to spend more than the watch is worth. If someone could point me in the right direction (much like that Skagen previously posted ) that would be great.
If anyone has any questions about the watch, please ask
Thanks for the review. I ordered mine last Friday and could only be shipped today. So let's hope it arrives fast cos I've been waiting for close to a week now from the supposedly fast shipping. And I also got a free tracking number although I have no idea how to use it as the site is in Swedish and Google Translate does a horrible job. Making sentences that makes no sense.post #986 of 50799/15/11 at 1:30pmpost #987 of 50799/16/11 at 3:29pmQuote:
Navy blue nato w/ brushed hardware (courtesy of ebay) arrived today. I think it looks great on this little guy. Maybe i'll take some better pics when work stops sucking.
justinsmnz, does yours have a brownish gray dial or black? mine seems more brownish gray in person but seems to show up as black in all photos.Quote:Originally Posted by boogaboogabooga
Took your advice as it was good. Got this suggestion.
Only 200 smackers. Pretty slick, huh? Well, minus the shipping. Good thing watches are relatively light. Shipping from France can't be cheap.
Anyone know if this guy is automatic or quartz?post #988 of 50799/16/11 at 5:04pmpost #989 of 50799/16/11 at 8:27pm
- Poor man's watch thread
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 46 seconds ago
- › Heavy smartphones and suits/sports jackets 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 13 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 20 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories