Nice. When I saw that you were after a budget prince the Lips were the first thing that came to mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 66post #977 of 66669/13/11 at 5:44pmQuote:
alright, one more try on the rectangle watch thing. I found a few vintage ones browsing the net todaypost #978 of 66669/13/11 at 7:52pmnice thread guys
I laughed a lot since I was reading the other post about watches you know the expensive ones and found this other thread
well these are my 3 watches I did take pictures since my cell phone camera sucks but I tried to find the more real pictures
Citizen BM6560-54H Eco-Drive
my 3 babies
I previously had a Victorinox nice watch my grandma gave it to me I loved it but I broke tre crystalpost #979 of 66669/13/11 at 7:57pmpost #980 of 66669/14/11 at 6:20amQuote:
Really dig the Tavannes. That thing in a silver or white gold case... a winner.
Looked at some of their current stuff, closest they had was this case:
Pretty slick, but still... that vintage one is a keeper. They should do a repro.post #981 of 66669/14/11 at 1:34pmpost #982 of 66669/14/11 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrisjr
Orient Mako, Parnis, or Sea-Gull? Uses: work, social outings, everyday beater. Heck, at sub-100 prices I'm fine buying 2 or 3 and saving on the shipping. Leaning towards leather because metal has always bothered the hairs on my arms, though not opposed to giving it a shot.
Big fan of Seagull for the price. I have a limited 1963 Chronograph hand-wound on a NATO band. I say get a nice Seagull handwound!post #983 of 66669/14/11 at 4:35pmpost #984 of 66669/14/11 at 5:26pm
Got this Timex at Target around 4 years ago for about $85. The face is some sort of dark charcoal color, which seems to compliment everything/pick up ambient color quite handsomely. I work in a service industry job (gee, wonder why I checked out the Po' Folk Watch Thread?) & this thing has taken an absolute thrashing on a daily basis.
I offer it as another example of a quality watch that can be had for cheap, while still looking great casually & (in a pinch) more dressed up. I get compliments on it all the time.
Anyway, I really appreciate this thread as I'm in the market for a slightly dressier watch, but still on a budget. What a great sampling of options!post #985 of 66669/15/11 at 2:26amQuote:Originally Posted by cioni2k
Here's my review of the DW watch. Got mine, and finally go ta chance to try it out. I'm a fan, but I'm not blown away. I'm no watch snob by any means but I like to think I know a thing or two about quality and have an appreciation for watches. Anyways, the watch ships fast (3-4 business days from Sweden) and they have very good contact through email. Comes packaged in very very minimal packaging (small white box with foam padding and a tiny instructions printout). Not to be considered a con in any way, what would you expect for that price.
The watch is definitely a quartz, although there is no moving second hand, so that tends to be not as noticeable. I can't comment on how accurate it keeps time, and frankly I'm not interested at this price range. The quality is pretty good, no cheap sounding rattles. The watch is super light and very thin, but wears surprisingly well on a small wrist since there's not much border on the dial. My one pet peeve is that the NATO bands have silver hardware/metal loops, while the watch itself is rose gold, which.. again, can't really be considered much of a flaw of the watch as that's pretty run-of-the-mill NATO and to be expected. Are there any NATO bands w/ gold or rose gold loops/hardware?
All in all I'd say its a welcome addition to my quickly growing sub-$1000 watch collection. For the money, it looks nice and seems to perform well.
Lastly, I'm looking to throw this on a thin dark brown leather band somewhere in the range of $50-$100. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking Ostrich, but I need a SHORT length and that really narrows down my options. I would do alligator, but I don't want to spend more than the watch is worth. If someone could point me in the right direction (much like that Skagen previously posted ) that would be great.
If anyone has any questions about the watch, please ask
Thanks for the review. I ordered mine last Friday and could only be shipped today. So let's hope it arrives fast cos I've been waiting for close to a week now from the supposedly fast shipping. And I also got a free tracking number although I have no idea how to use it as the site is in Swedish and Google Translate does a horrible job. Making sentences that makes no sense.post #986 of 66669/15/11 at 1:30pmpost #987 of 66669/16/11 at 3:29pmQuote:
Navy blue nato w/ brushed hardware (courtesy of ebay) arrived today. I think it looks great on this little guy. Maybe i'll take some better pics when work stops sucking.
justinsmnz, does yours have a brownish gray dial or black? mine seems more brownish gray in person but seems to show up as black in all photos.Quote:Originally Posted by boogaboogabooga
Took your advice as it was good. Got this suggestion.
Only 200 smackers. Pretty slick, huh? Well, minus the shipping. Good thing watches are relatively light. Shipping from France can't be cheap.
Anyone know if this guy is automatic or quartz?post #988 of 66669/16/11 at 5:04pmpost #989 of 66669/16/11 at 8:27pmpost #990 of 66669/17/11 at 8:17am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Recommended UK tailors for bespoke or made to measure 3 piece suit... 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...