Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 371post #5551 of 65224/13/16 at 12:33ampost #5552 of 65224/13/16 at 4:47amQuote:Watchuseek affordables forum has a thread about interesting and cheap AliExpress finds. There is a bit of a fixation on G-Shock rip offs and folks tend to be forgiving of things like fake chrono buttons but there are some neat ultra-affordables with good specs as well.
Like everywhere else in the world, there seems to be a lot of start-up brands coming from Asia right now. Some are fashion get them out the door quickly models whereas others, like Tissell and Jiusko, seem to be interested in building a reputation.post #5553 of 65224/13/16 at 8:58ampost #5554 of 65224/13/16 at 4:19pmpost #5555 of 65224/13/16 at 5:54pmpost #5556 of 65224/16/16 at 12:22pmpost #5557 of 65224/16/16 at 6:05pmpost #5558 of 65224/17/16 at 5:49amQuote:
Gotta love it - it's definitely the most versatile and probably my favorite watch of my (small) arsenal. Look changes completely with different straps, I love it! :)post #5559 of 65224/17/16 at 10:12ampost #5560 of 65224/17/16 at 10:14ampost #5561 of 65224/17/16 at 10:19ampost #5562 of 65224/17/16 at 11:50ampost #5563 of 65224/17/16 at 12:15pmQuote:Quote:
Interesting. No, I haven't tried it on. I have the Seiko SSA005K1, which is a 44mm watch, and it look ridiculously huge on my wrists. I am about to put it up on B&S, I just hope it's not super hard to start selling / buying as a new user (never done trades / transactions anywhere before). But I digress, apologies.
I have 40mm watches which look fine, but I've never considered trying on a Seiko Monster - for that matter, I don't even know where I could. I admit that I prefer slightly dressier takes on watches, for instance the Halios Delfin (I would've had this already if it hadn't been 44mm, despite the higher price - I just love how it looks) and the Aevig Huldra Blue (I check the product website everyday to see if it's back in stock or not) are dive watches I like.
And the blue Huldra (I love Aevig):
That said, there is something about that complete steel construction of the monster that just makes me want to try it on, even though I probably won't really wear it with the kinds of outfits I usually wear.
Edited by Elessar - 4/17/16 at 11:34pmpost #5564 of 65224/18/16 at 7:20ampost #5565 of 65224/18/16 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by HanEyeAm
Have a great day. HkEd 1963 today for me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Is this the sapphire crystal version? It looks great! :D
I have been wanting one of the acrylic crystal variations for a long time, but something else always comes up so I run out of my buying funds. :(
This is the version that I want, for the Chinese characters and the red star on the face (I think this is Ed's version? I did my research so long ago I don't remember any more)
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 15 seconds ago
- › VASS Balmoral Boots, F Last, Black Calf, Size 44 EU, Shoe Trees,... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...