No problem. Here's some other good budget watches - Seiko SNK809, Casio G-Shock 5600/6900, Seiko Monster, Vostok Amphibia, Timex Weekender
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 352post #5266 of 65231/27/16 at 1:40ampost #5267 of 65231/27/16 at 6:44amQuote:
You have a very identical looking combo that I have. Is that a Hirsch strap by any chance?
They are pretty much identical but I don't feel that bad owning my Rodina because Nomos didn't invent the look. The Tangente itself is pretty much a direct copy of old German bauhaus watches. Stowa also make a near identical watch.
However the Rodina doesn't "feel" that good simply because it isn't original. I somehow feel a bigger connection with my SKX009.post #5268 of 65231/27/16 at 7:09ampost #5269 of 65231/27/16 at 10:44am
Is there a specific reason why Tudor gets praised over its design elements and not Steinhart? True, Tudor is like 3 times the price but it seems Steinhart constantly gets flagged for ripping off Rolex. Just curious.
EDIT: After a quick search on google and doing some minor research, I now understand the history and heritage of Tudor. Carry on...
Edited by patliean1 - 1/27/16 at 11:53ampost #5270 of 65231/27/16 at 11:47ampost #5271 of 65231/27/16 at 11:49ampost #5272 of 65231/27/16 at 11:50ampost #5273 of 65231/27/16 at 4:43pmpost #5274 of 65231/27/16 at 5:32pmpost #5275 of 65231/27/16 at 6:19pmQuote:You have a very identical looking combo that I have. Is that a Hirsch strap by any chance?
Not a Hirsch @Jarmo - just a cheap ebay alligator embossed strap with butterfly clasp - will see how long it lasts.....Quote:That looks great. Nice watch.
Here's the small collection at the moment - 2 PMW (Rodina and Sea-Gull) and 1 slightly non-PMW (vintage Rolex Oyster Precision - engagement present from my wife over a decade ago which is still going great). All pretty dressy so I think a chunky divers watch will be next on the list - I like Oli2012's suggestion of an Orient Mako...post #5276 of 65231/27/16 at 6:53pmQuote:is that the Seagull M199? Theor price has skyrocketed over the past few years and they're hard to find. Really great looking watch.Originally Posted by Charhan1
Not a Hirsch @Jarmo - just a cheap ebay alligator embossed strap with butterfly clasp - will see how long it lasts.....
Here's the small collection at the moment - 2 PMW (Rodina and Sea-Gull) and 1 slightly non-PMW (vintage Rolex Oyster Precision - engagement present from my wife over a decade ago which is still going great). All pretty dressy so I think a chunky divers watch will be next on the list - I like Oli2012's suggestion of an Orient Mako...post #5277 of 65231/27/16 at 7:27pm
Yes, its the M199S - really nice to wear and I love it - I know that good-stuffs.com currently stock it:post #5278 of 65231/28/16 at 8:21ampost #5279 of 65231/28/16 at 9:05ampost #5280 of 65231/28/16 at 9:16am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 second ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 41 seconds ago
- › Junkard Boots 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Ties! Drakes, Berg&Berg, Suitsupply, Ted Baker, Charles Tyrwhitt 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Brown Striped French Cuff Dress Shirt Size 15 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...