Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 342post #5117 of 683912/10/15 at 12:14ampost #5118 of 683912/10/15 at 5:57pm
White face isn't necessarily "flashy" but I think I know what you mean as "gets too much attention". I'm personally a big fan because they are easy to read and very clean looking. I wouldn't change it.
The leather band idea would make it less bulky. And that chestnut color band would make it a bit more casual. But also keep in mind the current metal bracelet is also considered casual and committing to a colored band limits your options for an outfit having a complete look. But all these things are just nuance. The watch is a big chunky masculine watch. I'd just wear it and maybe get a nice double layer (meaning fully lined) leather band for winter. Switch it back to the bracelet for summer.
Just my 2cents!post #5119 of 683912/10/15 at 11:29pm
One of the girls who works for me picked up a Daniel Wellington in the rose gold look with the brown leather strap. I have to say for the price that the watch looked great. If I were collecting "poor man's watches" that I would probably have one in my collection.
On a related note, Jomashop has many of them for over half off right now. You can get one along with a second leather strap for under $150 which is pretty crazy. Note I said leather strap though. I think they look awful on a Nato.post #5120 of 683912/11/15 at 4:50ampost #5121 of 683912/11/15 at 3:08pmpost #5122 of 683912/11/15 at 11:36pmMy girlfriend bought me a Daniel Wellington a while back. At first I didn't like it but I find myself wearing it all the time.
It's slim, simple and has a decent movement. The band is surprisingly nice for the price as well.
I wouldn't wear it over 30 as its a fashion watch but otherwise it's fine.post #5123 of 683912/12/15 at 6:52ampost #5124 of 683912/12/15 at 7:18ampost #5125 of 683912/12/15 at 3:57pmpost #5126 of 683912/12/15 at 9:52pmpost #5127 of 683912/12/15 at 11:22pmpost #5128 of 683912/12/15 at 11:42pmpost #5129 of 683912/13/15 at 2:24am
I was ogling these myself a while back; there are plenty under the $1k PMW threshold at Jomashop and the like. I'm not sure anyone ever sells them at their $4k+ official price, but for sure there are a lot to choose from in three figures - even the mechanical ones. For example, this under 800 bucks - and that's the larger size men's auto version, and not even the cheapest. Quartz and smaller/ladies sizes are cheaper still.
I really came close to hooking one of these myself but picked up a vintage piece (Glashuette Spezimatic Weldzeit) instead at the time. And then got fired. Once the court case is over and I get another job, I might still have this one on the list. It really is a feasible PMW, and strikes me as incredibly good value.post #5130 of 683912/13/15 at 8:42am
This one comes in at under $1000 and thanks for another temptation by the 'pernicious enabler"
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 23 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 31 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Washed jeans look like raw denim? 39 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 47 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 52 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...