7C43 FTW. Good luck finding one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 255post #3812 of 65137/13/14 at 11:04pmpost #3813 of 65137/13/14 at 11:35pmpost #3814 of 65137/13/14 at 11:39pmpost #3815 of 65137/13/14 at 11:53pmQuote:
I wouldn't buy a new strap for it
Knowing Stührling, i'd almost just buy a new watch for the same price you can get a good quality leather strap for. Although if your heart is content on this exact watch id say a nice navy blue leather strap (with or without the crocodile skin embossing) would look alright.. But buy the time you bought one of those you could almost just pick up a nice new Seiko 5 automatic which would be more worthwhile in my opinionpost #3816 of 65137/14/14 at 12:02amQuote:Originally Posted by MatthewG18
I wouldn't buy a new strap for it
Knowing Stührling, i'd almost just buy a new watch for the same price you can get a good quality leather strap for. Although if your heart is content on this exact watch id say a nice navy blue leather strap (with or without the crocodile skin embossing) would look alright.. But buy the time you bought one of those you could almost just pick up a nice new Seiko 5 automatic which would be more worthwhile in my opinion
I've noticed that people are very partial to Seiko 5 as a good choice for a cheap watch. I don't know why, from those I've seen, I think they're ugly. I'm not going to try to say that Stuhrling watches are great, but I've found them reliable, they last awhile in my experience, and I don't expect a basic, simple new band to come near the cost of a new watch. Navy blue would be nice though.post #3817 of 65137/15/14 at 4:49amPrice-wise, this belongs here:post #3818 of 65137/15/14 at 6:40ampost #3819 of 65137/15/14 at 7:31ampost #3820 of 65137/16/14 at 9:29amSo my 30th birthday is coming up and I'm looking to get a watch to commemorate the milestone. Specifically, I'm looking for something vintage, doesn't require a ton of servicing, and would easily be worn in dress and casual settings. I have a budget of around $700.
Could anyone help me see the plusses/minuses of buying vintage in the following brands?
post #3821 of 65137/16/14 at 12:15pmpost #3822 of 65137/16/14 at 3:17pmAgree with H there. Longines and Omega will be your most affordable options and both offer up to 38mm sizes if that's what you are looking for. I don't think there is a significant advantage of Omega or Tudor over Longines except collectibility, so you will pay more. I never really see vintage Cartiers and I don't think they will be in that price range.
- Omega Seamaster (this has been a first choice, but I'm considering other options)
- Cartier Tank
- Am I missing anything obvious?
- Gerard Perregauxpost #3823 of 65137/16/14 at 5:57pmFor some unknown reason, I've been sort of lusting after an orange sumo. I have no real need for a dive watch, the deepest I go is 16 feet off the diving board at our pool, yet for I'm really interested in acquiring an orange dive watch. Sumo's are pretty cheap, any reason why I shouldn't just grab one?
I'm not taking this on any technical dives so there's no real legitimate reason to fork over a lot of $$$. Anything else in the $500ish range I should consider instead?post #3824 of 65137/17/14 at 1:08pmpost #3825 of 65137/17/14 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
For some unknown reason, I've been sort of lusting after an orange sumo. I have no real need for a dive watch, the deepest I go is 16 feet off the diving board at our pool, yet for I'm really interested in acquiring an orange dive watch. Sumo's are pretty cheap, any reason why I shouldn't just grab one?
I'm not taking this on any technical dives so there's no real legitimate reason to fork over a lot of $$$. Anything else in the $500ish range I should consider instead?
I'd say check out the Helson Shark Diver (comes in 40mm, 42mm and 45mm), I've got a blue 40mm one and it's one hell of a watch.
I just got a new strap for my Nighthawk, and I'm thinking it goes quite well with the watch. It's very comfortable for how thick it is. I don't imagine I'll be switching back to the bracelet for a while.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 second ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 25 seconds ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 52 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Replacement? 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...