Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Poor man's watch thread - Page 253post #3781 of 61576/18/14 at 9:07ampost #3782 of 61576/18/14 at 7:14pmQuote:
Check Stuhrling and Akribos on ebaypost #3783 of 61576/20/14 at 3:17ampost #3784 of 61576/21/14 at 11:23ampost #3785 of 61576/25/14 at 10:29ampost #3786 of 61576/25/14 at 4:24pmpost #3787 of 61576/26/14 at 7:19ampost #3788 of 61576/28/14 at 9:02pmVintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:
I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.post #3789 of 61576/28/14 at 10:05pmpost #3790 of 61576/29/14 at 5:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by emptym
Vintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:
I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.
What do you use it for? I feel like it would be useful as a personal vibrating alarm, but distracting to others in public.Quote:
Good pick, its hard to find clean no date dress watches nowadays. How much was it? Post pics.post #3791 of 61576/29/14 at 7:34pmQuote:
i'll snap some after i get it.
traded a steinhart for it.post #3792 of 61576/29/14 at 7:46pmDG, I use the cricket to wake up when traveling. Well, really just as a backup to my internal clock. I tend to wake up w/o an alarm, but I set one just in case. This is particularly helpful when traveling when it's likely that my internal clock will be off and I'll be low on sleep--a good recipe for missing a flight or some other appt.
I don't use the bell much since the alarm's so weak, but it could be useful,as you say, as a reminder.post #3793 of 61577/5/14 at 9:43amSaw a photo of the MOTO 360 yesterday and for a smart watch, I kind of like it. It looks like a watch. It's going on sale in the UK in a month or so for $275.
The only reservation I have about smart watches is the same reservation I have about cell phones and laptops/tablets. They tend to become outdated every year or so whereas a watch tends be good for years or sometimes even generations. I'm curious but undecided.post #3794 of 61577/5/14 at 11:13am
I have a Seiko SP043k (Spork) I quite like a touch of red on an all black watch so had the second hand changed, I also preferred a Warchadoo bracelet to the rubber strap that came with it.. They have stopped making these watches which, IMHO is a shame.
This is how it came;
After changing the second hand;;
And finally with the bracelet;post #3795 of 61577/5/14 at 2:35pm
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › What to wear this with? 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 18 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 31 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 34 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 41 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 44 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 45 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...