Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Poor man's watch thread - Page 253post #3781 of 62286/18/14 at 9:07ampost #3782 of 62286/18/14 at 7:14pmQuote:
Check Stuhrling and Akribos on ebaypost #3783 of 62286/20/14 at 3:17ampost #3784 of 62286/21/14 at 11:23ampost #3785 of 62286/25/14 at 10:29ampost #3786 of 62286/25/14 at 4:24pmpost #3787 of 62286/26/14 at 7:19ampost #3788 of 62286/28/14 at 9:02pmVintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:
I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.post #3789 of 62286/28/14 at 10:05pmpost #3790 of 62286/29/14 at 5:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by emptym
Vintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:
I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.
What do you use it for? I feel like it would be useful as a personal vibrating alarm, but distracting to others in public.Quote:
Good pick, its hard to find clean no date dress watches nowadays. How much was it? Post pics.post #3791 of 62286/29/14 at 7:34pmQuote:
i'll snap some after i get it.
traded a steinhart for it.post #3792 of 62286/29/14 at 7:46pmDG, I use the cricket to wake up when traveling. Well, really just as a backup to my internal clock. I tend to wake up w/o an alarm, but I set one just in case. This is particularly helpful when traveling when it's likely that my internal clock will be off and I'll be low on sleep--a good recipe for missing a flight or some other appt.
I don't use the bell much since the alarm's so weak, but it could be useful,as you say, as a reminder.post #3793 of 62287/5/14 at 9:43amSaw a photo of the MOTO 360 yesterday and for a smart watch, I kind of like it. It looks like a watch. It's going on sale in the UK in a month or so for $275.
The only reservation I have about smart watches is the same reservation I have about cell phones and laptops/tablets. They tend to become outdated every year or so whereas a watch tends be good for years or sometimes even generations. I'm curious but undecided.post #3794 of 62287/5/14 at 11:13am
I have a Seiko SP043k (Spork) I quite like a touch of red on an all black watch so had the second hand changed, I also preferred a Warchadoo bracelet to the rubber strap that came with it.. They have stopped making these watches which, IMHO is a shame.
This is how it came;
After changing the second hand;;
And finally with the bracelet;post #3795 of 62287/5/14 at 2:35pm
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 35 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 49 seconds ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › dress shirt alterations, lowering the collar? 2 minutes ago
- › Varvatos Bowery Boot, What to Wear? 2 minutes ago
- › Leather shoes in the snow? Advice requested on shoes for snowy... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Barker Lambourn Cedar Grain Boots UK 8.5 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...