or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Poor man's watch thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor man's watch thread - Page 253

post #3781 of 3922
I don't think any are classy but here is used one I saw on line today.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fsot-sea-gull-skeleton-watch-1044374.html
post #3782 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by submatrix View Post
 


Damn, looks like Amazon won't ship their products to the US :( Several of their skeleton watches look really nice too. Anyone know of a brand available in the US that makes nice classy skeleton watches for...lets say...under $100-$150?

 

Check Stuhrling and Akribos on ebay

post #3783 of 3922

Never used to use Nato straps, but now that I've tried it, wearing it with a metal link just seems wrong somehow.

 

 

 

 

 

post #3784 of 3922
post #3785 of 3922
Decided to give a nato strap a try myself. It, and my Seiko diver, is growing on me.
post #3786 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwith View Post

piker post, but my newly acquired Laco. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
]

I like that a lot. Bought from Laco?
post #3787 of 3922
Thanks. bought from Amazon.
post #3788 of 3922
Vintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:



I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.
post #3789 of 3922

got a king seiko 45-7001 en route atm.

 

can't wait.  wanted something more formal than my dive watch for a while.  finally have something that fits the bill.  

post #3790 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Vintage Vulcain Cricket and Seiko Bell-Matic:

I've been really into mechanical alarms since I went to a conference in Miami and the power went out in a big storm. Remembered a Bellmatic my cousin had years ago and thought I'd look for one on eBay. It's a great watch, but the alarm is really quiet. Went searching for a loud alarm and heard the Vulcains were loud. This one certainly is. Scares people when it goes off, myself included when it goes off accidentally.

 

 

What do you use it for? I feel like it would be useful as a personal vibrating alarm, but distracting to others in public.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

got a king seiko 45-7001 en route atm.

 

can't wait.  wanted something more formal than my dive watch for a while.  finally have something that fits the bill.  

 

Good pick, its hard to find clean no date dress watches nowadays. How much was it? Post pics.

post #3791 of 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
 

 

 

What do you use it for? I feel like it would be useful as a personal vibrating alarm, but distracting to others in public.

 

 

 

Good pick, its hard to find clean no date dress watches nowadays. How much was it? Post pics.

i'll snap some after i get it.

 

traded a steinhart for it.  

post #3792 of 3922
DG, I use the cricket to wake up when traveling. Well, really just as a backup to my internal clock. I tend to wake up w/o an alarm, but I set one just in case. This is particularly helpful when traveling when it's likely that my internal clock will be off and I'll be low on sleep--a good recipe for missing a flight or some other appt.

I don't use the bell much since the alarm's so weak, but it could be useful,as you say, as a reminder.
post #3793 of 3922
Saw a photo of the MOTO 360 yesterday and for a smart watch, I kind of like it. It looks like a watch. It's going on sale in the UK in a month or so for $275.
The only reservation I have about smart watches is the same reservation I have about cell phones and laptops/tablets. They tend to become outdated every year or so whereas a watch tends be good for years or sometimes even generations. I'm curious but undecided. smile.gif
post #3794 of 3922

I have a Seiko SP043k (Spork) I quite like a touch of red on an all black watch so had the second hand changed, I also preferred a Warchadoo bracelet to the rubber strap that came with it.. They have stopped making these watches which, IMHO is a shame.

 

 

This is how it came;

 

 

 

 

After changing the second hand;;

 

 

 

 

 

And finally with the bracelet;

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3795 of 3922

Today at work:

 

Spot one guy with vintage SKX007 on bond nato. Start talking about watches.

Spot another guy with Stowa Flieger and start talking about watches.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Poor man's watch thread