Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 238post #3557 of 58911/24/14 at 4:34amQuote:Originally Posted by joelscott7
I have been reading through this thread and looking at pics and decided that I need/want a new watch. I do not know too much about Seiko watches, but really like the looks of the FFF moded watches. I am looking for any advice on which movements/models are best and if there are any to avoid.
I currently have a Pilip Swan Reserve de Marche on a strap and would like to get the Seiko on a bracelet as a more casual watch.
Any advice is appreciated.
You can't go wrong with any of the SKX watches. The Seiko 5's or Sports or whatever they're called are generally a cheaper watch but I haven't heard anything negative about them.
I don't know of any issues with any of Seiko's movements- just find a watch that suits your taste and budget. Most real watch guys will tell you to stick to an automatic movement and avoid the kinetic and quartz options. You can't go wrong with an automatic Seiko.
You might also consider some of Orient's offerings. They're owned by Seiko and make some great watches for very little money. If you're into the SKX series you should look at the Mako.post #3558 of 58911/24/14 at 12:21pmpost #3559 of 58911/27/14 at 1:51amQuote:
You might as well try it out, for a price like that it seems pretty good
Another safe one to get would be a Seiko 5, they seem to be a pretty solid watch to getpost #3560 of 58911/27/14 at 3:19amQuote:
Meditate on Mechanical Watch - Pretty Good Deal - 80$.post #3561 of 58911/27/14 at 8:55ampost #3562 of 58911/31/14 at 7:34pmpost #3563 of 58911/31/14 at 9:11pmpost #3564 of 58912/1/14 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Geran Brown
So while on Instagram today, one of the people I follow posted a watch (see below) that I fell in love with instantly. Only problem is that the watch cost over $100K and that's definitely too much for me.
So I'm coming to y'all to see if I can get some help finding a poor man's version (under $900) of it.
Patek Philippe 3970P
Thanks in advance!
Sharing the same movement as the Sea-Gull quoted before, you also have the Perpetual C-05: http://www.perpetual-watch.com/chronograph.html
Review: http://www.watchitallabout.com/perpetual-watch-chronograph-c-05-review/post #3565 of 58912/3/14 at 10:03ampost #3566 of 58912/6/14 at 12:52pmpost #3567 of 58912/7/14 at 2:33pmpost #3568 of 58912/9/14 at 7:35pmQuote:
Not sure which one you are looking at (theres some ridiculous Gagarin/space editions, etc), and they do have some mechanical moonphases that add complications, but theres no way Id pay more than 400-500 for a 3133 based chrono. Theres just no reason to. The OKEAH (ocean) re-issues tend to hit around 600-800, and thats debatable whether they are worth it.post #3569 of 58912/9/14 at 7:59pmI love the 3133 movement, and you'd be surprised how quickly you acclimate to winding it. My complaint is that it doesn't have a quick set date, so if you wear it irregularly, setting the date requires a lot of winding the time back and forth between 10 and 2 to cycle around to the correct date.post #3570 of 58912/11/14 at 8:04am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 39 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Frank Leder | Wool Belted Coat | sz Large 12 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 18 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 19 minutes ago
- › High quality sneakers or loafers 20 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE June 24, 2016 - Greyscale 26 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding