Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 238post #3557 of 60341/24/14 at 4:34amQuote:Originally Posted by joelscott7
I have been reading through this thread and looking at pics and decided that I need/want a new watch. I do not know too much about Seiko watches, but really like the looks of the FFF moded watches. I am looking for any advice on which movements/models are best and if there are any to avoid.
I currently have a Pilip Swan Reserve de Marche on a strap and would like to get the Seiko on a bracelet as a more casual watch.
Any advice is appreciated.
You can't go wrong with any of the SKX watches. The Seiko 5's or Sports or whatever they're called are generally a cheaper watch but I haven't heard anything negative about them.
I don't know of any issues with any of Seiko's movements- just find a watch that suits your taste and budget. Most real watch guys will tell you to stick to an automatic movement and avoid the kinetic and quartz options. You can't go wrong with an automatic Seiko.
You might also consider some of Orient's offerings. They're owned by Seiko and make some great watches for very little money. If you're into the SKX series you should look at the Mako.post #3558 of 60341/24/14 at 12:21pmpost #3559 of 60341/27/14 at 1:51amQuote:
You might as well try it out, for a price like that it seems pretty good
Another safe one to get would be a Seiko 5, they seem to be a pretty solid watch to getpost #3560 of 60341/27/14 at 3:19amQuote:
Meditate on Mechanical Watch - Pretty Good Deal - 80$.post #3561 of 60341/27/14 at 8:55ampost #3562 of 60341/31/14 at 7:34pmpost #3563 of 60341/31/14 at 9:11pmpost #3564 of 60342/1/14 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Geran Brown
So while on Instagram today, one of the people I follow posted a watch (see below) that I fell in love with instantly. Only problem is that the watch cost over $100K and that's definitely too much for me.
So I'm coming to y'all to see if I can get some help finding a poor man's version (under $900) of it.
Patek Philippe 3970P
Thanks in advance!
Sharing the same movement as the Sea-Gull quoted before, you also have the Perpetual C-05: http://www.perpetual-watch.com/chronograph.html
Review: http://www.watchitallabout.com/perpetual-watch-chronograph-c-05-review/post #3565 of 60342/3/14 at 10:03ampost #3566 of 60342/6/14 at 12:52pmpost #3567 of 60342/7/14 at 2:33pmpost #3568 of 60342/9/14 at 7:35pmQuote:
Not sure which one you are looking at (theres some ridiculous Gagarin/space editions, etc), and they do have some mechanical moonphases that add complications, but theres no way Id pay more than 400-500 for a 3133 based chrono. Theres just no reason to. The OKEAH (ocean) re-issues tend to hit around 600-800, and thats debatable whether they are worth it.post #3569 of 60342/9/14 at 7:59pmI love the 3133 movement, and you'd be surprised how quickly you acclimate to winding it. My complaint is that it doesn't have a quick set date, so if you wear it irregularly, setting the date requires a lot of winding the time back and forth between 10 and 2 to cycle around to the correct date.post #3570 of 60342/11/14 at 8:04am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 seconds ago
- › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 seconds ago
- › Tailors who will significantly alter suits in Manhattan? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 10 minutes ago
- › Bodega - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding