or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Poor man's watch thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor man's watch thread - Page 235

post #3511 of 3873
Seagull makes a pretty similar homage for $580.

M199S-1.jpg

It can be found here:
http://www.good-stuffs.com/New-Sea-Gull-M199S-chronograph-with-moonphase-ST1908_p_163.html
post #3512 of 3873
Would like to share my new Sector 270, which I think is a heck of a deal

Pretty nice, right?
post #3513 of 3873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
Great watch for the money! I love mine. 

Agreed, a great value.

 

Anyone have a poor man's watch winder for their poor man's automatic watch?

post #3514 of 3873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geran Brown View Post

So while on Instagram today, one of the people I follow posted a watch (see below) that I fell in love with instantly. Only problem is that the watch cost over $100K and that's definitely too much for me.

So I'm coming to y'all to see if I can get some help finding a poor man's version (under $900) of it.

Patek Philippe 3970P
segu2yze.jpg

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plot View Post

Seagull makes a pretty similar homage for $580.

M199S-1.jpg

It can be found here:
http://www.good-stuffs.com/New-Sea-Gull-M199S-chronograph-with-moonphase-ST1908_p_163.html

 

Frankly, I like the styling of the Seagull better.

post #3515 of 3873
I need this in my life

post #3516 of 3873
I have a Wolf Designs Meridian Triple winder. It's more winder than I intended to buy, but Jomashop had them in one of their flash sales. MSRP is $825 and I think I paid something around $300. It was a fairly easy pill to swallow considering Brookstone winders cost basically the same and are destined to fall apart in a year or two.


I also like that the Meridian series is modular so I can add another triple winder on, or get a storage box, or both, etc as my collection grows.
post #3517 of 3873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geran Brown View Post

So while on Instagram today, one of the people I follow posted a watch (see below) that I fell in love with instantly. Only problem is that the watch cost over $100K and that's definitely too much for me.

So I'm coming to y'all to see if I can get some help finding a poor man's version (under $900) of it.

Patek Philippe 3970P
segu2yze.jpg

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

 

 

He's a very regular poster in the other watch thread, if you want to see more pics of it. 

That Seagull looks very nice! 

post #3518 of 3873


I grabbed this one off Craigslist about a year ago. It has the Seiko NH35 movement and has been as accurate as any of my other watches.

I put it on a Hirsch Liberty strap (which actually cost more than I paid for the watch itself)
post #3519 of 3873
Quote:
Originally Posted by plot View Post

I need this in my life


Is that a stock SKX of some sort or one that has been modded? It looks like a PVD version that would be done by by somebody like Motor City Watch Works. Looks great by the way.
post #3520 of 3873
It's a modded Seiko SKX007. From what I can tell the case has been PVD coated, the bezel swapped and the bracelet replaced with an olive NATO strap.
post #3521 of 3873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen View Post

He's a very regular poster in the other watch thread, if you want to see more pics of it. 
That Seagull looks very nice!
Yeah I drool everytime I see him post a watch of his.

The Seagull is currently high on the list to get as a poor man's version of it smile.gif
post #3522 of 3873

Hi I have a question what do people think of the seiko premier moonphase watch?  I wanted to see whether its better to buy from UK buyers ( whereI am) or from Japan - the seiya man doesn't sell it. He says not much demand in Japan. Know any other sellers in Japan?

 

 

1254336375_seiko-premier-direct-drive-moon-phase_1.jpg1254336419_seiko-premier-direct-drive-moon-phase_4.jpg

post #3523 of 3873
Got my khaki automatic today, put on a shell nato I bought in case I ever got a watch haha



post #3524 of 3873
^ Nice.
post #3525 of 3873
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Got my khaki automatic today, put on a shell nato I bought in case I ever got a watch haha

Very nice and such a classic. I don't know how or why I've gone so long without adding a Khaki to my collection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Poor man's watch thread