Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 214post #3196 of 53669/12/13 at 5:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3197 of 53669/17/13 at 8:47amQuote:I have a MKII Kingston and love it. Aesthetically I really like the overall look of the Kingston. I believe the hands on the Nassau are a little thinner. Regardless I am much more interested in the upcoming non-date 3-6-9 Nassau.Originally Posted by Sander
Hm. The Nassau also seems unbalanced to my eye, indexes and hands too fragile. Of the new Rolex models, I quite like the Explorer II. But if I wanted to buy a diver right now, I'd seriously consider the Tudor Black Bay.
As for the Black Bay I was a huge fan but once you see that the round hour markers do not belong with the snowflake hands then you cannot get past it.
The Pelegos is in my top 3 list. If it was stainless steel it would top my list.post #3198 of 53669/17/13 at 4:08pmpost #3199 of 53669/17/13 at 7:40pmpost #3200 of 53669/17/13 at 9:14pmpost #3201 of 53669/18/13 at 5:45ampost #3202 of 53669/18/13 at 9:50amThought this may be of interest to this thread. A nice write-up regarding the Seiko 5:
http://gearpatrol.com/2013/09/17/timekeeping-icon-seiko-5/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gearpatrol+%28Gear+Patrol%29post #3203 of 53669/20/13 at 12:30am
Had my place broken into last week, and all the guy stole was an empty backpack and a cheap dress watch.
So now i have an excuse, and my riki watanabe is now on the way from chino watches. It'll be my first auto, and the design deeply appeals to the industrial design graduate in me (which is why i chose it over the obvious SARB031 recommendation).
:>post #3204 of 53669/21/13 at 11:00ampost #3205 of 53669/25/13 at 5:03pmpost #3206 of 536610/7/13 at 4:07pm
Just got my watch back from servicing after 6 weeks, yay! I've had it since childhood and it's my daily wear so am very fond of it.
Keeping to -1 sec daily, so well within its OCC spec, but am hoping it will settle better
(Yes, the date is wrong but it was the 24th when I took the picture)post #3207 of 536610/7/13 at 4:24pmpost #3208 of 536610/7/13 at 4:56pmpost #3209 of 536610/7/13 at 6:23pm
- Poor man's watch thread
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › How do I obtain this fit? 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 51 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?