Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 211post #3151 of 65238/20/13 at 9:59pmpost #3152 of 65238/21/13 at 6:06amDammit. Just when I thought I had stopped lusting after the Stowa Marine.
pronxs - what drove you to the polished over the matte finish? I'm sort of torn, I appreciate seeing your polished one "in the wild." How long have you had it, and have you found the polished finish to hold up well over time?post #3153 of 65238/21/13 at 6:27ampost #3154 of 65238/21/13 at 3:46pmpost #3155 of 65238/21/13 at 3:58pmpost #3156 of 65238/21/13 at 4:39pmpost #3157 of 65238/22/13 at 9:32pmpost #3158 of 65238/23/13 at 5:34amQuote:
Chino Watch has the Green in stock atm: http://c-watch.co.jp/ww/sarb017.htmlpost #3159 of 65238/23/13 at 7:08ampost #3160 of 65238/23/13 at 12:02pmpost #3161 of 65238/23/13 at 6:38pmI like the Riki Watanabe Alba, it's one of the best value watch out there. Simplistic and unassuming yet elegant.
May I ask what happened with the Kent Wang watches? Are they the Bauhaus watches?
My impression is that it is made by Beijing Watch Factory which is one of the high end watch maker in China hence it should be durable?post #3162 of 65238/23/13 at 9:15pm
The Riki is a gorgeous watch, i love how the hour markers "eave" over the minute ring. It's also suitably small for my lady wrists, yet looks big enough for my man hands due to the curve of the glass.
Watanabe was a bit of a design god, and the movement is decent enough, i will probably be down for a couple of these in the next month (cream and copper faces). My only qualm would be with the thickness, but that's the price you pay for the visual benefit of domed glass.
Edited by Cubits - 8/23/13 at 10:58pmpost #3163 of 65238/23/13 at 10:13pmpost #3164 of 65238/24/13 at 1:59ampost #3165 of 65238/24/13 at 5:04amQuote:
Actually, the Steinhart is 42mm and the SKX is 41-42mm. However, the OVM is 49mm lug to lug vs 45-46mm lug to lug for the SKX. The Seiko also wears smaller thanks to its curved lugs that hug the wrist better than the OVM's rather flat/straight lugs.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Llama Calf Loafer (Uetam 10UK) 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...