Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Poor man's watch thread - Page 211post #3151 of 62238/20/13 at 9:59pmpost #3152 of 62238/21/13 at 6:06amDammit. Just when I thought I had stopped lusting after the Stowa Marine.
pronxs - what drove you to the polished over the matte finish? I'm sort of torn, I appreciate seeing your polished one "in the wild." How long have you had it, and have you found the polished finish to hold up well over time?post #3153 of 62238/21/13 at 6:27ampost #3154 of 62238/21/13 at 3:46pmpost #3155 of 62238/21/13 at 3:58pmpost #3156 of 62238/21/13 at 4:39pmpost #3157 of 62238/22/13 at 9:32pmpost #3158 of 62238/23/13 at 5:34amQuote:
Chino Watch has the Green in stock atm: http://c-watch.co.jp/ww/sarb017.htmlpost #3159 of 62238/23/13 at 7:08ampost #3160 of 62238/23/13 at 12:02pmpost #3161 of 62238/23/13 at 6:38pmI like the Riki Watanabe Alba, it's one of the best value watch out there. Simplistic and unassuming yet elegant.
May I ask what happened with the Kent Wang watches? Are they the Bauhaus watches?
My impression is that it is made by Beijing Watch Factory which is one of the high end watch maker in China hence it should be durable?post #3162 of 62238/23/13 at 9:15pm
The Riki is a gorgeous watch, i love how the hour markers "eave" over the minute ring. It's also suitably small for my lady wrists, yet looks big enough for my man hands due to the curve of the glass.
Watanabe was a bit of a design god, and the movement is decent enough, i will probably be down for a couple of these in the next month (cream and copper faces). My only qualm would be with the thickness, but that's the price you pay for the visual benefit of domed glass.
Edited by Cubits - 8/23/13 at 10:58pmpost #3163 of 62238/23/13 at 10:13pmpost #3164 of 62238/24/13 at 1:59ampost #3165 of 62238/24/13 at 5:04amQuote:
Actually, the Steinhart is 42mm and the SKX is 41-42mm. However, the OVM is 49mm lug to lug vs 45-46mm lug to lug for the SKX. The Seiko also wears smaller thanks to its curved lugs that hug the wrist better than the OVM's rather flat/straight lugs.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Video Games 2 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...