No kidding. With that many numbers, there's no way that thing doesn't double as a circular slide rule.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 181post #2701 of 66492/18/13 at 7:18pmpost #2702 of 66492/18/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Quote:
Lol... What an ugly watch. WAY too much going on. Thing is hideous!post #2703 of 66492/18/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
I actually kind of like it. Just a huge amount of detail, but not in an unattractive way. Very baroque. Impossible to use to its fullest extent without memorizing 300 pages of documentation I'm sure, but I wouldn't say it's ugly.post #2704 of 66492/18/13 at 7:47pmpost #2705 of 66492/18/13 at 7:55pmpost #2706 of 66492/18/13 at 7:59pmpost #2707 of 66492/18/13 at 9:27pmpost #2708 of 66492/18/13 at 11:55pmQuote:
True. Sorry to have come off as rude. Everyone has different tastes, and that's part of the beauty of human nature. You know, I still would never ever buy that watch, but the more I look at it, the more I appreciate the intricacies of the design.post #2709 of 66492/19/13 at 2:04amQuote:No worries. Fashions are always changing, along with my ideas of what I like and don't. I went in looking for a style of watch I didn't own and came out with just that. I like a little variety in my watches. If I wanted to wear the same style of watch everyday I'd only own one.Originally Posted by FlyswatterQuote:
True. Sorry to have come off as rude. Everyone has different tastes, and that's part of the beauty of human nature. You know, I still would never ever buy that watch, but the more I look at it, the more I appreciate the intricacies of the design.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2post #2710 of 66492/23/13 at 2:50am
Hello, I'm new to the site and watches. I'm looking for a nice daily watch and after reading through the entire thread I've decided that I want a diver with a black dial. I came across this one on ebay which is nice. But I'm open to better/cheaper suggestions. I'm willing to spend up to $150 but I'd rather not if possible. Thoughts/opinions?post #2711 of 66492/23/13 at 1:14pmpost #2712 of 66493/2/13 at 10:53am
I've had the same old Wenger watch for as long as I can remember, and I think it's time to get something new. I've discovered over the years that I typically only wear watches to work (i.e. during the week), so I'm looking for something a little on the dressy side. I also don't want to spend a ton of money. Ideally, something in the $100-$300 range with a black or white face, black or brown leather strap, and 38-40mm size.
There were some nice Orients and Hamiltons posted earlier, but they looked a little too large for my tastes.
People speak highly of the Seiko 5's, but many of them seem to skew slightly more casual than I'd like in terms of styling. Earlier in this thread, someone also posted the SKZ297J (picture below) which I really like, but it's apparently no longer available (and also a tad more than I'd like to spend). Any other thoughts/suggestions for something in this ballpark?post #2713 of 66493/3/13 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Firefox
People speak highly of the Seiko 5's, but many of them seem to skew slightly more casual than I'd like in terms of styling. Earlier in this thread, someone also posted the SKZ297J (picture below) which I really like, but it's apparently no longer available (and also a tad more than I'd like to spend). Any other thoughts/suggestions for something in this ballpark?
You might want to browse my compilation of light-dialed Seiko 5s. Some are less casual than others.post #2714 of 66493/4/13 at 11:07ampost #2715 of 66493/6/13 at 8:23am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Pre owned Shell cordovan Aldens shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...