No kidding. With that many numbers, there's no way that thing doesn't double as a circular slide rule.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 181post #2701 of 53632/18/13 at 7:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2702 of 53632/18/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Quote:
Lol... What an ugly watch. WAY too much going on. Thing is hideous!post #2703 of 53632/18/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
I actually kind of like it. Just a huge amount of detail, but not in an unattractive way. Very baroque. Impossible to use to its fullest extent without memorizing 300 pages of documentation I'm sure, but I wouldn't say it's ugly.post #2704 of 53632/18/13 at 7:47pmpost #2705 of 53632/18/13 at 7:55pmpost #2706 of 53632/18/13 at 7:59pmpost #2707 of 53632/18/13 at 9:27pmpost #2708 of 53632/18/13 at 11:55pmQuote:
True. Sorry to have come off as rude. Everyone has different tastes, and that's part of the beauty of human nature. You know, I still would never ever buy that watch, but the more I look at it, the more I appreciate the intricacies of the design.post #2709 of 53632/19/13 at 2:04amQuote:No worries. Fashions are always changing, along with my ideas of what I like and don't. I went in looking for a style of watch I didn't own and came out with just that. I like a little variety in my watches. If I wanted to wear the same style of watch everyday I'd only own one.Originally Posted by FlyswatterQuote:
True. Sorry to have come off as rude. Everyone has different tastes, and that's part of the beauty of human nature. You know, I still would never ever buy that watch, but the more I look at it, the more I appreciate the intricacies of the design.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2post #2710 of 53632/23/13 at 2:50am
Hello, I'm new to the site and watches. I'm looking for a nice daily watch and after reading through the entire thread I've decided that I want a diver with a black dial. I came across this one on ebay which is nice. But I'm open to better/cheaper suggestions. I'm willing to spend up to $150 but I'd rather not if possible. Thoughts/opinions?post #2711 of 53632/23/13 at 1:14pmpost #2712 of 53633/2/13 at 10:53am
I've had the same old Wenger watch for as long as I can remember, and I think it's time to get something new. I've discovered over the years that I typically only wear watches to work (i.e. during the week), so I'm looking for something a little on the dressy side. I also don't want to spend a ton of money. Ideally, something in the $100-$300 range with a black or white face, black or brown leather strap, and 38-40mm size.
There were some nice Orients and Hamiltons posted earlier, but they looked a little too large for my tastes.
People speak highly of the Seiko 5's, but many of them seem to skew slightly more casual than I'd like in terms of styling. Earlier in this thread, someone also posted the SKZ297J (picture below) which I really like, but it's apparently no longer available (and also a tad more than I'd like to spend). Any other thoughts/suggestions for something in this ballpark?post #2713 of 53633/3/13 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Firefox
People speak highly of the Seiko 5's, but many of them seem to skew slightly more casual than I'd like in terms of styling. Earlier in this thread, someone also posted the SKZ297J (picture below) which I really like, but it's apparently no longer available (and also a tad more than I'd like to spend). Any other thoughts/suggestions for something in this ballpark?
You might want to browse my compilation of light-dialed Seiko 5s. Some are less casual than others.post #2714 of 53633/4/13 at 11:07am
- Poor man's watch thread
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Harrington Jacket 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?