I assumed they've been around as long as NATOs themselves...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 167post #2491 of 53671/6/13 at 8:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2492 of 53671/6/13 at 9:25pmpost #2493 of 53671/6/13 at 10:43pmpost #2494 of 53671/6/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
Up to $200 in good shape I would think. Here is a good reference:
I had mine restored by IWW, which set me back the price I paid for the watch again thereabouts.post #2495 of 53671/7/13 at 9:16ampost #2496 of 53671/7/13 at 11:16pmpost #2497 of 53671/8/13 at 6:21ampost #2498 of 53671/8/13 at 8:52pmpost #2499 of 53671/9/13 at 3:46amFor many years I wore a gold plated Seiko 5 automatic with the glass back so you could see the mechanism. I loved that watch but it began to lose time and then the bracelet snapped.
For Christmas my wife bought me one of the new Timex Intelligent Quartz watches. I'm very pleased with it. I think its really cool.post #2500 of 53671/9/13 at 4:11ampost #2501 of 53671/9/13 at 4:42ampost #2502 of 53671/9/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I had Poljot Journey that I really liked until it got stolen at the gym. Keep meaning to buy another one.post #2503 of 53671/9/13 at 10:10ampost #2504 of 53671/9/13 at 1:33pmQuote:
$400-500 depending on where you buy it. The internal bezel does turn, there is a crown on the left side of the watch that you can't see in the picture that rotates it.post #2505 of 53671/9/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
Looks quite awesome, shame it got stolen though :S; anyways, this new Gaz-14 line from Vostok might be worth getting for that price...Don't like the strap that much tbh, and I heard several similar complaints over some other forums, but I guess it's just a minor issue that can be easily solved. Besides that, I might have some doubts about the size of the watch, seeing as how I have somewhat tiny hands/wrists and only wore like timex weekenders and couple of seiko's in the past, but if its a 42mm diameter I shouldn't have any issues tbh :)
- Poor man's watch thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 48 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Alden Cordovan Color 8 Wingtip Boot 8.5D Barrie Commando Sole 1 minute ago
- › Alden Black captoe Regina 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling - St James II in Vintage Cherry - MH71 Last - 8E UK 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?