or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Poor man's watch thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor man's watch thread - Page 166

post #2476 of 3862
Another one would be Precista. I have read good things about Timefactors offerings. 90GBP and 185GPB respectively.



post #2477 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

Since I'm poor and only own an Omega, I figure I better have the right one! I have the opportunity to trade my SMP for a PO. If I do this I'd need to add some money (don't know about 1K) to sweeten the deal. What do you think of these two beasts? Right now I have the Seamaster Pro: I could have the Planet Ocean instead (would need to add 1K): Which would you recommend? (For the watch snobs, they're both the same co-axial movement, although the PO is 42mm and the SMP 41mm.) My attire is fancy, slim fit dress shirts and pants. I wear a suit every few weeks but not every day. I'm early thirties going on 17, and on weekends am more likely to be found wearing a nice polo and diesel jeans. Thanks in advance my esteemed SF members!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

Since I'm poor and only own an Omega, I figure I better have the right one! I have the opportunity to trade my SMP for a PO. If I do this I'd need to add some money (don't know about 1K) to sweeten the deal. What do you think of these two beasts? Right now I have the Seamaster Pro: I could have the Planet Ocean instead (would need to add 1K): Which would you recommend? (For the watch snobs, they're both the same co-axial movement, although the PO is 42mm and the SMP 41mm.) My attire is fancy, slim fit dress shirts and pants. I wear a suit every few weeks but not every day. I'm early thirties going on 17, and on weekends am more likely to be found wearing a nice polo and diesel jeans. Thanks in advance my esteemed SF members!

Whoooaa, slow down there Rockefeller!  A 1k watch is a poor man's watch?  I wish I were that poor :)

Anyway, to answer your question.  You shouldn't get either watch.  There aren't enough diamonds to impede the hand movement. 

post #2478 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post


I like that seiko diver what size is it in mm?

post #2479 of 3862

\

A great little watch from Seiko.
post #2480 of 3862


Sub homage by Squale
post #2481 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post


\
A great little watch from Seiko.

 

Nice looking watch. It's not a Seiko 5, and has 23 jewels, so I'm guessing a SARB or SCVS series?

post #2482 of 3862
ye seiko sarb033. Picked it up used on WUS and sent it off to IWW for regulation and to fix some things that got past QC. Great piece.
post #2483 of 3862

I just bought this blue Orient Flight and I am going to pair it with a reddish brown leather nato like this. Anybody have any other suggestions for leather nato's? (not shell cordovan). 







(The one on the Panerai, or maybe the one to the direct left) 

post #2484 of 3862
Love you watches, Hayward.
post #2485 of 3862
Did leather NATOs exist prior to 2010?
I am a big fan of mine, but I think they might be a fad.
post #2486 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant702 View Post

I like that seiko diver what size is it in mm?

It's a 6309, 44 mm wide, 46 mm tall, but it wears smaller. Real classic and next to the Rolex 1680 my favorite diver.
post #2487 of 3862

 

 

 

 

CA0331-13A, beautiful watch in person

post #2488 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

Did leather NATOs exist prior to 2010?
I am a big fan of mine, but I think they might be a fad.

I bought some leather NATOs more than a couple years ago, but they fell apart. You need a leather that is thin, yet be strong enough for a single layer to be used. So far kangaroo seems to be the best choice.
post #2489 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post

Love you watches, Hayward.

Thanks!
post #2490 of 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post



A great little watch from Seiko.

The SARBs are great watches.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Poor man's watch thread