Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 154post #2296 of 535211/11/12 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2297 of 535211/11/12 at 10:46ampost #2298 of 535211/11/12 at 2:22pmpost #2299 of 535211/11/12 at 3:53pmpost #2300 of 535211/11/12 at 4:02pmpost #2301 of 535211/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #2302 of 535211/11/12 at 4:55pmpost #2303 of 535211/11/12 at 7:37pm
I think they ship out of Japan. It's the Fluco cordovan strap.post #2304 of 535211/13/12 at 1:43amHi guys, love this thread. Wanted to ask you all for some strap recommendations for my Poor Man's Watch. It's a 49-year old HMT Citizen manual winding watch from India, that my grandfather gifted to my dad and has now passed on to me. It's got 18mm lugs and a faded/chipped gold case as you can see in the pictures below. Its on a cheapo black leather strap right now
I'm thinking of maybe an exotic leather strap like croc/lizard in black? and maybe a deployment buckle? Any other suggestions guys and links to good deals for these items? Thanks a lotpost #2305 of 535211/13/12 at 4:40pmpost #2306 of 535211/13/12 at 4:46pmpost #2307 of 535211/14/12 at 4:44am
I love the style of the Junkers Bauhaus watches, but have skinny wrists, so worry the 40mm dial would be a little too large for me. Any recommendations for a similar watch with a 35mm-ish dial. I am after a very plain looking face (but which still has the style of the Bauhaus), with a brown strap ideally. Face to be white or cream. Budget up to about £400 ($700). As a further reference, I also like the Meistersinger Neo's design, and that has a 36mm case, but that's out of my ideal price range.
Apologies in advance if the .co.uk links cause people problems.
Thankspost #2308 of 535211/14/12 at 6:02am
While I was nosying round I found what looks to be a Stuhrling Original Cuvette 44, new with tags, £50, no bids yet (probably because the main photo is of the case and not the watch!). Might end up a decent buy for someone in the UK.post #2309 of 535211/14/12 at 6:47am
Hey guys, posting here hoping for some advice on my very first watch purchase.
What I'm looking for:
- White face
- Leather wristband
- Basically a classic piece that will go with most outfits.
- Between £150-£200
Going on solely my personal limited knowledge and taste in watches, I managed to find one piece in my price range that I've taken a liking to.
Can somebody tell me anything about this watch? What is the build quality like with Zeppelin? I might be inclined to swap the wristband for a smooth non-textured one. I'm actually hoping you guys can help shape my thoughts and lead me in the right direction.
I was also impressed by the Junkers posted above, but did not find any specific pieces I liked. I will be looking into them some more however.
So, what would you do if you had £200 in your pocket and my tastes in your fingertips?
- Poor man's watch thread
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...