Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 154post #2296 of 597311/11/12 at 7:19ampost #2297 of 597311/11/12 at 10:46ampost #2298 of 597311/11/12 at 2:22pmpost #2299 of 597311/11/12 at 3:53pmpost #2300 of 597311/11/12 at 4:02pmpost #2301 of 597311/11/12 at 4:35pmpost #2302 of 597311/11/12 at 4:55pmpost #2303 of 597311/11/12 at 7:37pm
I think they ship out of Japan. It's the Fluco cordovan strap.post #2304 of 597311/13/12 at 1:43amHi guys, love this thread. Wanted to ask you all for some strap recommendations for my Poor Man's Watch. It's a 49-year old HMT Citizen manual winding watch from India, that my grandfather gifted to my dad and has now passed on to me. It's got 18mm lugs and a faded/chipped gold case as you can see in the pictures below. Its on a cheapo black leather strap right now
I'm thinking of maybe an exotic leather strap like croc/lizard in black? and maybe a deployment buckle? Any other suggestions guys and links to good deals for these items? Thanks a lotpost #2305 of 597311/13/12 at 4:40pmpost #2306 of 597311/13/12 at 4:46pmpost #2307 of 597311/14/12 at 4:44am
I love the style of the Junkers Bauhaus watches, but have skinny wrists, so worry the 40mm dial would be a little too large for me. Any recommendations for a similar watch with a 35mm-ish dial. I am after a very plain looking face (but which still has the style of the Bauhaus), with a brown strap ideally. Face to be white or cream. Budget up to about £400 ($700). As a further reference, I also like the Meistersinger Neo's design, and that has a 36mm case, but that's out of my ideal price range.
Apologies in advance if the .co.uk links cause people problems.
Thankspost #2308 of 597311/14/12 at 6:02am
While I was nosying round I found what looks to be a Stuhrling Original Cuvette 44, new with tags, £50, no bids yet (probably because the main photo is of the case and not the watch!). Might end up a decent buy for someone in the UK.post #2309 of 597311/14/12 at 6:47am
Hey guys, posting here hoping for some advice on my very first watch purchase.
What I'm looking for:
- White face
- Leather wristband
- Basically a classic piece that will go with most outfits.
- Between £150-£200
Going on solely my personal limited knowledge and taste in watches, I managed to find one piece in my price range that I've taken a liking to.
Can somebody tell me anything about this watch? What is the build quality like with Zeppelin? I might be inclined to swap the wristband for a smooth non-textured one. I'm actually hoping you guys can help shape my thoughts and lead me in the right direction.
I was also impressed by the Junkers posted above, but did not find any specific pieces I liked. I will be looking into them some more however.
So, what would you do if you had £200 in your pocket and my tastes in your fingertips?post #2310 of 597311/14/12 at 7:33am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 5 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding