If it's your first dress watch, my vote goes to the Tissot. Nice and clean (although not a fan of the logo).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 145post #2161 of 532010/15/12 at 10:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2162 of 532010/16/12 at 9:40pmpost #2163 of 532010/16/12 at 10:52pmpost #2164 of 532010/17/12 at 7:07amPut a blue croc strap on my blue spark. Watchmakers kept telling me to just buy a new watch when I called asking for a quote to service it since it was running fast (20 min per hour). Finally got it fixed and I'm loving it. Holds a lot of sentimental value for me since my wife bought it for me when she visited Japan. That's probably why I was willing to install a strap that cost almost as much as the watch itself!post #2165 of 532010/17/12 at 7:14ampost #2166 of 532010/17/12 at 8:01amQuote:
The blue spark was $275
Strap was $159 - peter.watchacc on timezone - search on "Handmade Luxurious Louisiana Alligator & Hornbacks, JV Nubucks & Big Pilot Straps for IWC"
Servicing was $75. Google Mark Sirianni. He's in PA and does a good job. His servicing includes polishing of the case which I've found isn't extremely precise. The next time I use Mark I may choose to just skip the case polishing altogether. With that said, I did mention the polishing to Mark and he promised to watch it carefully next time.post #2167 of 532010/17/12 at 6:07pmpost #2168 of 532010/17/12 at 6:13pmpost #2169 of 532010/17/12 at 10:12pmpost #2170 of 532010/18/12 at 2:04ampost #2171 of 532010/18/12 at 6:54am
Anyone have some ideas for a dress watch - white/cream face, brown leather strap. I like the moon phase look but not required. Something along the lines of the Raymond Weil Maestro. Also, I have smaller wrists so hoping for something with a 39 diameter. Thanks.post #2172 of 532010/18/12 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by blake11
Anyone have some ideas for a dress watch - white/cream face, brown leather strap. I like the moon phase look but not required. Something along the lines of the Raymond Weil Maestro. Also, I have smaller wrists so hoping for something with a 39 diameter. Thanks.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Slightly bigger than 39mm but may be of interest ??post #2173 of 532010/18/12 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by kev777
Slightly bigger than 39mm but may be of interest ??
43 is a little too big for my liking, thank you though. Any other ideas? Moon phase isn't crucial by I think it adds a unique aspect to the appearance of the face.post #2174 of 532010/18/12 at 7:09pm
- Poor man's watch thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 1 minute ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Minty Fresh So Fresh It Hurts Kiton 2013 Blow it up Damn Dude SC EU50 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...