Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 138
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2057 of 53749/21/12 at 2:16ampost #2058 of 53749/21/12 at 4:35ampost #2059 of 53749/21/12 at 9:01ampost #2060 of 53749/21/12 at 9:29ampost #2061 of 53749/21/12 at 10:28am
It's hard to tell, but it may be an RAF strap on his Rolex. RAF straps just go over the bars and under the watch. Not as fussy as the NATO bands.
Whichever he used, it was too narrow for the lug width:
Edited by Ace_Face - 9/21/12 at 7:41pmpost #2062 of 53749/21/12 at 11:15amQuote:
Found it!post #2063 of 53749/21/12 at 3:34pmQuote:
That looks pretty good actually, the RAF looks dead on. I had always thought that RAF straps were NATO straps or fell into the NATO strap category. But yes, definitely several cm off on the strap width.post #2064 of 53749/21/12 at 7:44pmpost #2065 of 53749/22/12 at 12:58amQuote:
No problem at all. It was a quick operation, took about 15 minutes and only required som elbow grease and balls of steel when inserting a knife under the bezel. Here's a decent guide.post #2066 of 53749/23/12 at 5:52pmpost #2067 of 53749/23/12 at 7:07pmpost #2068 of 53749/24/12 at 6:27ampost #2069 of 53749/24/12 at 8:33ampost #2070 of 53749/24/12 at 12:28pm
- Poor man's watch thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1660 Active Users (407 Members and 1253 Guests)
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 19 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 seconds ago
- › John Smedley - Bobby Sweater - Size S - Midnight Blue - Merino Wool 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.