Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Hanger Project Hangers! Natural Stained Walnut 1.5 Inch (Set of 15) Last post on 12/30/16 at 3:03pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic (PAM88) Last post on 10/1/16 at 2:06pm in Other Classifieds
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 134post #1997 of 66669/8/12 at 5:24pmI'd like some input on switching up the band on this watch. I dress casually and find the full on gold bracelet and watch difficult to wear. Does anyone have any recommendations for a strap to switch it up with? I'm contemplating a dark brown NATO, but I'm wondering if that's too modern for this piece.
Edited by P. Bateman - 9/8/12 at 5:44pmpost #1998 of 66669/8/12 at 8:37pmQuote:
You could probably have it modded with hands more like the ones on the Omega. There are tons of aftermarket parts for modding Seiko 5s.post #1999 of 66669/9/12 at 12:11ampost #2000 of 66669/9/12 at 12:49ampost #2001 of 66669/9/12 at 1:31amQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/36253/the-watch-p0rn-thread/0_30Quote:Originally Posted by GreekTrojan
Thanks for the input earlier in the thread guys, after going shopping the sales person led me to this little beauty rather than the other two. Going to end up costing me less than a $100, which is always nice. There should be no problem dressing this one with a suit right (the original purpose of the watch, though this one is more versatile than what I was looking at before)? Thanks for the input.
Yeah, looks good and will work with suits.Quote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
I'd like some input on switching up the band on this watch. I dress casually and find the full on gold bracelet and watch difficult to wear. Does anyone have any recommendations for a strap to switch it up with? I'm contemplating a dark brown NATO, but I'm wondering if that's too modern for this piece.
NATO would look clumsy with this watch, go with a dark brown leather band. Especially since you dress casually, a leather band will fill that role and the dark brown leather will pop with that watch.post #2002 of 66669/9/12 at 7:02amGoogle image search leads to this site: http://www.uniformwares.com/302-series--coming-soon
I recently impulse bought this mechanical Vostok on ebay.
For the most part because its size is 'modern' (although not too modern), which is rare on the second hand market.post #2003 of 66669/9/12 at 7:37ampost #2004 of 66669/9/12 at 7:46ampost #2005 of 66669/9/12 at 10:07ampost #2006 of 66669/9/12 at 10:34ampost #2007 of 66669/9/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Use 14mm. If you use 16mm, there is no gap, and will never be able to remove the strap.post #2008 of 66669/9/12 at 1:05pmpost #2009 of 66669/9/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
Very nice. Do you mind posting links to strap and watch?post #2010 of 66669/10/12 at 5:55amWhere did you get the band?
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 901 Active Users (195 Members and 706 Guests)
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Recommended UK tailors for bespoke or made to measure 3 piece suit... 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...