+1 I have two CW watches, and they're really excellent pieces.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Marketplace
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Iolom chained ring set Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:07am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Poor man's watch thread - Page 132
Styleforum Top Picks
didn't intend to come across as slamming you. i ran across that pic a while back & headed out to take a look first hand.
man that was a disappointment. if they EVER make that case in as dark a shade of gold as the shadows represent - i'm jumping it.
I'd maybe be interested - have any pictures of it? You can PM me to discuss specifics if you'd prefer that.
I've been hunting watches for a while, but being a student and with the exchange rate as it is at the moment, my budget is seriously limited.
Was initially looking at the Skagen super slim, as I am really not fond of bulky watches although I do have decently sized wrists. I love the design and I'm sure it'd suit me well, but I have heard these are far from rugged and the straps cannot be swapped around?
So after some deliberation I have been looking at the Seiko automatics. Far from the lovely slim Skagen, but perhaps a worthy contender? I hunted around on Amazon and found this baby on special. But then again, from the looks of things, I also won't be able to swap bands?
With these two in mind, can anyone recommend something below $100, doesn't have to be automatic, after all sub $100 automatics aren't amazing. Or perhaps share their opinion on these two? I would prefer getting something with a metal band, so that I can dress it according to what I'm wearing.
Thanks for your time
I think I PMed you on this, but on that watch, you can swap out the band. I haven't had any problems with durability. My understanding is Skagen makes pretty solid quartz movements.
- Poor man's watch thread
- › Patrick Booth's (Almost) Daily Gratitude Thread 21 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth