+1 I have two CW watches, and they're really excellent pieces.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 132post #1966 of 60318/29/12 at 3:40pmpost #1967 of 60318/29/12 at 4:30pmQuote:
didn't intend to come across as slamming you. i ran across that pic a while back & headed out to take a look first hand.
man that was a disappointment. if they EVER make that case in as dark a shade of gold as the shadows represent - i'm jumping it.post #1968 of 60318/29/12 at 4:44pmQuote:
I'd maybe be interested - have any pictures of it? You can PM me to discuss specifics if you'd prefer that.post #1969 of 60318/29/12 at 10:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by MikeMZA
I've been hunting watches for a while, but being a student and with the exchange rate as it is at the moment, my budget is seriously limited.
Was initially looking at the Skagen super slim, as I am really not fond of bulky watches although I do have decently sized wrists. I love the design and I'm sure it'd suit me well, but I have heard these are far from rugged and the straps cannot be swapped around?
So after some deliberation I have been looking at the Seiko automatics. Far from the lovely slim Skagen, but perhaps a worthy contender? I hunted around on Amazon and found this baby on special. But then again, from the looks of things, I also won't be able to swap bands?
With these two in mind, can anyone recommend something below $100, doesn't have to be automatic, after all sub $100 automatics aren't amazing. Or perhaps share their opinion on these two? I would prefer getting something with a metal band, so that I can dress it according to what I'm wearing.
Thanks for your time
I think I PMed you on this, but on that watch, you can swap out the band. I haven't had any problems with durability. My understanding is Skagen makes pretty solid quartz movements.post #1970 of 60318/30/12 at 3:50pmpost #1971 of 60318/30/12 at 4:37pmpost #1972 of 60318/30/12 at 4:39pmpost #1973 of 60318/30/12 at 4:53pmpost #1974 of 60318/30/12 at 5:18pmpost #1975 of 60318/30/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/post #1976 of 60318/31/12 at 4:21pmpost #1977 of 60318/31/12 at 4:35pmpost #1978 of 60319/1/12 at 5:45ampost #1979 of 60319/1/12 at 5:50ampost #1980 of 60319/1/12 at 10:27am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding