Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 121post #1801 of 53677/19/12 at 2:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1802 of 53677/19/12 at 2:32pmHmm, that was close enough to help me find the real one: http://www.authenticwatches.com/omaqter255.html?productid=omaqter255&channelid=FROOGhttp://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?movadobaby+Y9mYEk+index.html+
Thanks!post #1803 of 53677/19/12 at 3:44pmpost #1804 of 53677/19/12 at 3:47pmpost #1805 of 53677/19/12 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Can anyone identify the ref. no. of this?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks to be a Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra--can't tell what diameter (e.g., 38.5 vs 41.5)--and I don't know the ref. number offhand, though. Also can't tell if it's blue or black faced. Really sharp watch with the strap; I have a blue faced on bracelet I don't wear much... but might if it had that strap...post #1806 of 53677/19/12 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geran Brown
It looks like this with a different band. http://www.authenticwatches.com/omaqter258.htmlI agree...hence why I want know
Very similar, but not that watch in the link. The watch pictured is an automatic (Co-Axial movement)--the watch linked is a quartz.post #1807 of 53677/19/12 at 8:02pmpost #1808 of 53677/20/12 at 6:51amAnyone have a recommendation on where to find good straps? I have a Seiko SKX007 that I wear the majority of the time on weekends and when I'm not wearing a suit at work. I have a forest green NATO strap on it now that is on its last leg (fraying and coming apart due to constant trips into the salty Atlantic Ocean). Can't remember where I bought the current strap. I'm looking for one that isn't extremely bulky. I'd also consider other types (leather, metal bracelet, etc.) although I haven't seen any I really like on this particular watch.post #1809 of 53677/20/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by NakedYoga
Anyone have a recommendation on where to find good straps? I have a Seiko SKX007 that I wear the majority of the time on weekends and when I'm not wearing a suit at work. I have a forest green NATO strap on it now that is on its last leg (fraying and coming apart due to constant trips into the salty Atlantic Ocean). Can't remember where I bought the current strap. I'm looking for one that isn't extremely bulky. I'd also consider other types (leather, metal bracelet, etc.) although I haven't seen any I really like on this particular watch.
that watch looks good on the NATO's and bracelet it comes with. You can try a rubber strap or a dark brown strap. Ebay has thousands of straps available. Talking about Seiko's, this is so much watch for the money it's almost like you are stealing from Seiko:post #1810 of 53677/20/12 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
that watch looks good on the NATO's and bracelet it comes with. You can try a rubber strap or a dark brown strap. Ebay has thousands of straps available. Talking about Seiko's, this is so much watch for the money it's almost like you are stealing from Seiko: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice looking Seiko. What model is that?post #1811 of 53677/20/12 at 1:08pmpost #1812 of 53677/20/12 at 1:20pmpost #1813 of 53677/20/12 at 1:23pmpost #1814 of 53677/20/12 at 3:17pmpost #1815 of 53677/20/12 at 5:56pm
Got one identical to it, and it is the Seiko that broke the camel's back for me. This was my second Seiko, and this one runs down about 3 or 4 hours after wearing all day, and through the day, it loses about an hour of time! The first Seiko (can't remember the model) was a $250 quartz model, that just quit. It was taken to a jeweler for what I though was a new battery and wasn't it at all. It was then sent back to Seiko and I was quote $300+ to return it to working order.
- Poor man's watch thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › Help with shoe fit: wide front, straight big toe 34 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?