Seiko, Sea-Gull and Orient retail for more than $100. I haven't read anything indicating that Alpha is superior to Invicta.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 120post #1786 of 58877/16/12 at 6:57ampost #1787 of 58877/16/12 at 4:06pmpost #1788 of 58877/16/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
Agree to disagree but tons of Seikos can be had for $100 or under online, as well as Sea-Gulls. Orient not far behind. I'm just not a fan of Invictapost #1789 of 58877/17/12 at 9:21amQuote:
+1 I've seen plenty of Seiko and Orient pieces for less than a century, particularly online.
As far as Invicta goes, they're just brash, gaudy homage pieces for the most part. I'd much rather go for something a trifle more original.post #1790 of 58877/17/12 at 2:56pmOkay, agree to disagree as well. While they do make LOTS of homage pieces, I think it unfair to characterize them all as brash or guady. The sub homage (8926ob) is just that, a homage and no more brash or guady than the watch it's modeled after.
I happen to like Orients and Sea-Gulls as well. I do find Seiko a bit boring but they are fine watches. I just don't dismiss Invicta as a reasonable choice for someone looking for a good watch for less than $100.
Besides, someone may actually be a fan of brash and guady...lol:satisfied:post #1791 of 58877/17/12 at 2:57pmpost #1792 of 58877/17/12 at 3:09pmpost #1793 of 58877/17/12 at 4:16pmpost #1794 of 58877/17/12 at 10:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rizzy
To be honest, you won't find much with the Navitimer look and an auto in the same range. I'm always a bit wear about Rotary though, I just don't know how they'll hold up over time.
If you're open to a couple of other styles of Pilot's Watches, here's a few on the same price range that are much better in terms of fit and finish than anything Rotary produces.
Here's one by Graf Zepplin @ $229 and it sports an Swiss Quartz movement too (Automatics are tougher to come by in this price range:cloud: )!
Don't like the band, but that face is awesome.post #1795 of 58877/18/12 at 5:11pmpost #1796 of 58877/19/12 at 12:01pmpost #1797 of 58877/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #1798 of 58877/19/12 at 1:47pmpost #1799 of 58877/19/12 at 2:14pmpost #1800 of 58877/19/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
That's not true. Brown often works with black watches and also in this case. I am not usually a fan of Natos but that looks really good. Well done.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1406 Active Users (274 Members and 1132 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › what to wear with navy blue dress shoes (Neukok Wingtip Oxfords) 3 minutes ago
- › Beautiful NWOT Lands' End Knit Ties Made in Italy. $10 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Is this suitable for office wear? 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 12 minutes ago
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 14 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding