Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 109post #1622 of 59734/25/12 at 10:31pm
Hey guys, I'm 20 and will be getting my first real watch.
My style is banana republic mixed with urban outfitters with some asian jazz in there as well.
I'm a college student and would like to keep this under $100.
I never thought I would ever wear a watch again, but this summer I will not be able to have a phone due to my internship and watches do look pretty sweet too.
So I know nothing about watches. My last watch was a tiny blue digital timex with velcro back in 7th grade.
Here is a watch that I really liked from earlier in this thread, with brown strap.
I hear a ton about the seiko 5, but I don't really think it looks good. I mean it's not ugly, but it's kinda messy looking imo.
That looks cool too in brown, but they're sold out =/
I like these too
I'm open to any suggestions.
I'm looking for a slightly classy/classic watch with a brown strap.
Edited by Bolun - 4/26/12 at 4:19ampost #1623 of 59734/25/12 at 11:10pmpost #1624 of 59734/26/12 at 8:15ampost #1625 of 59734/26/12 at 4:32pmpost #1626 of 59734/26/12 at 6:43pmpost #1627 of 59734/26/12 at 6:59pmpost #1628 of 59734/26/12 at 8:03pm
Running on a Seagull st2528 moon-phase movement. Made by Thomas(the guy who handled the 1963 re-makes from Seagull HK and i think still provides the 1963's) at his new company from the collective design of watchuseek chinese subforum participants for this project watch. limited to 150, all sold.
The dial colour is the same as the 1963's. 40mm case. nice features: signed crown, signed buckle, signed rotor, signed strap. blued (painted) hands, screws and rotor.post #1629 of 59734/26/12 at 9:31pmI've got a question for you guys.
I have a watch with neon (that glow-in-the-dark yellowish green color) hands and numerals that I'd like to repaint white. Does anyone know what type of paint would be best for this, as well as what instrument I could use to accomplish this?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.post #1630 of 59734/26/12 at 10:09pm
Wristwatches is a very broad spectrum. I myself fall under the "Snob" section (Which means only swiss pieces, no ETA movements, all in house, not obnoxiously over sized or jewel encrusted watches) But without getting into that much detail I will say that for new comers the best intro watch is a Omega Speedmaster. It looks great, is stainless steel and black so its easy to wear and has a horological history. Online they run for about 1.4-1.6k. That or you can get a Rolex DateJust pre owned, with a sapphire crystal two toned in gold/stainless or white gold/stainless online, they run about 2.5k. Stay away from TAG and Movado their the same price and terrible pieces. Either the Rolex DJ or Omega Speedmaster can be the last watch you buy if you no longer want climb higher into the horological hierarchy.post #1631 of 59734/27/12 at 1:58ampost #1632 of 59734/29/12 at 5:30pmpost #1633 of 59734/30/12 at 9:40ampost #1634 of 59734/30/12 at 4:15pmpost #1635 of 59735/4/12 at 2:30pm
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 42 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 50 minutes ago
- › Anyone know what brand. 57 minutes ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding