Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 109post #1622 of 58874/25/12 at 10:31pm
Hey guys, I'm 20 and will be getting my first real watch.
My style is banana republic mixed with urban outfitters with some asian jazz in there as well.
I'm a college student and would like to keep this under $100.
I never thought I would ever wear a watch again, but this summer I will not be able to have a phone due to my internship and watches do look pretty sweet too.
So I know nothing about watches. My last watch was a tiny blue digital timex with velcro back in 7th grade.
Here is a watch that I really liked from earlier in this thread, with brown strap.
I hear a ton about the seiko 5, but I don't really think it looks good. I mean it's not ugly, but it's kinda messy looking imo.
That looks cool too in brown, but they're sold out =/
I like these too
I'm open to any suggestions.
I'm looking for a slightly classy/classic watch with a brown strap.
Edited by Bolun - 4/26/12 at 4:19ampost #1623 of 58874/25/12 at 11:10pmpost #1624 of 58874/26/12 at 8:15ampost #1625 of 58874/26/12 at 4:32pmpost #1626 of 58874/26/12 at 6:43pmpost #1627 of 58874/26/12 at 6:59pmpost #1628 of 58874/26/12 at 8:03pm
Running on a Seagull st2528 moon-phase movement. Made by Thomas(the guy who handled the 1963 re-makes from Seagull HK and i think still provides the 1963's) at his new company from the collective design of watchuseek chinese subforum participants for this project watch. limited to 150, all sold.
The dial colour is the same as the 1963's. 40mm case. nice features: signed crown, signed buckle, signed rotor, signed strap. blued (painted) hands, screws and rotor.post #1629 of 58874/26/12 at 9:31pmI've got a question for you guys.
I have a watch with neon (that glow-in-the-dark yellowish green color) hands and numerals that I'd like to repaint white. Does anyone know what type of paint would be best for this, as well as what instrument I could use to accomplish this?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.post #1630 of 58874/26/12 at 10:09pm
Wristwatches is a very broad spectrum. I myself fall under the "Snob" section (Which means only swiss pieces, no ETA movements, all in house, not obnoxiously over sized or jewel encrusted watches) But without getting into that much detail I will say that for new comers the best intro watch is a Omega Speedmaster. It looks great, is stainless steel and black so its easy to wear and has a horological history. Online they run for about 1.4-1.6k. That or you can get a Rolex DateJust pre owned, with a sapphire crystal two toned in gold/stainless or white gold/stainless online, they run about 2.5k. Stay away from TAG and Movado their the same price and terrible pieces. Either the Rolex DJ or Omega Speedmaster can be the last watch you buy if you no longer want climb higher into the horological hierarchy.post #1631 of 58874/27/12 at 1:58ampost #1632 of 58874/29/12 at 5:30pmpost #1633 of 58874/30/12 at 9:40ampost #1634 of 58874/30/12 at 4:15pmpost #1635 of 58875/4/12 at 2:30pm
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 9 minutes ago
- › How to wash fine linen pants 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding