Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 109
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1622 of 53594/25/12 at 10:31pm
Hey guys, I'm 20 and will be getting my first real watch.
My style is banana republic mixed with urban outfitters with some asian jazz in there as well.
I'm a college student and would like to keep this under $100.
I never thought I would ever wear a watch again, but this summer I will not be able to have a phone due to my internship and watches do look pretty sweet too.
So I know nothing about watches. My last watch was a tiny blue digital timex with velcro back in 7th grade.
Here is a watch that I really liked from earlier in this thread, with brown strap.
I hear a ton about the seiko 5, but I don't really think it looks good. I mean it's not ugly, but it's kinda messy looking imo.
That looks cool too in brown, but they're sold out =/
I like these too
I'm open to any suggestions.
I'm looking for a slightly classy/classic watch with a brown strap.
Edited by Bolun - 4/26/12 at 4:19ampost #1623 of 53594/25/12 at 11:10pmpost #1624 of 53594/26/12 at 8:15ampost #1625 of 53594/26/12 at 4:32pmpost #1626 of 53594/26/12 at 6:43pmpost #1627 of 53594/26/12 at 6:59pmpost #1628 of 53594/26/12 at 8:03pm
Running on a Seagull st2528 moon-phase movement. Made by Thomas(the guy who handled the 1963 re-makes from Seagull HK and i think still provides the 1963's) at his new company from the collective design of watchuseek chinese subforum participants for this project watch. limited to 150, all sold.
The dial colour is the same as the 1963's. 40mm case. nice features: signed crown, signed buckle, signed rotor, signed strap. blued (painted) hands, screws and rotor.post #1629 of 53594/26/12 at 9:31pmI've got a question for you guys.
I have a watch with neon (that glow-in-the-dark yellowish green color) hands and numerals that I'd like to repaint white. Does anyone know what type of paint would be best for this, as well as what instrument I could use to accomplish this?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.post #1630 of 53594/26/12 at 10:09pm
Wristwatches is a very broad spectrum. I myself fall under the "Snob" section (Which means only swiss pieces, no ETA movements, all in house, not obnoxiously over sized or jewel encrusted watches) But without getting into that much detail I will say that for new comers the best intro watch is a Omega Speedmaster. It looks great, is stainless steel and black so its easy to wear and has a horological history. Online they run for about 1.4-1.6k. That or you can get a Rolex DateJust pre owned, with a sapphire crystal two toned in gold/stainless or white gold/stainless online, they run about 2.5k. Stay away from TAG and Movado their the same price and terrible pieces. Either the Rolex DJ or Omega Speedmaster can be the last watch you buy if you no longer want climb higher into the horological hierarchy.post #1631 of 53594/27/12 at 1:58ampost #1632 of 53594/29/12 at 5:30pmpost #1633 of 53594/30/12 at 9:40ampost #1634 of 53594/30/12 at 4:15pm
- Poor man's watch thread
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 18 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 40 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...