Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Iolom chained ring set Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:07am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 109
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1622 of 50794/25/12 at 10:31pm
Hey guys, I'm 20 and will be getting my first real watch.
My style is banana republic mixed with urban outfitters with some asian jazz in there as well.
I'm a college student and would like to keep this under $100.
I never thought I would ever wear a watch again, but this summer I will not be able to have a phone due to my internship and watches do look pretty sweet too.
So I know nothing about watches. My last watch was a tiny blue digital timex with velcro back in 7th grade.
Here is a watch that I really liked from earlier in this thread, with brown strap.
I hear a ton about the seiko 5, but I don't really think it looks good. I mean it's not ugly, but it's kinda messy looking imo.
That looks cool too in brown, but they're sold out =/
I like these too
I'm open to any suggestions.
I'm looking for a slightly classy/classic watch with a brown strap.
Edited by Bolun - 4/26/12 at 4:19ampost #1623 of 50794/25/12 at 11:10pmpost #1624 of 50794/26/12 at 8:15ampost #1625 of 50794/26/12 at 4:32pmpost #1626 of 50794/26/12 at 6:43pmpost #1627 of 50794/26/12 at 6:59pmpost #1628 of 50794/26/12 at 8:03pm
Running on a Seagull st2528 moon-phase movement. Made by Thomas(the guy who handled the 1963 re-makes from Seagull HK and i think still provides the 1963's) at his new company from the collective design of watchuseek chinese subforum participants for this project watch. limited to 150, all sold.
The dial colour is the same as the 1963's. 40mm case. nice features: signed crown, signed buckle, signed rotor, signed strap. blued (painted) hands, screws and rotor.post #1629 of 50794/26/12 at 9:31pmI've got a question for you guys.
I have a watch with neon (that glow-in-the-dark yellowish green color) hands and numerals that I'd like to repaint white. Does anyone know what type of paint would be best for this, as well as what instrument I could use to accomplish this?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.post #1630 of 50794/26/12 at 10:09pm
Wristwatches is a very broad spectrum. I myself fall under the "Snob" section (Which means only swiss pieces, no ETA movements, all in house, not obnoxiously over sized or jewel encrusted watches) But without getting into that much detail I will say that for new comers the best intro watch is a Omega Speedmaster. It looks great, is stainless steel and black so its easy to wear and has a horological history. Online they run for about 1.4-1.6k. That or you can get a Rolex DateJust pre owned, with a sapphire crystal two toned in gold/stainless or white gold/stainless online, they run about 2.5k. Stay away from TAG and Movado their the same price and terrible pieces. Either the Rolex DJ or Omega Speedmaster can be the last watch you buy if you no longer want climb higher into the horological hierarchy.post #1631 of 50794/27/12 at 1:58ampost #1632 of 50794/29/12 at 5:30pmpost #1633 of 50794/30/12 at 9:40ampost #1634 of 50794/30/12 at 4:15pm
- Poor man's watch thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Technical Outerwear 24 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › MADE IN ENGLAND Chesterfield topcoat with velvet collar. FREE... 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 4 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultra Soft Silk & Cashmere ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA Jacket, NEW, Euro 56, XXL 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories