Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 106post #1577 of 60554/10/12 at 4:03pmQuote:
Thanks - thats too 'divery' for me. I like the two above, a little cleaner I suppose.
Any reason people like the orients over the seiko?
PS - i find most of the orients online for about 25-50% offpost #1578 of 60554/10/12 at 4:48pmpost #1579 of 60554/13/12 at 7:49ampost #1580 of 60554/13/12 at 9:29amQuote:
The spring bars for the SKX007 are very strongly-sprung 2.5mm thick shoulderless, so in order to remove them you will need to wedge a tool that is both thin enough to get between the bar and the watch lug, and strong enough to allow you to get enough force to push back against the spring AND the rubber strap the full 1mm+ before the bar will pop out.
I wouldn't recommend using a screwdriver for this; get a Bergeon spring bar tool. Well worth the investment.post #1581 of 60554/15/12 at 5:39ampost #1582 of 60554/16/12 at 7:27ampost #1583 of 60554/16/12 at 7:45am^ lots of strap sellers on TimeZone. Here are a couple that sell Natos.
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6118381&rid=0post #1584 of 60554/16/12 at 7:48amQuote:
Have you tried these guys
I you want Horween shell nato's I know you can get them at Leffot.
Hope that helps.post #1585 of 60554/17/12 at 6:46amHi fellow PMW enthusiasts, if I may ask for help please. I'm looking for a watch with these product specifications:
Budget: < $150
Style: strap watch
Dial Color: white or silver
Case Diameter: between 39-41 mm
Band: doesn't matter (I have plenty of replacement bands)
Band Width: it HAS to be 20mm
This watch would've been perfect but the case diameter is only 37mm:
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!post #1586 of 60554/17/12 at 7:42ampost #1587 of 60554/17/12 at 8:53ampost #1588 of 60554/17/12 at 9:16am@Cant kill da Rooster: That's a really nice-looking watch, I've never heard of Breytenbach and at 42mm, it may be pushing my upper limit in terms of size. I would definitely consider it though!
@Ace_Face: That looks a little too 'flashy' for my taste, I prefer very simple designs.
Aside from Amazon, I was also looking at Zappos which is very cool because they have actual people demonstrating the watches (via videos).
Thank you for your suggestions.post #1589 of 60554/17/12 at 10:56ampost #1590 of 60554/17/12 at 11:18amI have another prospect, it has a 40mm diameter, 20mm band and only $52. What do you guys think? Can this watch pull-off NATO nylon or alligator leather straps?
The key for me is versatility (and simplicity) where I can dress-up or dress-down the watch by replacing straps. I feel that my Timex Weekender is just too casual and time for a little change.
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › FS: New Paul Smith Black Double Breasted Topcoat Overcoat 38R Made... 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding