Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
- Werkstatt Munchen BLISS necklace Last post on 12/24/14 at 2:08am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 106
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1577 of 53594/10/12 at 4:03pmQuote:
Thanks - thats too 'divery' for me. I like the two above, a little cleaner I suppose.
Any reason people like the orients over the seiko?
PS - i find most of the orients online for about 25-50% offpost #1578 of 53594/10/12 at 4:48pmpost #1579 of 53594/13/12 at 7:49ampost #1580 of 53594/13/12 at 9:29amQuote:
The spring bars for the SKX007 are very strongly-sprung 2.5mm thick shoulderless, so in order to remove them you will need to wedge a tool that is both thin enough to get between the bar and the watch lug, and strong enough to allow you to get enough force to push back against the spring AND the rubber strap the full 1mm+ before the bar will pop out.
I wouldn't recommend using a screwdriver for this; get a Bergeon spring bar tool. Well worth the investment.post #1581 of 53594/15/12 at 5:39ampost #1582 of 53594/16/12 at 7:27ampost #1583 of 53594/16/12 at 7:45am^ lots of strap sellers on TimeZone. Here are a couple that sell Natos.
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6118381&rid=0post #1584 of 53594/16/12 at 7:48amQuote:
Have you tried these guys
I you want Horween shell nato's I know you can get them at Leffot.
Hope that helps.post #1585 of 53594/17/12 at 6:46amHi fellow PMW enthusiasts, if I may ask for help please. I'm looking for a watch with these product specifications:
Budget: < $150
Style: strap watch
Dial Color: white or silver
Case Diameter: between 39-41 mm
Band: doesn't matter (I have plenty of replacement bands)
Band Width: it HAS to be 20mm
This watch would've been perfect but the case diameter is only 37mm:
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!post #1586 of 53594/17/12 at 7:42ampost #1587 of 53594/17/12 at 8:53ampost #1588 of 53594/17/12 at 9:16am@Cant kill da Rooster: That's a really nice-looking watch, I've never heard of Breytenbach and at 42mm, it may be pushing my upper limit in terms of size. I would definitely consider it though!
@Ace_Face: That looks a little too 'flashy' for my taste, I prefer very simple designs.
Aside from Amazon, I was also looking at Zappos which is very cool because they have actual people demonstrating the watches (via videos).
Thank you for your suggestions.post #1589 of 53594/17/12 at 10:56ampost #1590 of 53594/17/12 at 11:18amI have another prospect, it has a 40mm diameter, 20mm band and only $52. What do you guys think? Can this watch pull-off NATO nylon or alligator leather straps?
The key for me is versatility (and simplicity) where I can dress-up or dress-down the watch by replacing straps. I feel that my Timex Weekender is just too casual and time for a little change.
- Poor man's watch thread
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?