Edited by discreteuniverse - 3/19/12 at 5:46pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- **DROPSX3** Maison Martin Marginal Brass Cuff Bracelet Size S Last post on 6/26/16 at 7:14pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Versace Medusa Icon Necklace Last post on 2/1/16 at 12:17am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: CARTIER - C De Cartier Decor Money Clip Last post on 8/4/15 at 9:47pm in Buying and Selling
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Poor man's watch thread - Page 103post #1532 of 59733/18/12 at 8:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grayland
I have a couple of them and like them very much. Very accurate although I don't think they are particularly desirable. That being said, my daily wear is an Eco-Drive and I bought here off the B&S for $100. I've picked up a few more on ebay/timezone for around $100. If you are looking for sub-$500, you can do much better, but they are damn nice sub-$125 watches. I had a Seiko Spirit that didn't get nearly the wrist time that my Eco-Drive got - and I ended up selling it. You won't impress anyone wearing an Eco-Drive, but I've never been impressed by a watch someone else was wearing either.
Thanks. Anyone else have thoughts to share on this?post #1533 of 59733/18/12 at 9:46pmpost #1534 of 59733/19/12 at 3:50ampost #1535 of 59733/19/12 at 9:58ampost #1536 of 59733/19/12 at 2:52pmJust got a Seiko SKX007 and I'm really happy with it so far, it looks and feels like a much more expensive watch and keeps good time. I was originally going to buy a Laco B-uhr but reading the posts of a Seiko geek on a local forum got me hooked. I'll get a flieger type watch for my next one though.
The picture is from the lab so labcoat/nitril glove combo.post #1537 of 59733/19/12 at 3:07pmpost #1538 of 59733/19/12 at 4:54pmpost #1539 of 59733/19/12 at 4:58pmpost #1540 of 59733/19/12 at 7:25pmpost #1541 of 59733/19/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
That's a Sea-Gull 1963 Chinese Air Force Chrono. Very iconic watch, and quite available. About US$350 or so.
I can't decide between this and a Strela Cosmo, first watch in space.
Both awesome. Both ~ 38 - 39mm, so wearable by the smaller guy.post #1542 of 59733/20/12 at 7:05ampost #1543 of 59733/20/12 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Al in Philly
Quick question for the guys that have Sea-Gull automatic watches. Do they also have a mechanical wind feature? Meaning, can I wind the watch manually, even though it is an automatic? I'm looking at buying an M170S. Looks like a pretty good watch for the price.
Thanks in advance.
Yes, my M186S does thispost #1544 of 59733/20/12 at 7:27ampost #1545 of 59733/20/12 at 8:24am
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Currently, there are 1428 Active Users (307 Members and 1121 Guests)
- › Suitsupply NYC 57 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Things You Think You Know: Myth Busting in Classic Menswear 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › Stunning St. Andrews Light Grey Flannel Suit 38R 40R, Mint Condition 9 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 11 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding