or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB Season Thread - Page 59

post #871 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

As an O's fan, how do you feel about the return of the cartoon bird? I think it's great, probably because that's the hat they had when I was a kid. I never liked the ornithologically correct bird. Also, I recently learned that the name for the oriole mascot is Oriole Bird. happy.gif

Yeah, we're pretty lazy down here. Next season will be nutty, I can't wait to see how Albert handles AL pitching.
post #872 of 5149
ooooo--shhhiiiiit:

Ryan Braun snagged for PEDs... 50game suspension in the works..
post #873 of 5149
^ Oh geez...hope thats not true
post #874 of 5149
it's true. MLB used the World Anti-Doping Agency to confirm the positive result. cheater
post #875 of 5149
You know what the best part is? After his 50 games, he's going to go right back to his $150 million contract with absolutely no penalty.

Is it worth it? You bet your ass it is.
post #876 of 5149
Man, that is a punch in the gut.
post #877 of 5149
The highest bid for Yu Darvish is reportedly over what was bid for Dice-K (meaning above $51MM). I'm not sold on Japanese pitchers but Darvish is big (6-5), relatively young (25), and has some of the gaudiest numbers imaginable in Japan (ERA below 1.50, WHIP below 1.00, 36 walks and 276 strikeouts). And unlike Dice-K his arm doesn't have a ton of wear already. If this guy can't make it in MLB, I don't know who can from Japan.
post #878 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

I don't even think the writers should be deciding this shit. HOF or any type of awards, it should be done by managers. I can't remember which writer it was but I remember he was one of the fattest baseball writers of all time, he ended up not voting for Nolan Ryan for HOF induction because he was pissed that either Gaylord Perry or Don Sutton didn't get 100% of the vote....it might have been Phil Neiko, I can't remember.

This was the fat fuck I was talking about:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/20/bill-conlin-child-abuse-accusations-philadelphia-baseball_n_1160902.html
post #879 of 5149
O's have to be early WS contenders after the big signing of Endy Chavez.
post #880 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

O's have to be early WS contenders after the big signing of Endy Chavez.

Can you believe they're talking about shopping Jones, Guthrie I can see, but damn Jones. And I'm sorry, that Bedard and Tejada trade gave us a grand total of 1 guy in return. I remember thinking that trade was going to revitalize the franchise.
post #881 of 5149
I believe it; I actually think they should do it.

I hoped the Bedard trade would be a big part of our future too but honestly it just didn't pan out. Such is life in MLB. But really, the O's are not close to contending with these guys. Markakis is shit since he's off the juice, Jones is good but needs better lineup protection because he can't hit a curveball. At all. B-Rob isn't bad when he isn't seeing stars. Guthrie has gotten a raw deal throwing for this club and is a valuable piece somewhere else.

It's time to blow it all up. Let them all go. Trade them for prospects, start the whole thing over with drafts. This team is no closer to .500 this year or next than they were 10 years ago. Wieters, Markakis, Roberts, Jones, Guthrie, deal 'em all.
post #882 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I believe it; I actually think they should do it.
I hoped the Bedard trade would be a big part of our future too but honestly it just didn't pan out. Such is life in MLB. But really, the O's are not close to contending with these guys. Markakis is shit since he's off the juice, Jones is good but needs better lineup protection because he can't hit a curveball. At all. B-Rob isn't bad when he isn't seeing stars. Guthrie has gotten a raw deal throwing for this club and is a valuable piece somewhere else.
It's time to blow it all up. Let them all go. Trade them for prospects, start the whole thing over with drafts. This team is no closer to .500 this year or next than they were 10 years ago. Wieters, Markakis, Roberts, Jones, Guthrie, deal 'em all.

I've seen some Camden Yard shots on TV. Its pretty empty there, if you trade Markakis, Jones AND Wieters nobody is showing up. Roberts is done, but you still got the new black guy. Maybe Arrieta coming back and Matusz....maybe Tillman puts it all together. I can go through another 5 years of rebuilding. This is why the DC/(Baltimore - to a lesser extent) sucks, its because we don't have any winning sports teams. The Ravens, sure, but only the scumbags who go to the shit hole bars in Baltimore like the Ravens.
post #883 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post

The highest bid for Yu Darvish is reportedly over what was bid for Dice-K (meaning above $51MM). I'm not sold on Japanese pitchers but Darvish is big (6-5), relatively young (25), and has some of the gaudiest numbers imaginable in Japan (ERA below 1.50, WHIP below 1.00, 36 walks and 276 strikeouts). And unlike Dice-K his arm doesn't have a ton of wear already. If this guy can't make it in MLB, I don't know who can from Japan.

those are some crazy ass numbers. my god. those numbers rival Pedro's numbers during that 99-2000 stretch where he was unstoppable.

i wonder how many innings he has pitched and what types of pitches he throws. i will look tonight, but maybe the rangers planned all along to let Wilson go and spend $25-30Mil more on this guy. Money wise it probably makes sense. I read where they plan to offer around 5 years - 50million, so that'd be close to a $100mil investment. instantly, they'd be one of the more popular teams in Japan ala the ichiro and matsui craze. that's probably worth a $25-30 million gamble.
post #884 of 5149
Why the fuck would a japanese guy want to go to Arlington, Texas?
post #885 of 5149
He might not. He still has to sign
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread