or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB Season Thread - Page 30

post #436 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
do you think Minka has a steady prescription of Valtrex going just like j. alba?


seriously though what a way to get the hit... day game... home stadium... HR...
Fuckin' sawks fan. Just can't let Jetah go without getting a dig in.
post #437 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
JETER!!!!!!

What a way to get 3000. 5 for 5, a homer on the 3000th, and drives in the winning run.

Damn, that is legendary. Good for him.

Plus, great gesture by the fan who caught #3,000 and gave it to Jeter:
Quote:
"No, not really," Lopez said when Yankees announcer Michael Kay later asked him if he asked for anything in return. "He deserves this, he's worked hard for this ... I'm not the type of person to take this away from him."
post #438 of 5149
Glad to see Ricky Romero get the All-Star nod. Dude's a bit explosive with his emotions but hopefully that will be curbed with experience and Toronto will see him turn into a perennial Cy Young candidate. Has the derby lost it's allure? Who's watching tonight?
post #439 of 5149
man. what a joke the ASG will be. 16 guys elected in will not be playing because of injury and because they pitched sunday. my only reason to watch this game was to see verlander go up against whoever, but that won't be happening. the HR derby is fun for about 5 HRs then berman annoys me to death
post #440 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
man. what a joke the ASG will be. 16 guys elected in will not be playing because of injury and because they pitched sunday.

my only reason to watch this game was to see verlander go up against whoever, but that won't be happening.

the HR derby is fun for about 5 HRs then berman annoys me to death

+ 2.6 million. He adds nothing. The HR derby is a little over rated anyway now that guys have some kind of strategy about it. They really should do International players vs. US born, and I don't mean the dumb ass World Baseball Classic which is stupid.
post #441 of 5149
The againg lineup is a problem though.
Good farm system but I don;t think it is enough to keep this team as a contender a few years down the road.
As well, I don't think ownership will have the patience for Cashman not to win now. So for those 2 reasons, I do think you will see them trade away some prospects for another pitcher this year. CAshman has fought hard for that farm system but when looking at keeping his job or not, I bet you see a few young arms go this summer.
post #442 of 5149
espn must have loved that sox yank final...yuck!!!!
post #443 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrunner View Post
espn must have loved that sox yank final...yuck!!!!
Robbie cano! dont ya know! he smoked gonzalez he probably coulda hit another 10 in the final
post #444 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post
Robbie cano! dont ya know! he smoked gonzalez he probably coulda hit another 10 in the final

following gonzo this year has been weird. he's epic and on pace for a MVP award, but he's also pretty much a Robot devoid of any personality. Even the way he speaks is robot like (I guess thats how Mexican Robots will sound like in the future).

I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.
post #445 of 5149
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.

Is this your professional medical opinion?
post #446 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
following gonzo this year has been weird. he's epic and on pace for a MVP award, but he's also pretty much a Robot devoid of any personality. Even the way he speaks is robot like (I guess thats how Mexican Robots will sound like in the future).

I have a feeling Gonzo has aspergers/mild autism, but in the calm robot way (all bottled up emotions) probably reeled in because of his super controlled family upbringing. In contrast to the weirdo idiot savant Manny Ramirez ways.

Meh, modern day John Olerud.
post #447 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Is this your professional medical opinion?

pretty much. even his interviews in spanish are monotone and robot like. having that kind of 100% emotion free focus (seen in even cases of mild autism) obviously lends itself perfectly to a sport like baseball.

he comes from something like 4 generations of professional baseball players and his family looks like its super duper tightly knit and religious so if he does have a touch of the autism its been reigned in to the point where he knows what to do to look and act normal.
post #448 of 5149
Thread Starter 
So the Mariners lost 12 in a row now. And Pittsburgh is America's Team.
post #449 of 5149
CC is going nuts tonight. 5.1 no hits and 11 K's
post #450 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

CC is going nuts tonight. 5.1 no hits and 11 K's


Didn't he recently have his 15th win blown? Dude's been putting up numbers all year. By the look of it, he's started eating Cap'n Crunch again.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread