Today's victory over the White Sox and Seattle's loss clinched a playoff spot for the Tigers.
I was at today's game which had a little bit of everything:
- a real pitching dual, Verlander v Sale
- some creative offense by the Tigers that included an effective bunt and some daring base stealing (something that is fairly new to us!)
- Verlander's second consecutive strong start. He pitched 8 innings today and gave up 1 run. He's on the road to coming back to his old form.
- an almost brawl (after Sales punked V Martinez)
- a fired up crowd and team after the brawl
- a pissed off Brad Ausmus in a postgame interview All season, he has been so cool and so controlled.
- Sales' absurd, confused in his postgame interview. He, nevertheless, is an excellent pitcher.
-binoculars may become the new symbol of team spirit
I happened to attend last year's brawl game in which Sales was the pitcher. Last year, he hit Prince Fielder. My good friend said that both incidents occurred because I was there. Hmmmm
As I am typing this, The Tribe is leading 6-4 over the Royals. If they prevail, the magic number could be 2.
We've got to keep winning. We don't want to be a Wild Card.
Perfect weather, blue sky, lots of sun. By the end of the first inning, nearly every seat was filled.