or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB Season Thread - Page 225

post #3361 of 5143

Saturday prediction: Peavy gets touched up and Joe Kelly does enough.

post #3362 of 5143
I cannot believe going with Gomes over Nava... it makes close to zero rational sense.

I kind of like how the game 2 Boston errors provides a cosmic balancing after game 1. Hopefully this resets the series and we get some good and clean top tier baseball and not the shit show we've been seeing so far.
post #3363 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I cannot believe going with Gomes over Nava... it makes close to zero rational sense.

I kind of like how the game 2 Boston errors provides a cosmic balancing after game 1. Hopefully this resets the series and we get some good and clean top tier baseball and not the shit show we've been seeing so far.

 

“We have a different feel and a different personality on the field when Jonny is in the lineup,” and used the dreaded words “gut feel”. In Monday’s presser, broadcast live on MLB Network, he indicated that “Nava is not forgotten, but we can’t get away from any momentum that a certain lineup has provided us,”

 

Read: bullshit.

post #3364 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I kind of like how the game 2 Boston errors provides a cosmic balancing after game 1. Hopefully this resets the series and we get some good and clean top tier baseball and not the shit show we've been seeing so far.

big plus one. so odd that both first games were heavily decided on errors. i hope we get some better action in the upcoming games.

i still cant decide who i predict, but i am rooting for the red birds.
post #3365 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

big plus one. so odd that both first games were heavily decided on errors. i hope we get some better action in the upcoming games.

i still cant decide who i predict, but i am rooting for the red birds.

^ this with one exception... as a Reds fan I must root for anyone but the Cards.
Edited by Kid Nickels - 10/25/13 at 5:52pm
post #3366 of 5143
I told myself that I wasn't interested in the World Series. But, being the baseball addict that I am, I watched both games. I suppose that I must cheer on the "Birds" from St Louis. After all, St Louis and Detroit have a "history". In a way, the Cardinals belong to us.

Today, on the local sports radio station, there was much banter about next fall's NFL game in London that will involve the (hapless) Detroit Lions. The topic was something like "What is better in Britain than in the U.S.?" One wag wrote "In Britain, they have a prince who is, at least, productive."
post #3367 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

^ this with one exception... as a Reds fan I must root for anyone but the Cards.

THEN WE SHALL HAVE TO DISAGREE!!!
post #3368 of 5143
This is amazing.
post #3369 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

This is amazing.

(10)
post #3370 of 5143
What a game! The Red Sox are griping about the call, but it was clearly right.
post #3371 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

What a game! The Red Sox are griping about the call, but it was clearly right.

^it was such a good game. proper call at the end too. at least they really got these major calls right so far.

L'inc I noticed that the camera focused on a cardinals fan with full KISS makeup in the stands. was that YOU? bounce2.gif
post #3372 of 5143
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

^it was such a good game. proper call at the end too. at least they really got these major calls right so far.

L'inc I noticed that the camera focused on a cardinals fan with full KISS makeup in the stands. was that YOU? bounce2.gif

Haha! No, I was flying home during the game. I only got to see from the 7th inning on.
post #3373 of 5143
Another shocking finish. What a series.
post #3374 of 5143
Holy crap!
post #3375 of 5143
Lol. Kolten Wong. You had one job.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread