or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB Season Thread - Page 23

post #331 of 5149
So, Does Halladay exorcise his demons by taking care of the Cubs, or will this be another coincidental off-night?
post #332 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
God damn Joba Chamberlain. Fucking waste of talent.

They seemed to have babied him with the "Joba rules". Not sure what else the Yanks could have done with him. Tough luck in that excellent Yankee bullpen. But even with all those injuries, they are only a couple of games out of first - even after being swept twice in last month by Sox. If they make some good acquisitions and a little luck, they might be able to fix that bullpen quickly.
post #333 of 5149
Being a Cubs fan means I have to find baseball joy from other sources most of the time. Any time I see the White Sox squander a late lead, I long for the days when I had MLB Extra Innings. Aside from a Cubs win, nothing in baseball is more enjoyable that listening to Hawk Harrelson when the Sox are getting beat and preferably, getting beat late.
post #334 of 5149
LOL, I knew Edina would be slowly rubbing one out in his chair as Loston rose up the standings. Long season boys. Loston is shooting its load now, come talk to me in August.
post #335 of 5149
Dude, it's a good team. The beginning was just a fluke, this span of winning is a bit of a fluke, but at the end of the season it will level out and they will be in the playoffs.
post #336 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
LOL, I knew Edina would be slowly rubbing one out in his chair as Loston rose up the standings. Long season boys. Loston is shooting its load now, come talk to me in August.

And where will Edina find you in August? oh that's right - down in the basement with the O's.
post #337 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
And where will Edina find you in August? oh that's right - down in the basement with the O's.

Well thats just mean. The O's are slumping but thats because of specific deficiencies in the bullpen and pretty much thats it. Offensively and starting pitching wise they are actually ok and even good its just that there are the Rays, Red Sox, and Yanks to top.

Hence the serious talks of reseeding the playoffs on a record basis. It still benefits the division winners as well as the teams with great records.

The Sawx seem to be on a total fucking tear offensive wise right now.
post #338 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
Well thats just mean. The O's are slumping but thats because of specific deficiencies in the bullpen and pretty much thats it. Offensively and starting pitching wise they are actually ok and even good its just that there are the Rays, Red Sox, and Yanks to top.

Hence the serious talks of reseeding the playoffs on a record basis. It still benefits the division winners as well as the teams with great records.

The Sawx seem to be on a total fucking tear offensive wise right now.

Just teasing as Slopho doesn't miss a chance to rip the Sox. I said some good things about the O's the other day. And I actually like the Al East better when the O's are more competitive.
post #339 of 5149
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
LOL, I knew Edina would be slowly rubbing one out in his chair as Loston rose up the standings. Long season boys. Loston is shooting its load now, come talk to me in August.

Yes. Which is what I said. And you conveniently ignored. And know you're harping on it.

And FTR, I wasn't piling on you. I was merely proving what I was trying to say, don't make bold predictions about the rest of the season based on the first two weeks. In fact, by and large, don't make ANY prediction on any two week stretch of the season. Of course the last month or so is the exception to that.

Look just keep your insight to yourself. It is uninformed, stupid, and you'll twist yourself into whatever knots you can just to badmouth Boston and that's frankly boring and if I need that stupidity I'll go to CEPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
And where will Edina find you in August? oh that's right - down in the basement with the O's.

I'm a Royals fan. I'm already there!
post #340 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Yes. Which is what I said. And you conveniently ignored. And know you're harping on it.

And FTR, I wasn't piling on you. I was merely proving what I was trying to say, don't make bold predictions about the rest of the season based on the first two weeks. In fact, by and large, don't make ANY prediction on any two week stretch of the season. Of course the last month or so is the exception to that.

Look just keep your insight to yourself. It is uninformed, stupid, and you'll twist yourself into whatever knots you can just to badmouth Boston and that's frankly boring and if I need that stupidity I'll go to CEPM.



I'm a Royals fan. I'm already there!

So I should come to a internet fourm and NOT say anything?? LOL,
post #341 of 5149

at first I was like: then i realized its a yankees catcher so i was like:
post #342 of 5149
oh shit imma do it again
post #343 of 5149
stopit
post #344 of 5149
anyone skeptical about jeter's "injury" so close to 3000 hits?

I hate the yankess but would totally understand if he just wanted to sit out games and get to 3000 in yankee stadium. But at his current pace (six more hits) and the next six games in national league parks it makes sense for him just to want to sit out until he can get the last 6 at home.


hell ted williams hit a HR as his last at bat, but there were still games left and he dictated the situation to his advantage and sat his ass down and didn't play after the HR.
post #345 of 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
hell ted williams hit a HR as his last at bat, but there were still games left and he dictated the situation to his advantage and sat his ass down and didn't play after the HR.

That's not really true. He hit a home run in the bottom of the 8th in the last home game of his career. There were three completely meaningless games left (the Red Sox were way out of the pennant race), all at New York, and he decided - in advance - that he wasn't going to make the last road trip.

So, yes, he didn't play the last three games of his 'career' - but when he stood in the batters' box in the bottom of the 8th, he knew that was his last AB.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › 2016 MLB Season Thread