or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 MLB Season Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 4071
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
no let it continue. because its a textbook example of "yankee fan logic"

I NO RITE.

Its like, Bartolo Colon is a leading contender for a rotation slot. Hell, we're going to be better than we were last year!
post #32 of 4071
I'm a Yankees fan. The team is going to be treading water at the top for a long time unless they get Felix and a few more young players. Old age is a real problem on this team.
post #33 of 4071
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I'm a Yankees fan.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand we've come to the root of your problems.
post #34 of 4071
You a Braves fan Ed?
post #35 of 4071
I think he makes a good analysis. And I hate the Yankees. Look at it another way. Last year they finished in the top 4 in baseball and by many accounts were upset by Texas. You could argue that they underachieved last year. Sure the lost Petite but they also gained one of baseballs best closers last year as a set up man. And got stronger at catcher. The farm system has a lot of talent. And you know they will pick someone else big up along the way. The arguements that the Yankees will fall way off are not based in logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
no let it continue. because its a textbook example of "yankee fan logic"
post #36 of 4071
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
You a Braves fan Ed?

Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
I think he makes a good analysis. And I hate the Yankees. Look at it another way. Last year they finished in the top 4 in baseball and by many accounts were upset by Texas. You could argue that they underachieved last year. Sure the lost Petite but they also gained one of baseballs best closers last year as a set up man. And got stronger at catcher. The farm system has a lot of talent. And you know they will pick someone else big up along the way. The arguements that the Yankees will fall way off are not based in logic.

No one is saying they will fall off just that they have HUGE problems with pitching, they are an old ass team and the AL East overall is much better than it was last year.
post #37 of 4071
the analysis involving "all we need is a 5inn to win games because of the stacked bullpen" is suspect.

you need good starters who eat up innings or else no how good your bullpen is it gets overworked and eventually all hell brakes loose - this was the demise of Joe Torre.

its all good. its nice to have a lot of fans from different teams in this thread. hopefully this will be an interesting season that will bring more fans to this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
I think he makes a good analysis. And I hate the Yankees. Look at it another way. Last year they finished in the top 4 in baseball and by many accounts were upset by Texas. You could argue that they underachieved last year. Sure the lost Petite but they also gained one of baseballs best closers last year as a set up man. And got stronger at catcher. The farm system has a lot of talent. And you know they will pick someone else big up along the way. The arguements that the Yankees will fall way off are not based in logic.
post #38 of 4071
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
the analysis involving "all we need is a 5inn to win games because of the stacked bullpen" is suspect.

What I meant is that their 4th/5th starters don't need to go 8 innings for the Yankees to win a game. Its a good bet that at least one of the guys they have competing for a pitching job will end up doing pretty well. Their starting pitching isn't horrendous (although obviously not the best in the league), just not up to the Yankees usual standards (big names).

Either way, its better for their starters to be a little weak this year, while developing their very strong farm system pitching, than to trade away the farm system for a decent established pitcher (not an ace). No way they get Felix through trades, Seattle has a poor history of dealing with the Yankees (see Cliff Lee).
post #39 of 4071
post #40 of 4071
Thread Starter 
Michael Young wants a trade, Rangers have no desire to comply with his requests.

Looks like its going to be a great season in Texas...
post #41 of 4071
[quote=LawrenceMD;4097480]the analysis involving "all we need is a 5inn to win games because of the stacked bullpen" is suspect.

Very true - though I think he did qualify that by saying "many or some games. It will be interesting to see what happens. I think their pitching will be slightly better than we think and you know they are going to get someone big.
post #42 of 4071
The againg lineup is a problem though. Good farm system but I don;t think it is enough to keep this team as a contender a few years down the road. As well, I don't think ownership will have the patience for Cashman not to win now. So for those 2 reasons, I do think you will see them trade away some prospects for another pitcher this year. CAshman has fought hard for that farm system but when looking at keeping his job or not, I bet you see a few young arms go this summer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CTstudent View Post
What I meant is that their 4th/5th starters don't need to go 8 innings for the Yankees to win a game. Its a good bet that at least one of the guys they have competing for a pitching job will end up doing pretty well. Their starting pitching isn't horrendous (although obviously not the best in the league), just not up to the Yankees usual standards (big names).

Either way, its better for their starters to be a little weak this year, while developing their very strong farm system pitching, than to trade away the farm system for a decent established pitcher (not an ace). No way they get Felix through trades, Seattle has a poor history of dealing with the Yankees (see Cliff Lee).
post #43 of 4071
Where does he go? Maybe if the Rabgers fall apart this year but he makes a lot of money for a DH and his defense keeps getting worse. Still a good hitter but becoming a liabilty, even at 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Michael Young wants a trade, Rangers have no desire to comply with his requests.

Looks like its going to be a great season in Texas...
post #44 of 4071
Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
Where does he go? Maybe if the Rabgers fall apart this year but he makes a lot of money for a DH and his defense keeps getting worse. Still a good hitter but becoming a liabilty, even at 3rd.

Yeah, he's another guy closing in on 3000 hits. Wait, what's the common definition of "closing in on" I usually think a guy who is still very servicable sitting at 2300 to 2500 is closing in.
post #45 of 4071
Has there ever been a more dangerous (to a pitcher's health) manager/pitcher combo than Dusty Baker and a guy who throws 105 mph? Seriously, Chapman's arm might literally explode. Literally.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread