or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 MLB Season Thread - Page 199

post #2971 of 4074
^ so jealous

One of the last games i attended at Fenway was near there, in the grandstand. I didn't have a ticket and was just looking to pick one up from a scalper. I was running late and bought the first ticket I could find, not really loooking at it closely. When I got to my seat it was directly behind a steel pole. It was sort of charming in way. Not something I would repeat tho.
post #2972 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

^ so jealous

One of the last games i attended at Fenway was near there, in the grandstand. I didn't have a ticket and was just looking to pick one up from a scalper. I was running late and bought the first ticket I could find, not really loooking at it closely. When I got to my seat it was directly behind a steel pole. It was sort of charming in way. Not something I would repeat tho.

^damn sorry about that. yikes, the infamous support pole seats.

any other seat not obstructed by a pole is usually great in fenway though.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
except for the seats that face centerfield in right field, and the super deep right field bleach seats (where you end up watching half the game on the many monitors instead of the actual game.
post #2973 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

Witnessed my first walk off home run in person last night.

Cool!
Cabrera is making history every game. So unbelievable.
EVERY Tiger game, whether a win or loss, has been dramatic.
Last night, we saw another example of the "Ump Show".
I will be glad to see the Royals leave town. They are a "royal" pain.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 8/18/13 at 1:12pm
post #2974 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

^ogasmic?

I was at the Red Sox Yankees game in yesterday. Arod was booed lustily by everyone (even 95% of the yankee fans). There was a lot of yankee fans making a weekend out of it there. Damn the weather in the Northeast has been beautiful this weekend (including friday).


Seeing this picture of Fenway has convinced me that I've just got to get to Boston for the Tigers/Red Sox series in September.
post #2975 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

Seeing this picture of Fenway has convinced me that I've just got to get to Boston for the Tigers/Red Sox series in September.

be sure to check your potential seats here: http://www.preciseseating.com/index.php

it gives the so much information on view, possible obstructions (down to the % and what on the field exactly is obstructed). I use it religiously before buying tickets to fenway.
post #2976 of 4074
A few days old but awesome article. I think he now has 13 first pitch home runs.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/71395/cabrera-continues-to-make-history
post #2977 of 4074

That was a bullshit move by Dempster. How he wasn't ejected after throwing four pitches at Arod I will never know.

post #2978 of 4074
Because it's A-rod?
post #2979 of 4074

It doesn't matter who is being hit that is bush league. Although it is amusing that Dempster is so bad that it took him 4 pitches.

 

The bomb to center was good revenge but not as cool as when Harper stole home after Hamels hit him.

post #2980 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

It doesn't matter who is being hit that is bush league. Although it is amusing that Dempster is so bad that it took him 4 pitches.

The bomb to center was good revenge but not as cool as when Harper stole home after Hamels hit him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

That was a bullshit move by Dempster. How he wasn't ejected after throwing four pitches at Arod I will never know.

its kind of telling that there was no retaliation what so ever from the yankees. I can semi understand CC not retaliating, but in reality CC leaving a little earlier if he was ejected would've probably meant the yankees would've had a bigger lead lol8[1].gif

still CC seems like a standup guy and would immediately retaliate for a teammate. its really telling that no one on the yankees did.

speaking of bush league and arod antics:

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270530114
Quote:
Clark claimed Rodriguez called for the ball.
"I heard a 'Mine' call and so I let it go," Clark said. "It wasn't Johnny Mac. What do you do? It makes you mad."
After the play, McDonald started jawing with Rodriguez, and third base umpire Chad Fairchild got between them.

or this classic:

post #2981 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

be sure to check your potential seats here: http://www.preciseseating.com/index.php

it gives the so much information on view, possible obstructions (down to the % and what on the field exactly is obstructed). I use it religiously before buying tickets to fenway.

THANKS!
post #2982 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

It doesn't matter who is being hit that is bush league. Although it is amusing that Dempster is so bad that it took him 4 pitches.

The bomb to center was good revenge but not as cool as when Harper stole home after Hamels hit him.

For what it's worth, my comment was by way of speculative explanation, not endorsement.
post #2983 of 4074

Looks like we are headed for another exciting AL East finish. Everybody except Toronto is within striking distance and has a ton of divisional games coming up.

post #2984 of 4074
and beginning of the end for the sox. the unofficial start of fall in New England.
post #2985 of 4074
O's are cooked. Stick a fork in 'em. They don't have the magic this year.

Or the pitching.

And they can't afford all those Ks in the heart of the lineup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread