or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 MLB Season Thread - Page 178

post #2656 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

Never mind. Wtf

Two strange back to back starts for JV. Bizarre!
post #2657 of 4074

Verlander getting chased is bound to happen every once in a while. The real story here is Don Kelly going yard off Yu. I wonder what the live betting odds for that were! +100000000 I think.

post #2658 of 4074
Here Kitty Kitty
post #2659 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Here Kitty Kitty


Awwwwwww!
post #2660 of 4074

Dbacks start a 3 game set with the Fish tonight in Miami. Hopefully a road sweep and some bombs from Goldschmidt.

post #2661 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Verlander getting chased is bound to happen every once in a while. The real story here is Don Kelly going yard off Yu. I wonder what the live betting odds for that were! +100000000 I think.

I had the worst luck watching pedro martinez pitch live. I saw him pitch live 5 times and he lost the game because of shitty run support 4 times and the 5th time was plain old shelled for 8 earned runs (against the Mother FUcking Yankees in Yankee stadium (september 2004) no less).

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I did get to see the almost no hitter with schiling pitching in oakland in 2007 and vintage/prime Josh Beckett beat the yankees (2007-2009) 4 times (twice in yankee stadium).

i've had great luck with watching Jon Lester live against the yankees too.
post #2662 of 4074
I'm so pissed I passed on him in Fantasy. Oh well- took Yu Darvish in 2 of my leagues ahead of him. Asleep at the switch in the third. What's he hitting?

I bought Baseball Digest this year and I've really been disappointed with it.
post #2663 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

Awwwwwww!

My own version of Jet's Lakers Baby Lakers.

But seriously- if we don't win it I hope you do.
post #2664 of 4074
Sunday night, Cabrera hit three home runs, and still, the Tigers can't win. Sheesh.
post #2665 of 4074

In what world does Freddy Garcia keep up with CC. I think that Freddy has been hanging out with his buddy Bartolo, nahmean?

post #2666 of 4074

In light of his heroics last night, this is a cool article about how Pronk spends his time during games.

 

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324102604578495353264211968.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

post #2667 of 4074

Patrick Corbin 7-0....meanwhile our "ace" Ian Kennedy is getting shelled

post #2668 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto ELITE View Post

Patrick Corbin 7-0....meanwhile our "ace" Ian Kennedy is getting shelled

Don't know how Kennedy became the ace. Only had one good season; Corbin seems to be the real deal. I'm bummed- I only got to him quick enough in one of my leagues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

In light of his heroics last night, this is a cool article about how Pronk spends his time during games.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324102604578495353264211968.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

Interesting article.
post #2669 of 4074
Looking forward to attending the Tigers/ Twins game on Saturday at Comerica Park. At the game, there will be a celebration of the 45th anniversary of the '68 World Series team. I know that Lolich, Wert, McClain, Kaline, and others will be there.
post #2670 of 4074
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

Looking forward to attending the Tigers/ Twins game on Saturday at Comerica Park. At the game, there will be a celebration of the 45th anniversary of the '68 World Series team. I know that Lolich, Wert, McClain, Kaline, and others will be there.

One of my first baseball memories...McClain was 31-6? But Lolich was MVP of the series?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread