or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 MLB Season Thread - Page 149

post #2221 of 3934
Not a bad deal for both of them. Blue jays are going to contenders. Melky threw away millions. I was hoping the tigers would offer him a year or two deal, but hunter will do.
post #2222 of 3934

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

Not a bad deal for both of them. Blue jays are going to contenders. Melky threw away millions. I was hoping the tigers would offer him a year or two deal, but hunter will do.

The Jays are shaping up to be a powerhouse now. I'd be VERY worried if I was a fan of a team in the AL East (which, unfortunately, I am).

I'm wondering who the Marlins are going to trade Stanton to? I'd LOVE to get him on the Yankees but I don't think they have the prospects the Marlins would want. Jesus, he'd be a perfect fit for the team.
post #2223 of 3934
At this rate the Yankees could offer Brett Gardner, Clay Rapada, and a A ball pitcher and the marlins would likely accept.
post #2224 of 3934
Sounds like if the tigers don't get Sanchez, they'll go with Porcello and Smyly at the end of the rotation. They are gonna give Rondon a shot at closing. He throws heat. 100+. Hopefully he pans out. He was the last pitcher off the playoff roster. Had they known about Valverde he would've been on it.
post #2225 of 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

At this rate the Yankees could offer Brett Gardner, Clay Rapada, and a A ball pitcher and the marlins would likely accept.

That's be a lot... Stanton is quite good, but that's a lot...
post #2226 of 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

Sounds like if the tigers don't get Sanchez, they'll go with Porcello and Smyly at the end of the rotation. They are gonna give Rondon a shot at closing. He throws heat. 100+. Hopefully he pans out. He was the last pitcher off the playoff roster. Had they known about Valverde he would've been on it.

rumors are they might try and trade for Buerhle. apparently, Sanchez is asking for almost 100mil.
post #2227 of 3934
Which is exactly why he still hasn't signed anywhere yet. Not even a rumor of a team interested.

I heard 7 year, $100 million or 6 for $90. As good as he was in the postseason, he still is a career sub .500 pitcher.
post #2228 of 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

rumors are they might try and trade for Buerhle. apparently, Sanchez is asking for almost 100mil.

Why would the Jays wanna trade him to a division rival?


Also. How big of a shaft is it for those guys and taxes!! I just thought of that. Not that they are really gonna miss it. But damn.
post #2229 of 3934
he's fucking average AT BEST. I wouldn't even give him $10mil a year.
post #2230 of 3934
This is a good piece on Loria and what a conniving cocksucker genius he is:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/42760/theres-shrewd-theres-genius-then-theres-marlins-owner-jeffrey-loria
post #2231 of 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

he's fucking average AT BEST. I wouldn't even give him $10mil a year.

Wait, are we still talking Buehrle? He's been well well well above average for his career. There's an argument that at 34 he's hitting that average mark, but :/
post #2232 of 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by staxringold View Post

Wait, are we still talking Buehrle? He's been well well well above average for his career. There's an argument that at 34 he's hitting that average mark, but :/

No, Sanchez
post #2233 of 3934
BJ Upton to the Braves and Denard Span to the Nats. The NL East is lookin lively this off season!
post #2234 of 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

BJ Upton to the Braves and Denard Span to the Nats. The NL East is lookin lively this off season!

Will be interesting to see if either have better 'tudes... The Nats have really built a team. Last since the Senators long long ago.
post #2235 of 3934
why the hell is any team going to give Nick Swisher any more than 10million/year?! please god don't let it be the red sox.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2014 MLB Season Thread