• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2012 College Football Thread

?

• F

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • L

• O

• R

• I

• D

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • A!

• S

• T

• A

• T

• E!

• FLORIDA STATE!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • FLORIDA STATE!

• FLORIDA STATE!

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• LET'S

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • GO

• PANTHERS!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FSU pulled in an insanely good class. I look forward to watching them in the coming years.

ND ended up doing quite well as well. Monster defensive front 7 class.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
FSU pulled in an insanely good class. I look forward to watching them in the coming years.

ND ended up doing quite well as well. Monster defensive front 7 class.

That's the thing...signing classes are horribly inaccurate. ND pretty much always has a great signing class. HOw's it worked out for them?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
New year same story. The SEC cleans up in recruiting, and one of their 5 schools that pulls in those blue chip players will beat a Big 12, Pac 10, or Big Ten team for the title.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345

For reals. Best class in years AND most of the guys were locked up weeks ago. Jimbo & Co. knows what they're doing, that's for sure. He may not know that Tim Jernigan's grandma makes the best fried chicken you ever tasted, but he damn sure can recruit.

Pretty pumped up. At least three of the guys (especially the two JUCO pickups on the line) are going to see playing time right away. We addressed our greatest weaknesses - WR, DT, and LB.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Longhorns finally got a stud runningback. It just baffles me how we can miss out on such a vital position year after year.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That a boy Mitch Mustain.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
The Longhorns finally got a stud runningback. It just baffles me how we can miss out on such a vital position year after year.

Yep, Brown will be huge for the Horns. I think they'll be a big surprise on the upside in 2011.

TCU has consistently been in the 40's to 60's when it comes to national recruiting rankings each yeat, and this year most people have the class around #24. So watch out for the Frogs now that Patterson has even better athletes to work with than before. 2011 will be a rebuilding year and I expect to lose to Boise, but once they hit the Big East TCU will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
For reals. Best class in years AND most of the guys were locked up weeks ago. Jimbo & Co. knows what they're doing, that's for sure. He may not know that Tim Jernigan's grandma makes the best fried chicken you ever tasted, but he damn sure can recruit.

Pretty pumped up. At least three of the guys (especially the two JUCO pickups on the line) are going to see playing time right away. We addressed our greatest weaknesses - WR, DT, and LB.

I was pissed that the linebacker went to Clemson (Steward???). Bastard!

But they have the 2 5-star guys.. not bad!

Better than Dan Kendra i guess.

Ps... best fried chicken was at Guthrie's in Tallahassee. At least back when i lived out there. I am sure they have some good chicken in Lake City (where Jernigan is from). At least he didn't go to the damn gators.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
I was pissed that the linebacker went to Clemson (Steward???). Bastard!

But they have the 2 5-star guys.. not bad!

Better than Dan Kendra i guess.

Another 'Nole fan on the forum? Nice!

Dan Kendra was a victim of bad timing. If he were at FSU during the Rix/McPherson/Weatherford he'd've started. I always wonder whatever happened to him. He did something similar to Pat Tillman - he had locked up the starting fullback job with the Indianapolis Colts but left right before the season began to join the Rangers.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Another 'Nole fan on the forum? Nice!

Dan Kendra was a victim of bad timing. If he were at FSU during the Rix/McPherson/Weatherford he'd've started. I always wonder whatever happened to him. He did something similar to Pat Tillman - he had locked up the starting fullback job with the Indianapolis Colts but left right before the season began to join the Rangers.

I think the 'Noles needed a pocket passing type of QB at that point. That is when they had L.Coles and P.Warrick. Probably why the went with Weinke. I believe Kendra was more of the Tebow or option type of QB. Actually... i never considered the Tebow/Kendra similarity.

But anyway.. the FSU WR recruit who is about 6'6'' is pretty interesting to me. Rivals.com compares him to Plaxico Burress. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...tWYBt0nqBDPZB4

Rivals compares James Wilder Jr. to Brandon Jacobs.... hope he runs over those damn linebacker recruits at Clemson. Hope the Noles finally get back to the top team in Southeast status. Sick of the Alabama teams and the Gators.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Georgia pulled together an outstanding class, especially given the poor play in 2010. I was worried Richt's "Dream Team" concept would end up blowing up in his face, but it really worked out well.

Assuming he lives up to the hype, getting Crowell was huge.

Now we just have to wait until Saturday to see if John Jenkins is coming to Athens. He'd be an outstanding addition, possibly as big as signing Crowell.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Georgia pulled together an outstanding class, especially given the poor play in 2010. I was worried Richt's "Dream Team" concept would end up blowing up in his face, but it really worked out well.

Now we just have to wait until Saturday to see if John Jenkins is coming to Athens. He'd be an outstanding addition, possibly as big as signing Crowell.

so espn had footage of one of the signees putting on this UGA hat. It looked kind of BAMF. Outline of the state with UGA inside.

Not gonna lie, might get me one.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

John Jenkins is a monster. 340 pounds

But Georgia dominated the in-state recruits. 7 out of the top 10.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ings/rank-2696

Better than FSU. Clemson actually did the best recruiting job in terms of 5-star Florida recruits.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DeAnthony Thomas (#5 prospect in the nation) goes to Oregon
frown.gif
. Don't blame him, consider how badly bungled the RB's at USC since Bush/White have been.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads