or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2012 College Football Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 College Football Thread - Page 74

Poll Results: ?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 4% (2)
    F
  • 4% (2)
    L
  • 4% (2)
    O
  • 4% (2)
    R
  • 4% (2)
    I
  • 8% (4)
    D
  • 8% (4)
    A!
  • 4% (2)
    S
  • 4% (2)
    T
  • 4% (2)
    A
  • 4% (2)
    T
  • 4% (2)
    E!
  • 6% (3)
    FLORIDA STATE!
  • 4% (2)
    FLORIDA STATE!
  • 4% (2)
    FLORIDA STATE!
  • 8% (4)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • 2% (1)
    LET'S
  • 8% (4)
    GO
  • 2% (1)
    PANTHERS!
45 Total Votes  
post #1096 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

side note: Southern miss is always an intriguing team to me. they seem to be ranked every year usually by the end but its not really a program or school that i know anything about. They're kinda like the most under the radar good team. IRDK.

It strikes me that they're sort of a classic mid-major. They go 1-2 in non-conference play (beating some 1-aa school and taking 2 payday games at Nebraska or LSU et.al.), and are in the top half of their conference, which almost always is enough to put them in a bowl game. Apparently they have 18 consecutive winning seasons, but have never been ranked in the Top Ten.
post #1097 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

would it surprise anyone to see that NO ONE was present for the Sheraton Hotels Hawaii Bowl? Like it was poor 1-aa attendance bad.
side note: Southern miss is always an intriguing team to me. they seem to be ranked every year usually by the end but its not really a program or school that i know anything about. They're kinda like the most under the radar good team. IRDK.

I think it's incredibly dick to make college kids play/cheerlead on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm. That really irritates me.
post #1098 of 1322
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I think it's incredibly dick to make college kids play/cheerlead on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm. That really irritates me.

it was only like 6 when they played
post #1099 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I think it's incredibly dick to make college kids play/cheerlead on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm. That really irritates me.

The game kicked off @ 3:00 local time, and involved a solid vacation in Hawaii. Seems like a reasonable consolation prize. It would suck to play the Motor City Bowl on Christmas Eve, but the Hawaii Bowl doesn't seem like a terrible deal.
post #1100 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj100 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I think it's incredibly dick to make college kids play/cheerlead on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm. That really irritates me.

The game kicked off @ 3:00 local time, and involved a solid vacation in Hawaii. Seems like a reasonable consolation prize. It would suck to play the Motor City Bowl on Christmas Eve, but the Hawaii Bowl doesn't seem like a terrible deal.
I saw a few minutes of the game, and at first thought how terrible to have no fans and to play so late. Then it occurred to me that it was much earlier in the day, in Hawaii. I no longer felt sorry for them after that thought.
post #1101 of 1322
SEC schedule for next year just got announced. UGA has a pretty straightforward path back to the SEC championship. THREE cupcake games next year, no tough OOC games, and we play Missouri and Ol' Miss from the West. No Arkansas, LSU, or Bama. Don't play South Carolina until Week 6 (which will be weird).
post #1102 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

THREE cupcake games next year, no tough OOC games,

I don't think you needed to wait for the schedule to be announced to know this. wink.gif
post #1103 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post

I don't think you needed to wait for the schedule to be announced to know this. wink.gif

UGA has had a pretty tough OOC slate the last few years. OK State twice (home and away), Arizona State, Boise St among others.
post #1104 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

UGA has had a pretty tough OOC slate the last few years. OK State twice (home and away), Arizona State, Boise St among others.

Georgia plays one of the tougher OOC schedules, almost always scheduling 2 BCS conference opponents in addition to 2 cupcakes. Most of the SEC schools just play one BCS opponent OOC (as do many of the other top programs).
post #1105 of 1322
I've seen more defense in flag football games than in the Alamo Bowl.
post #1106 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I've seen more defense in flag football games than in the Alamo Bowl.

Much more entertaining when TD's are scored instead of field goals that ends the game at 6-3.
post #1107 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I've seen more defense in flag football games than in the Alamo Bowl.

One unbelievable quarterback, one soon-to-be great quarterback and two awful defenses. Who cares, it's fun.
post #1108 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent View Post

One unbelievable quarterback, one soon-to-be great quarterback and two awful defenses. Who cares, it's fun.

I demand only one thing over second tier bowl games -- be like this one.
post #1109 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post

I demand only one thing over second tier bowl games -- be like this one.

I'm a football philistine, I could not give a shit if every bowl game is like this one.
post #1110 of 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

SEC schedule for next year just got announced. UGA has a pretty straightforward path back to the SEC championship. THREE cupcake games next year, no tough OOC games, and we play Missouri and Ol' Miss from the West. No Arkansas, LSU, or Bama. Don't play South Carolina until Week 6 (which will be weird).

Isn't Missouri in the East?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2012 College Football Thread